Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:28 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Shadow Viking wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
Man, post people!

Well played, Viking of the Shadows. Well played.

Also, where ya been? Did you bury, er, *show* our mutual friend Mr. Smith that hole in your cellar?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:41 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Lurking. College. Spring break. Making things. I made some leather coinpurses based on a find from Hedeby, Denmark:
Also in background: my Hanwei Tinker Norman Sword, which I bought last week. <3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:17 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Ooh, neat. I have a little leather pouch just like those with some fool's gold in it. Bought it at a cave.

Is the sword carbon or stainless?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:23 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Napoleon wrote:
@Mach: YES! YES! Do it! You won't regret it. Just remember to turn autosave off and save often, and the effect freezes have on you should be nada. Forget the other crap, play Fallout, you stubborn old mule. ;9
I don't deal well with being told what to do. Darksiders it is! Also, since I own Fallout 3 but borrowing Darksiders I'd rather get that back to my friend first.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:29 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
@Mach: YES! YES! Do it! You won't regret it. Just remember to turn autosave off and save often, and the effect freezes have on you should be nada. Forget the other crap, play Fallout, you stubborn old mule. ;9
I don't deal well with being told what to do. Darksiders it is! Also, since I own Fallout 3 but borrowing Darksiders I'd rather get that back to my friend first.

*thinks about your martial arts comments*

*locks self in bathroom*

:9

Good point with getting that back to your friend. I'm a zealous Fallout evangelist, though.

Let me know how Darksiders is. I've thought about playing it before.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:48 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Napoleon wrote:

Carbon. It's this one, although I got mine from SwordNArmory. The pommel is peened, as well, and the scabbard is wood rather than fiberglass which some replicas ship with.

It's no Albion, but it's still excellent, especially for the price. I haven't done any cutting tests with it (I did get the sharp one :9 ) but it handles nicely. My only complaint is that it occasionally catches on something in the scabbard when sheathing it.

Next, a viking sword. I'd ordered a practical/training/reenactment one from Darksword Armory but evidently they were out of stock, so all I got was a refund. Darksword used to do returns tho... I've heard of folks buying a $90 sword that turned out to be unavailable and getting a $200 sword in return. That would have been nice. :D Oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:49 pm 
Bellow Boss
Bellow Boss

@SV I forgot you live nearish me. I think you go to the same college a couple of my friends do.

REDDIT IS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!! =U Whatever will I do for the next however long their maintenance takes?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:58 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

It's a pretty decent college from what I hear. Maybe we can be classmates, SV! :D

;9

Shadow Viking wrote:
Napoleon wrote:

Carbon. It's this one, although I got mine from SwordNArmory. The pommel is peened, as well, and the scabbard is wood rather than fiberglass which some replicas ship with.

It's no Albion, but it's still excellent, especially for the price. I haven't done any cutting tests with it (I did get the sharp one :9 ) but it handles nicely. My only complaint is that it occasionally catches on something in the scabbard when sheathing it.

Next, a viking sword. I'd ordered a practical/training/reenactment one from Darksword Armory but evidently they were out of stock, so all I got was a refund. Darksword used to do returns tho... I've heard of folks buying a $90 sword that turned out to be unavailable and getting a $200 sword in return. That would have been nice. :D Oh well.

Wow, 243 bucks? That is awesome. I wish I could afford that (well, I could, technically, but it'd eat up my budget for other things). Post when you test it. I better see a video of you smashing a watermelon. :9 I still need to pick up a watermelon for my cutlass. I've only cut water bottles with it.

Are you going to reenact/ren fair?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:04 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

hawkxs wrote:
@SV I forgot you live nearish me. I think you go to the same college a couple of my friends do.

Sweet! Small world.
Your friends go to Hope College? If they have any geeky interests like D&D, video games, or what have you, there's actually a possibility that I've met them. If not, I should, 'cause they're missing out on Hope Geek Life. :P

Napoleon wrote:
It's a pretty decent college from what I hear. Maybe we can be classmates, SV! :D

Do you really want to meet me unconstrained by text and forum rules? Think about that one :P
Actually no I'm a pretty nice guy IRL, usually. ;)

Napoleon wrote:

I mean to make a film actually. But eventually I plan to get into reenactment as well. My costuming isn't quite up to snuff yet, though; it looks accurate at camera distance, but is generally of inauthentic materials, modern dye, chrome-tanned leather, etc. College student budget, yanno. The leather for those coinpurses is from a thrifted coat. :>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:18 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Shadow Viking wrote:
Napoleon wrote:

Do you really want to meet me unconstrained by text and forum rules? Think about that one :P
Actually no I'm a pretty nice guy IRL, usually. ;)

Napoleon wrote:

I mean to make a film actually. But eventually I plan to get into reenactment as well. My costuming isn't quite up to snuff yet, though; it looks accurate at camera distance, but is generally of inauthentic materials, modern dye, chrome-tanned leather, etc. College student budget, yanno. The leather for those coinpurses is from a thrifted coat. :>

I'm the opposite; I'm a loveable buddy-bear on here, but I will mess up your face in real life and extinguish my cigs on your eyeballs. #attempt at humor

Sweet. That'll make three reenactors on here. You, Hikaro, and myself, since I'm hellbent at working at the Rev-Napoleon-WWII reenactments around my neck of the woods. Weird how many people on here have bizarrely similar lives.

And that is a neat idea using a thrift coat like that. I might have to try that out myself and add some leather strips to my tinkering drawers.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 45 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 100  Next