Change font size
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:40 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 52 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:33 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

[quote="Napoleon]... Police-looking KBar...[/quote]This could mean any number of things. Especially since the company Ka-Bar produced a knife for law enforcement that looks nothing like a typical "combat knife".

Come now my good chap, you should know by now there are too many people on this board who are weapons collectors/enthusiasts to get away with generic terms. :oP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:55 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I'll try to find a picture, Machetero. :9 Also, I should have said "Kbar-looking." It's not a real KBar.

Biohazard wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
Pocket knife with a button that makes it pop open. Pretty small, and with steel and wood body. Really cheap. I'm not sure about the legality, but it's pretty much a fancy toothpick. Not a stiletto or something scary. Just a rounded blade a teeny bit shorter than your thumb. KY Daoye.

Are you sure it's a switchblade and not a spring assisted?

What's the difference between the two kinds? I've seen this mentioned before and I haven't understood. I collect knives, but haven't become an expert or anything.

So in other random, unimportant, pretty boring news, I'm thinking about wearing some of my dad's old black brogue shoes. He has like, a bajillion of them up in the attic (around twenty+, I'd say), and I kind of like the look of them. I don't wanna look too odd/weird/fatherly ( ;9 ) though. I've been trying to renovate my wardrobe lately; I have stopped wearing tee-shirts and short-sleeved button-downs completely except for under jackets.

Yes, this is part of my epic quest to get a girlfriend. You guys probably already guessed that. :9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:51 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Napoleon wrote:
I'll try to find a picture, Machetero. :9 Also, I should have said "Kbar-looking." It's not a real KBar.
Fair enough. So typical 4-7 inch clip point blade with a decent width grip?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:28 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
Fair enough. So typical 4-7 inch clip point blade with a decent width grip?

I'd say it's about 7 inches. I think its more of a drop point.

The knife doesn't really look this, but the blade tip shape is pretty much the same: http://media.midwayusa.com/productimage ... 468703.jpg Very gentle slope.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:44 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Napoleon wrote:

Biohazard wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
Pocket knife with a button that makes it pop open. Pretty small, and with steel and wood body. Really cheap. I'm not sure about the legality, but it's pretty much a fancy toothpick. Not a stiletto or something scary. Just a rounded blade a teeny bit shorter than your thumb. KY Daoye.

Are you sure it's a switchblade and not a spring assisted?

What's the difference between the two kinds? I've seen this mentioned before and I haven't understood. I collect knives, but haven't become an expert or anything.

A real switchblade, you push a button, and a mechanical device throws the blade out. A spring assisted knife, you have to manually open the knife just a tiny bit, then a spring, well, springs the blade out.

As for the girlfriend thing, good luck on that quest good sir. I've found I'm almost Yes, I said almost. Not entirely. as happy with Monica here when she's all cleaned up and shiny.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:42 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Yep, it's a switchblade then. Push-button and lock and all.

You named your car Monica? "I did not have relations with that automobile!" ;9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:24 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Biohazard wrote:
I've found I'm almost Yes, I said almost. Not entirely. as happy with Monica here when she's all cleaned up and shiny.

Wow. Not bad, not bad at all.

edit: So at what point in Diablo III did Lyndon start looking awesome?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:06 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Napoleon wrote:
Yep, it's a switchblade then. Push-button and lock and all.

You named your car Monica? "I did not have relations with that automobile!" ;9

Nice, those are harder to find due to retarded legalities. Because it's easier to kill someone with a push button knife rather than a spring assisted, you know?

And yes. Yes I did. I name all my cars. Molly was the Mercury Tracer station wagon, 'The Pig' was my Beretta, and the blue mazda was "That blue *string of obscenities* mazda"

I'm, hopefully, plastidipping today (Depending how much I buy and how much time I have, I'll be doing some combination of the rims, front valance, rear valance, and spoiler). I'll post before and after pictures if I get around to it. Also gonna see if I can figure out why the foglights don't work, and see how much a custom made fenderwell air intake will cost me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:18 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Biohazard wrote:
I'm, hopefully, plastidipping today (Depending how much I buy and how much time I have, I'll be doing some combination of the rims, front valance, rear valance, and spoiler). I'll post before and after pictures if I get around to it.

Nice, I need to do something my car's rims, one of them has the coating flaking off and is corroding, I'm hoping I can stop that because I rather like the current wheels.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:19 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

sentinal133 wrote:
Biohazard wrote:
I'm, hopefully, plastidipping today (Depending how much I buy and how much time I have, I'll be doing some combination of the rims, front valance, rear valance, and spoiler). I'll post before and after pictures if I get around to it.

Nice, I need to do something my car's rims, one of them has the coating flaking off and is corroding, I'm hoping I can stop that because I rather like the current wheels.

Hmm. What color are they? How bad is the corrosion, is it just surface?

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 52 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 100  Next