It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:47 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 39 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:52 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Napoleon wrote:
I hope Wii U isn't anything like Wii 1. :9 I like anything with the best graphics, and they're saying PS4 will be slightly better than Xbox 720. Wii U's graphics look okay, much better than Wii 1, but it's still just not as impressive as either. I go totally OCD with details and beautiful hugeness (SKYRIM), so PS4 for me. :D

As SV has said before.. Graphics aren't everything.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:59 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Biohazard wrote:

That's what I was trying to say with the Borderlands thing. Maybe not exactly because I can't watch the video with audio right now, but graphics vs. art style is what I was getting at. Also good gameplay elements.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:00 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Biohazard wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
I hope Wii U isn't anything like Wii 1. :9 I like anything with the best graphics, and they're saying PS4 will be slightly better than Xbox 720. Wii U's graphics look okay, much better than Wii 1, but it's still just not as impressive as either. I go totally OCD with details and beautiful hugeness (SKYRIM), so PS4 for me. :D

I should have made it clear that I also like (and only really play) games with good stories. I refuse to play CoD or most FPSs anymore. I won't do it. All my favorite games heavily rely on story.

But I won't play current-gen games with graphics that suck like Wii U. :9 If a game/console doesn't have good/nicely styled graphics these days, then they probably didn't try hard enough. Exceptions can be made for low-budget/indie games of course, but even then, they should try to make it pretty. I played some indie PS3 game once that was called, like, Rocket Chicken, or something. It's a Rambo parody where you brutally take down Soviet Penguins in a bloodbath side-scroll. That game was BEAUTIFUL.

My Favorite games (no particular order):

Assassin's Creed Series
Sly Cooper Series
Far Cry 3
Elder Scrolls
Fallout
Batman Series
Mass Effect 3
Empire Total War
Ratchet Series

Only... ?one? is a FPS (Far Cry). And that's open world. :D Bioshock will be on the list soon, but it's hardly a CoD noobhackfest. I play sports games of course, but I treat them differently than regular fiction games.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:29 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Napoleon wrote:
But I won't play current-gen games with graphics that suck like Wii U. :9 If a game/console doesn't have good/nicely styled graphics these days, then they probably didn't try hard enough.

Many, many game on the Wii looked amazing. I'll be honest, I had a much more harsh response, but it's Brickforge and I like you too much for tearing your head off.

Any ways, now that that's out of the way,

I just had a realization, Halo isn't my favorite game. I'm not a fan of Halo, I'm a fan of video games, and Halo isn't my favorite. Mind=blown! It's primarily because of the way the multiplayer works, I just don't like it. I prefer class-based gameplay like SWBF, where you have dedicated classes. I think it would work nicely with a bit of customization in the loadouts, but dedicated classes are something I like. If I recall, there was a SWBF for the PSP that had some kind of customization, but I never played it. Also, PSP, a neat idea in my opinion, not well supported because of the goofy discs though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:33 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

On the Wii or Wii U? Wii U is indeed much better than Wii, but I've seen non-kid/family gamers universally criticize Wii's graphics and design. It was a fun console, but for me it lost its novelty after a while.

Thanks! I like you too. ;9 And yeah, I'm just on here chilling and shooting the crap mindlessly debating things. Never take me seriously. :9

I'm quite a bit like you; I always say that AC is my favorite, but frankly I'm divided. FO, AC, Skyrim, etc, are all amazing. I've always wanted to play Halo, but I only had my brother's original Xbox once before he sold it, and he never played Halo. :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:42 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I've had a very meh day.
I want it to be tomorrow so I can get my package.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:45 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Which package? Something I missed?

Also, I'm with ya, bro. I've had a lot of sucky days lately.

Biohazard wrote:
If you can play MP4's, give this a quick watch. I'm not allowed to post it directly to the internet, just share with friends :9
We got bored at RSP drill yesterday morning. And we got permission from our Drill Sergeant to do this.

You are awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:17 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

This is classic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:26 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Hey all!
I've been without internet for 4 days ... nice to be home.
Also, I'll be on here more in the afternoons - in about a week. My hours will change on 3/25. Woot, mixed blessings indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:34 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Good to have you back MC! :)

@Napo: How bad is the gore in Fallout 3? Lot's of folks say it's pretty bad. I don't care too much, but I'll be playing on a large TV in a high traffic part of the house, don't want my mom to get too worked up about anything, even though she's generally asleep while I'm playing the 360, I find it best to play the violent content safe rather than sorry. I'll probably still play regardless of answer, I just wanna know if FO has to stick to the Saturday morning and home alone timeslots.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 39 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 100  Next