It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:19 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 40 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:51 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Powered Assault Commando wrote:
@Napo: How bad is the gore in Fallout 3? Lot's of folks say it's pretty bad. I don't care too much, but I'll be playing on a large TV in a high traffic part of the house, don't want my mom to get too worked up about anything, even though she's generally asleep while I'm playing the 360, I find it best to play the violent content safe rather than sorry. I'll probably still play regardless of answer, I just wanna know if FO has to stick to the Saturday morning and home alone timeslots.

Well it was pretty shocking when a person's head exploded. Or when arm and legs came off, or.... Umm, yeah, might not be the best thing to play in a high traffic area.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:07 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

sentinal133 wrote:
Powered Assault Commando wrote:
@Napo: How bad is the gore in Fallout 3? Lot's of folks say it's pretty bad. I don't care too much, but I'll be playing on a large TV in a high traffic part of the house, don't want my mom to get too worked up about anything, even though she's generally asleep while I'm playing the 360, I find it best to play the violent content safe rather than sorry. I'll probably still play regardless of answer, I just wanna know if FO has to stick to the Saturday morning and home alone timeslots.

Well it was pretty shocking when a person's head exploded. Or when arm and legs came off, or.... Umm, yeah, might not be the best thing to play in a high traffic area.

Agreed. It's pretty high on the blood spray everywhere meter, IMO,

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:07 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

@MC: Welcome back!

@SM: Yeahhhh... I've played both games probably 500 hours each, and there is a LOT of blood. It's pretty cartoony and deliberately sorta dark-funny gore (the devs said that was intended), but I wouldn't suggest playing it in front of kids, though. When you go into VATS mode, it pauses the game and highlights different areas of an enemy's body, usually blowing the everloving crap out of them.

VATS Mode

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... er-SMG.jpg
Result of VATS Mode

http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/ ... 1343156749
Shotgun blast in-game

In other areas to make you feel better, there aren't a whole lot of cuss words (da** and He** are in sometimes, but not many stronger ones), and no actual *birds and bees* (references though) and nudity, so you shouldn't have a problem there. They're a survival horror series, so expect scary stuff, that's pretty much it. The games are also hysterically funny and clever. :D

A LOT of games have a no-gore option (CoD, AC, etc), but Fallout doesn't. I personally love it for the horror aspect and handle mature things well, but I can easily see why some people would find it objectionable. In short, if you wouldn't watch American Psycho or Friday the 13th in front of your Mom/Dad, don't play the game in front of them. :9

EDIT: If you just are craving to play a Bethesda game while you're with your family, there's always Skyrim. Not much blood, no dismemberment, and literally NO cussing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:30 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ro ... _musicians

Lol, Art Adams -the comic writer- is first on Wikipedia's list of Rockabilly musicians. |D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:50 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

The new Bf stuff is awesome!
The duel dart gun is a brilliant use of the test tubes. :o)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:16 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Napoleon wrote:
EDIT: If you just are craving to play a Bethesda game while you're with your family, there's always Skyrim. Not much blood, no dismemberment, and literally NO cussing.

No dismemberment he says, there's a perk specifically for it! If I recall correctly, there's a perk on two of the skill trees. Of course, it's not nearly as bad as Fallout. Oh, and it depends on you classify as gore, there's plenty of charred and or eaten corpses and similarly charred and or eaten bits and pieces of corpses littered about. There's also the one I've heard of in the Dark Brotherhood quest that's still alive, but I've never played that quest in person. But for the most part, Skyrim isn't all that bad.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:35 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Today was supposed to be the beginning of my "on the up swing". It marks the anniversary of my first date with my wife, St. Patty's Day in 2 days (great holiday even for Straight Edgers like me), Spring is about to start, 1 week before my birthday, close to Easter ( my fav holiday)........planned on finally making some BL orders, BF order, and maybe a few other 3rd party vendor orders........ but when I got up and checked my e-mail first thing.....I got the news. Come July 1st I will no longer have my day job.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:38 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

sentinal133 wrote:
Napoleon wrote:

No dismemberment he says, there's a perk specifically for it! If I recall correctly, there's a perk on two of the skill trees. Of course, it's not nearly as bad as Fallout. Oh, and it depends on you classify as gore, there's plenty of charred and or eaten corpses and similarly charred and or eaten bits and pieces of corpses littered about. There's also the one I've heard of in the Dark Brotherhood quest that's still alive, but I've never played that quest in person. But for the most part, Skyrim isn't all that bad.

If you want to play a bethesda game, go with skyrim. Skyrim > Fallout 3 in just about every aspect.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:08 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I tend not to compare the new Fallout games to TES. Two entirely separate experiences to me. I'd go with Fallout 3. Of course I'm biased because that's my favorite game of all time. The choice really boils down to what kind of setting you want. Apocalyptic neo-50's with extreme violence or a fairly believable fantasy world. Both are fantastic games. Oh. It also depends on how much you like making moral decisions. Skyrim is almost entirely devoid of meaningful decisions or than the Civil War quest line, which doesn't really have any in game repercussions other than changing city guards. Th main story is also short and uninteresting with no reward. With Fallout 3 you have to have the Broken Steel add on or else you can't continue playing on after you beat the main story. So basically Fallout 3 gives and engaging, fleshed out main story as well as a large interesting world to explore, but character interaction sparse due to the setting. Skyrim has an even better world to explore, but the main quest isn't very good. You'll have to rely on side quests. There are a ton of excellent side quests in Skyrim. I didn't mean to go this in depth... Whoops. I digress. I have to go get my di-uh-beetus in a cup.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:15 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

@Sent: D'oh! Holy crap, I forgot! Yes, there is that one perk, but it is entirely optional if I remember correctly. Overall I'd say Skyrim is very PG-13. Definitely not R. If your parents don't mind LotR, I'd doubt they'd mind Skyrim.

@CB: I'm with Mac; they just can't be compared. It's like comparing Star Wars with Lord of the Rings. Apples and Oranges. I'm really divided, but I think I'd like Fallout 3 better without hesitation if it didn't glitch up. :\ Mac is right, Skyrim was just a little bland in the story department. Fallout is extremely cinematic and suspenseful, to me at least.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 40 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 100  Next