Change font size
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:27 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 24 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:19 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

This seems more active than even the end of the last MT. That thing dragged on forever.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:25 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Thats a good point. We've burned through three pages at this point. Sadly, it seems like it's coming to a close.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Hmm.. Is AC3 worth the $40-50? I'm bored and I'm thinking of either getting that or FC3. But then again it's quite a bit of money for me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:32 pm 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

Don't know... a friend got AC3 and seems to be enjoying it, and it looks pretty cool. Then again, that's a lot of money for me as well so I'm at least leaving it out for now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:41 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

The AC fanboy in me wants to scream "YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES!" but in all honesty it depends on how obsessive you are and how you feel about certain aspects of the game. The game play is more or less the same as the others, though the controls are a bit different. Part of the fun, for me anyway, was the Fronteir and just how large it was. The hunting was pretty fun too. Really, if you weren't someone who felt a need to pre-order or get it in the first week it was out, I can see why you might wait for it to come down in price more. At the same time, if you really are that bored, I think I have a fairly insane amount of hours wrapped up into that game so it can definitely help there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:42 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
The AC fanboy in me wants to scream "YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES!" but in all honesty it depends on how obsessive you are and how you feel about certain aspects of the game. The game play is more or less the same as the others, though the controls are a bit different. Part of the fun, for me anyway, was the Fronteir and just how large it was. The hunting was pretty fun too. Really, if you weren't someone who felt a need to pre-order or get it in the first week it was out, I can see why you might wait for it to come down in price more. At the same time, if you really are that bored, I think I have a fairly insane amount of hours wrapped up into that game so it can definitely help there.

Hmm. I think I'm gonna go get it. I have drill in a couple weeks anyway so I can live with the price.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:47 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Sounds like a plan. It's fun, and like I said you can easily spend a good chunk of time doing all sorts of things that are in no way associated with the main storyline alone. Plus, there's something awesome about being able to run around a city with a tomahawk and a bow and arrows and picking fights with soldiers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:11 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Personally I think 2 was the best. I haven't finished 3 at all. It's just somewhat boring now. I loved the free running in the last games, but colonial america doesn't really work well with free running. Houses are odd heights with slanted roofs and chimneys, buildings are oddly right up against each other or too far apart to jump between. The tree running is fun, but some areas that seem like they'd be perfect paths aren't actually paths and you just fall to the ground. I'd say the two best parts of the games so far for me where running up behind a pack of grizzlies and slaughtering them all with just my hidden blades and when I had to destroy the 2 British ships for the colonials to retreat. I kept trying to get 100% sync by not being seen, but even when I did exactly what the guild book told me another red coat seemed to pop out of nowhere and see me, so I was like "F*CK THIS!!" and covered the decks in blood.
Oh, and of course the biggest annoyance would probably be that I had completely mastered the combat system from 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations, but then they changed it up in 3. Idk. They do things to "up the difficulty" so it doesn't get boring, but at the same time...that just kinda makes it annoying. Like adding the Jenasaries or whatever they were in Revelations that couldn't be counter killed, and they'd counter you if you attacked. It just takes away the badass feeling of being an assassin and slows the game down too much.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:16 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I haven't even gotten a quarter of the way through the 1st game, though I have played Revelations and it's a lot better.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:24 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

:o)

So ... I've decided that its easier to spend the 'block of time' it takes to type up code, rather than the 'hours' it takes to figure out how to 'do what I want' with a prefab program ... grrrrrr ...

Halo: mainly the Ops and campaign ... preferably with people I know ... if my internet is giving a half-wit signal.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 24 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 100  Next