Change font size
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:49 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 42 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:22 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Mass Effect 3 was really good (I have a PS3, so I can't speak for the other two). But not as good as Fallout at all. ME has the same "alter the story" stuff, but not nearly as much free roam or exploration. It was basically "choose which planet you'll have a quasi-on-rails repetitive FPS level on." Great game, still I by far prefer Fallout. One suggestion: get Skyrim over Mass Effect anytime ever. ME3 had a ton of innuendo/sex stuff and partial nudity and... stuff. I played it in my room. ;9 EDIT: And to be honest, I thought the bad guys in ME3 were boring. Again, though, I have a PS3, so I can't speak for the other two.

EDIT AGAIN: ME3 had limb splatter, too. Heads explode often if you aim right.

I'm actually replaying New Vegas now. I just got Boone as a companion for the first time. Suh-weet. I think I'll go for NCR this play-through. I played through once and became Dictator of Vegas, and another time I didn't complete the play-through, but had been going for Caesar.

Last edited by Napoleon on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:27 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Napoleon wrote:
Mass Effect 3 was really good (I have a PS3, so I can't speak for the other two). But not as good as Fallout at all. ME has the same "alter the story" stuff, but not nearly as much free roam or exploration. It was basically "choose which planet you'll have a quasi-on-rails repetitive FPS level on." Great game, still I by far prefer Fallout. One suggestion: get Skyrim over Mass Effect anytime ever. ME3 had a ton of innuendo and partial nudity and stuff.

And that's why you should get the original Mass Effect, much more freedom. If you want. You can just do the things that are labeled I'm sure, but I think that would make the game much harder and far shorter. There's also a lot more RPG elements in ME 1 than 2, but I still haven't played the third one, so I can't speak for it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:30 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

sentinal133 wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
Mass Effect 3 was really good (I have a PS3, so I can't speak for the other two). But not as good as Fallout at all. ME has the same "alter the story" stuff, but not nearly as much free roam or exploration. It was basically "choose which planet you'll have a quasi-on-rails repetitive FPS level on." Great game, still I by far prefer Fallout. One suggestion: get Skyrim over Mass Effect anytime ever. ME3 had a ton of innuendo and partial nudity and stuff.

And that's why you should get the original Mass Effect, much more freedom. If you want. You can just do the things that are labeled I'm sure, but I think that would make the game much harder and far shorter. There's also a lot more RPG elements in ME 1 than 2, but I still haven't played the third one, so I can't speak for it.

Awesome! :D I would love that, but they aren't on PS3, are they?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:33 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

MassEffect is a great sci-fi story. Yes, it is a driven storyline, but there are plenty of side quests to give it some spice. Also, generally good language ; the 'sex' as and innuendos all depend on how you choose to play the game ... mine has been very clean. :o)
and yes, start with game 1, everything you do carries over to the next game - very cool.

Well, here's to my last week of fulltime work, woot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:35 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

LOL, I almost forgot how you can avoid some of the innuendo (I haven't played in months), but that was an amusing thought of MC, our resident mother, reveling in the most M-rated-y version of ME. ;9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:39 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Napoleon wrote:
LOL, I almost forgot how you can avoid some of the innuendo (I haven't played in months), but that was an amusing thought of MC, our resident mother, reveling in the most M-rated-y version of ME. ;9

lol, I'll take that as a complement :o)

I love the game and appreciate all the effort Bioware put in to it, so that nearly anyone can enjoy it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:30 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I have one other problem with Skyrim. The combat is so incredibly repetitive and boring. You're going to use the exact same moves hundreds of times, and there won't be any variation. No combos or anything to add to it. Just the same basic slashes, and bashes over and over. Stealth is the way to go in that game, because then you actually get some variation as to how you go about a situation.

@Napo: ME is not an FPS. It's Third Person, and if you use your powers there's a lot of variation in combat. I've only played the first one though. Cover systems also add a lot of gameplay depth.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:25 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

@Mac: *embarrassed headsmack* I haven't played in a while, though I did play it through. It definitely has FPS flavor.

Yeah, the fighting in Skyrim gets a little repetitive, but overall it can be overlooked by how many different things there are to do. I've never come close to finishing. The magic is fun, too, and quite a few different spells are available.

So, I just got to the gates of New Vegas. I sent Boone home to my owned room in Novac, and am having Veronica tag along at the moment. I need another darned 1000 caps to be let in to Vegas though. :9 My favorite location in FO: New Vegas is definitely the Ultra Lux. Knowing how sick and twisted they are makes it fun to hunt them, and they're relatively weak, except for the Members Only area, where they are total berserkers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Is it weird that I have 3 phone batteries? I always carry an extra with me and have a 3rd charging at home.
And I have 3 backplates. And a replacement screen. And a replacement speaker. :o&

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:08 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Napoleon wrote:
sentinal133 wrote:
Napoleon wrote:

Awesome! :D I would love that, but they aren't on PS3, are they?

NOPE!
macleodman2 wrote:
I have one other problem with Skyrim. The combat is so incredibly repetitive and boring. You're going to use the exact same moves hundreds of times, and there won't be any variation. No combos or anything to add to it. Just the same basic slashes, and bashes over and over. Stealth is the way to go in that game, because then you actually get some variation as to how you go about a situation.

Of all the games I've played, I think Assassin's Creed has the best melee combat, which seems a bit odd since it's a stealth game.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 42 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 100  Next