Change font size
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:48 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 38 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:21 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Good, my brother! Playing Fallout 3 GOTY is like joining a cult. Expect to spend weeks by yourself with abominable headaches. :D I still have to get FO NV GOTY.

I read Wii U might not last, actually. It's selling horribly, and since they got rid of most of the physical activity, it just isn't appealing to families. I'd expect Wii U to maybe sell games into 2014. By 2015, I'd say Nintendo will have stopped supporting it. I'd say PS4/720 would be a better investment; you could always sell it once Wii 2 comes out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:26 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Probably, but to me if the U gets a decent Fire Emblem and Zelda I'll be good. Maybe It'd be better to just hold off this gen, Halo's going downhill, prior gen games will be dirt cheap and still fun, I probably oughtta replace my handheld first anyway, ect.

As to Fallout, goodbye, social life, it was fun :9 .

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:31 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Powered Assault Commando wrote:
Probably, but to me if the U gets a decent Fire Emblem and Zelda I'll be good. Maybe It'd be better to just hold off this gen, Halo's going downhill, prior gen games will be dirt cheap and still fun, I probably oughtta replace my handheld first anyway, ect.

As to Fallout, goodbye, social life, it was fun :9 .

I know! I can't wait till PS3 games start selling for PS2 prices. I'll definitely play them. I'm still fond of cracking out the ol' PS2 to play some favorites. I never have gotten rid of games or consoles.

Important tip: turn OFF autosave in FO. It'll run way smoother for a longer amount of time if you do that. Just remember to save often. It WILL glitch/overheat eventually, but I read that tip online, and it worked. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:45 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I find consoles are like a good book that way, you can always go back and re-read your favorite stories.

Thanks for the tip, I'l have to try that. Sorry about the slightly belayed response, dinner is not to be infringed upon.

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:52 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I find consoles are like a good book that way, you can always go back and re-read your favorite stories.

Thanks for the tip, I'l have to try that. Sorry about the slightly belayed response, dinner is not to be infringed upon.

That's one reason why I hate the idea of phasing out discs and physical game mediums like they've talked about. If the internet is broken or something, they're gone forever. If you know what I mean. Plus, I like the rewarding feeling of getting something physical.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:53 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Plus you can hand that down for others to enjoy, or lend it. You don't own digital content, you're paying for a lifetime loan, basically.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:02 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Plus you can hand that down for others to enjoy, or lend it. You don't own digital content, you're paying for a lifetime loan, basically.

Precisely! I want my kids to play Skyrim some day. And Fallout, and Bioshock. It'd be soooo epic teaching my kids how games used to be before the virtual reality simulator helmets made by RobCo in 2025. ;9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:03 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Wow, titles sold on graphics alone and gobbled up now will be scoffed at like retro gamers in about ten years, weird.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:12 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Wow, titles sold on graphics alone and gobbled up now will be scoffed at like retro gamers in about ten years, weird.

Back in the day, GoldenEye was considered "AMAZING."

|D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:15 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I actually think the original Wii had a lot of potential for shooters, but it was never really used because of how much Nintendo marketed it as a family console and such. I mean, who doesn't have at the light gun arcade machines? Yes, most of them were rail shooters, but that's why the Wii would've been nice since it has a control stick. I also think I've been influenced heavily by games like SWBF, Lost, Planet 2, and Borderlands. They really prove, to me at least, that you really don't need to have story or graphics to have a fun game. Of course I guess Borderlands doesn't have bad or even unimpressive graphics, just a different style. And I think SWBF had good graphics when it was released, but not anymore.

As to mediums of video, I want to see carts come back. I mean we can fit crazy amounts of data onto cheap flash drives.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 38 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 100  Next