Change font size
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:44 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 56 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:12 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

So now I'm thinking of getting a '05-'06 GTO instead of an LS1 Camaro.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:02 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Got a gas tank and carburetor for my Ranchero, also bled most of the brake system, and replaced the heater hoses. Just need to get stuff installed, set the timing and it should be good. To run, anyways, it still needs floor pan replaced, which is something we won't be able to do ourselves. On a side note there's green stuff growing on the interior of the good door, and it has the most comfortable seats I've ever seen or felt in a car.

Last edited by sentinal133 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:04 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Nice. I had to replace the front driver side brake caliper on my GTP, it was malfunctioning and only using one of the pads. One pad was down to the metal and the other still had like 80-90% of the pad left. Total ***** to get off. Stops real nice now though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:12 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Really hoping that we don't have to do anything to my car's front brakes, they work nicely in that the pads contact the rotors, but the rotors themselves are covered in rust. The rear brakes also work nicely and are actually clean, though covered in cobwebs and other lovely traces of spiders, so we shouldn't have to do anything with them. Something I'm thankful for since they're drum brakes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:02 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

That's one nice thing I like about my GTP's brakes, they're all disc brakes. I should paint the calipers red for extra horsepower X)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:50 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@QBlade: glad the 'situation' was toned down.
And, can't wait to see the MOC!

@Hikaro: We've been wondering where you went off too!
Minecraft does have some great features ... for building and such.

WooT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:32 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

It's nice that the bubble of too busy for anything is about to burst, school's been keeping me really busy for the past couple of weeks. It's also good to be MOCing again.

@Napo: Glad to hear the new G.I Joe movie was good, looking forward to seeing it this Friday. I noticed some more arctic settings in the trailer, is there any sign of Kwinn the Eskimo?

Biohazard wrote:
That's one nice thing I like about my GTP's brakes, they're all disc brakes. I should paint the calipers red for extra horsepower X)
30% faster and more agile! :9 Cookies to whoever gets the reference

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:27 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
I think today is the 1 yr anniversary of me finding out I would be losing my full time job I had for 12 years. So much has been going on that I really didn't think about it too much. The at about 8:15 I got a phone call from my new boss about a job opportunity I didn't expect. It's a district manager position for the news paper that is printed where I work now (my new boss's former job). I was highly recommended due to my attitude and personality. I am kinda taken aback by it and not really sure what to think. My first thoughts are nervousness and doubt, but after thinking about it for 2 hrs and talking to my wife, I think I will let them know I am interested. My head is about to explode because I am worried about this being the wrong decision. I think not pursuing it might be a bigger mistake. I'll let you all know what happens or how hard I fall flat on my face. It is nice to see being a good guy get rewarded.....especially when I am so close to becoming a villain. ;D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:29 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Congrats, Quickblade! If you do become a villain, can I be your trusted Lieutenant or at least a high-level minion? :p

Minifig Charmed: While I was initially skeptical about Minecraft (as I always am about anything that's insanely popular at the moment), once I played it, I realized that the hype didn't nearly do it justice: It basically combines the core aspects of my three favorite game genres (First-person shooter, RPG and Real Time/Turn-based strategy) into one compact package of awesomeness. I don't know how you approach the game, but I generally play it as if it were a first-person version of Age of Empires or Civilization, I.e. I try to build a network of elaborate bases/towns across the land (and in the vanilla game, populate them with Testificate villagers), with a rail/highway network connecting them all.

I have even had some success with establishing a permanent self-sufficient stronghold in the Nether:

NetherCastle by Hikaro Takayama, on Flickr

It even has an underground cow/chicken farm for food and is 100% ghast proof.

Unfortunately as I said before it will be a while before I can get back to Minecrafting, since the motherboard on my gaming PC died, and my other PC is a bit too slow to run the game at an acceptable rate, even with all the lowest graphics settings....

Fortunately, it looks like I'll be able to replace my Intel Pentium D 2.6 Ghz dual-core motherboard with 2 GB DDR-2 ram and Ge-Force 7800 on-board graphics with an AMD Motherboard with 4 GB DDR-3, Trinity 3.4 Ghz dual-core APU with built-in Radeon HD graphics adapter for a mere $185... Just gotta wait until I get paid tomorrow to put my order through to NewEgg....

Also, this day has been both good and bad: I got home today and opened the electric bill and saw "$0.00" in the balance due section, so when I called the power company, it turned out that they overcharged us so much last month that the over payment was $0.82 more than what I owed this month, so YAY!

The bad part happened about half an hour ago: I was washing the dishes and accidently stabbed my left middle finger on one of the blades of our food processor when I was reached in, and was bleeding like a stuck pig for a while. The finger is still bleeding (although not so much since I made my own pressure bandage out of a band aid and some electrical tape) and hurts like the blue blazes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:35 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Hikaro...
You make my castle look very pathetic. That is all.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 56 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 100  Next