It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:38 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 41 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:40 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Napoleon wrote:
@Sent: D'oh! Holy crap, I forgot! Yes, there is that one perk, but it is entirely optional if I remember correctly. Overall I'd say Skyrim is very PG-13. Definitely not R. If your parents don't mind LotR, I'd doubt they'd mind Skyrim.

Well it varies, you cut people's heads off with one perk, but the two-handed kill animation is still pretty shocking.
Quote:
@CB: I'm with Mac; they just can't be compared. It's like comparing Star Wars with Lord of the Rings. Apples and Oranges. I'm really divided, but I think I'd like Fallout 3 better without hesitation if it didn't glitch up. :\ Mac is right, Skyrim was just a little bland in the story department. Fallout is extremely cinematic and suspenseful, to me at least.

SWBF and LotR Conquest are extremely similar, almost identical with the exception of one being ranged and the other being melee.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:42 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

SWBF and LotR Conquest use the same engine. Conquest was made with the specific intention of being a LotR version of Battlefront.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:42 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@QBlade: sorry about the news, I know how you feel.
Lots of things will have to wait for me too, and with a lot less of needed money now ... no fun at all.

On that note, one more week and I'll be on here more. I sure hope my internet last long enough for me to finish setting my website ... :o/

@kill moves Skyrim: yeah, I'd say that they can be fairly graphic and gruesome but it isn't every time you turn around in the game.

Also, several games have a 'gore' control where you can tone it down ... Fallout 3 might be one of those, if I remember right ... 'if' ...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:42 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

macleodman2 wrote:
SWBF and LotR Conquest use the same engine. Conquest was made with the specific intention of being a LotR version of Battlefront.

Cool! I did not know that. Though it seems like some things weren't carried over from SWBF, like healing. Maybe that's just because I usualy only played as warrior or assassin.
minfigCharmed wrote:
@kill moves Skyrim: yeah, I'd say that they can be fairly graphic and gruesome but it isn't every time you turn around in the game.

There was this one time when I was greeted with a kill animation after every kill. It started bugging out once where it would stay in first person view.

edit: By the way, last weekend I got a square bore intake manifold for my car, means it should be easier, and cheaper, to find a carburetor.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:12 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

sentinal133 wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
@Sent: D'oh! Holy crap, I forgot! Yes, there is that one perk, but it is entirely optional if I remember correctly. Overall I'd say Skyrim is very PG-13. Definitely not R. If your parents don't mind LotR, I'd doubt they'd mind Skyrim.

Well it varies, you cut people's heads off with one perk, but the two-handed kill animation is still pretty shocking.
Quote:
@CB: I'm with Mac; they just can't be compared. It's like comparing Star Wars with Lord of the Rings. Apples and Oranges. I'm really divided, but I think I'd like Fallout 3 better without hesitation if it didn't glitch up. :\ Mac is right, Skyrim was just a little bland in the story department. Fallout is extremely cinematic and suspenseful, to me at least.

SWBF and LotR Conquest are extremely similar, almost identical with the exception of one being ranged and the other being melee.

Can't argue with that one.

I was referring to the movies, but wow, I did not know that. I have tens of thousands of kills on Battlefronts I and II, and hundreds of hours later I still have fun.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:25 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Napoleon wrote:
I was referring to the movies, but wow, I did not know that. I have tens of thousands of kills on Battlefronts I and II, and hundreds of hours later I still have fun.

Yeah LotR Conquest is equally as awesome as SWBF.

edit:
sentinal133 wrote:
edit: By the way, last weekend I got a square bore intake manifold for my car, means it should be easier, and cheaper, to find a carburetor.

And got it installed, pictures on Flickr if anyone cares.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:25 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

sentinal133 wrote:
sentinal133 wrote:

Nice. I'm looking at getting a Pontiac GTP on Monday, supercharged 3.8L V6. Yum :|~

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:47 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I think I'll give Mass Effect a try, the combat doesn't look too gory, and it seems to have lots to do and a decent sci-fi atmosphere, even if a little freedom is sacrificed. Definitely falls within the Enemy at the Gates gore threshold I'm working with. Fallout can wait for the lappy to get built.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:45 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Biohazard wrote:
sentinal133 wrote:
sentinal133 wrote:

Nice. I'm looking at getting a Pontiac GTP on Monday, supercharged 3.8L V6. Yum :|~

Sounds nice. Seems like few car makers do much with the V6.
Powered Assault Commando wrote:
I think I'll give Mass Effect a try, the combat doesn't look too gory, and it seems to have lots to do and a decent sci-fi atmosphere, even if a little freedom is sacrificed. Definitely falls within the Enemy at the Gates gore threshold I'm working with. Fallout can wait for the lappy to get built.

There's next to no gore, depending on the game. The first one has one occurrence that I can recall, while second doesn't have any. In terms of gore anyways, bit of blood, but it's still not too bad. Can't speak for the third game since I've only played the demo.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:36 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

sentinal133 wrote:
Sounds nice. Seems like few car makers do much with the V6.

Pontiac, Buick, and Chevy all make cars with the 3800, and a few with supercharged models.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 41 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 100  Next