Change font size
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:35 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 26 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:28 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Bleh, school induced coma. So many projects and papers and blah blah dah.

I tend to buy more used or standard edition games, but if it's something that one is really pumped up about a special edition can be nice. Of course I don't buy a lot of games in the first place.

@Halo: So, is it just me, or is anybody else not a fan of the way they handled multiplayer in Halo 4? The customized loadouts, weapon drops, the killstreaks, and not having a lot of guns on the maps just don't feel very Haloesque to me. But, I really suck at Halo, just play for the story mostly, usually on heroic. I can pwn my little brother in 1v1 mp, but I get slaughtered on free gold weekends.

Woo! There's a new Skillet album coming out in May!

macleodman2 wrote:
It's raining and destroying my internet connection. It's also extremely loud. I hate everything. EVERYTHING! Oh. Now here comes the thunder and lightning. Almost as if the Earth heard me say that I hated it. I hate you Earth. I hate you soooooooooo much. I don't know why, but after about 10:30 I get really angry. Just angry at nothing and everything, and that angers me. What happened to the thunder and lightning huh! Did you chicken out! Stupid clouds. Did you know that lightning temporarily heats the air around it to the temperature of the Sun's surface? It instantly becomes ionized gas a.k.a. plasma. The Sun's corona is 1,000,000 degrees Fahrenheit, but the actual surface of the Sun only clocks in at 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
I happen to enjoy the rain, it's a beautiful orchestra to my ears. I do have to admit it is annoying when your internet gets messed up.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:00 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@SMarine: I don't play the multiplayer for that reason and for the fact that my internet creates such lag right now that I'm dead before I see the other guy. That's why I like the MEffect mutliplayer, its basically firefight, of course cant play that right now for the same internet reasons.
My son Wes has the same complaints about Halo 4. It doesn't feel like Halo ... Just a copy of.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:16 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I haven't played the Halo 4 multiplayer, but I don't have much of a problem with customized loadouts in Spartan Ops. And to be fair it is 343i's first whole game. I would rant about the Prometheans, but I'm just too tired.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:01 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I don't bother with live gold, because the net out here isn't that great, but I've spent a good deal of time online at a friend's house

@S133: The custom loadouts in spartan ops aren't a big deal, it's more in game types like slayer where it can be an issue. I mean, starting with your perfect setup, not racing around the map for that one weapon, it just doesn't feel Halo and it gives people who have been playing longer a tangible, non-skill based edge.

Edit: Anyone here know if Halo: Legends is any good?

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:14 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Deleted nearly 100 photos from my Flickr today, deleted my 1st on most often visited Lego forum from my bookmarks, and opened my BL store. Yea, it's been that kind of week. X|

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:53 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I like the load outs. Part of the problem in Reach was different game types would give you different starting weapons. So what if I don't want a DMR on this map but I do on this other one over here? Just because they're both slayer x doesn't mean the same gun works for the same maps. I like being able to pick what weapon I want to start with.
Also, in spartan ops I always find I start with the BR for the head shots then you just get swarmed with enemies, so I end up ending with the AR. I love my AR <3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:23 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

UltimatBlitz wrote:
Also, in spartan ops I always find I start with the BR for the head shots then you just get swarmed with enemies, so I end up ending with the AR. I love my AR <3

The AR is one of the best weapons in Halo, I rather liked how in Reach it could be used as a mid-range weapon if you used burst fire. In Ops I start with the DMR for head shots, and keep a lot of ground between me and the enemies. Although I do play on easy because there seemed to be a pretty large difficulty spike. I blame the prometheans, especially the watchers, those guys just suck. I absolutely hate how they can raise crawlers and resurrect the knights. I know, it's supposed to add another level of strategy, but it's just not fun running around looking for this one flying guy and then having to shoot him while I'm being mobbed by the little freaks. Not to mention there's next to no way to get cover enough to recharge my shields, and I have the fast recharge thing too.
Powered Assault Commando wrote:
Edit: Anyone here know if Halo: Legends is any good?

It's just a few little bits of animation from the Halo series. If I recall right it was done by Japanese and was basically just an art style experiment. It's pretty neat.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:55 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

QBlade: woot!

Speaking of load outs: I'm liking the new color of weapons BF is supplying ... if only I had some extra cash right now ...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

sentinal133 wrote:
UltimatBlitz wrote:

The AR is one of the best weapons in Halo, I rather liked how in Reach it could be used as a mid-range weapon if you used burst fire. In Ops I start with the DMR for head shots, and keep a lot of ground between me and the enemies. Although I do play on easy because there seemed to be a pretty large difficulty spike. I blame the prometheans, especially the watchers, those guys just suck. I absolutely hate how they can raise crawlers and resurrect the knights. I know, it's supposed to add another level of strategy, but it's just not fun running around looking for this one flying guy and then having to shoot him while I'm being mobbed by the little freaks. Not to mention there's next to no way to get cover enough to recharge my shields, and I have the fast recharge thing too.

You have infinite respawns in spartan ops, at least play it on normal. The strategy is: KILL THE WATCHERS. Even if it gets you killed, the watchers MUST die. And that is my personal vendetta every time I step into ops. The watchers are my nemesii, and they will all be broken with that wonderful metallic twang of a death cry.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:19 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

UltimatBlitz wrote:
The watchers are my nemesii, and they will all be broken with that wonderful metallic twang of a death cry.
This. A thousand times this.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 26 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 100  Next