With LEGO doing both DC and Marvel superheroes, I decided that the one hero I want to represent my Lego(-land) Town... is Megaman (Rockman).
Though some people are skilled with painting boots, I don't plan on reaching that level of detail. The Megaman figure I currently threw together has his helmet, hands, and waist in one color (currently Dark Blue), and his torso, arms , and legs in the lighter color (currently Medium Blue). All I want is his helmet and an Arm Cannon that can slide onto/into his wrist socket like a "hand".Here's an image of his helmet for reference.
Note the Exclamation Point ("!") style ridge on his helmet as well as the earpieces. His arm cannon/Mega Buster
is known to have an indented energy bar (the number of segments on the bar varies from illustration-to-illustration). The arm cannon should terminate with a hollow stud. This way, a 1x1 cone could be swapped out with either BrickForge's Pulse Ray, or a Lego flame element.
As for the colors I want these pieces in, I'd prefer his default ("P") colors be Dark Azure (the color of the A.D.U. guys from the Alien Invasion series) with blue helmet and arm cannon. I tried to limit myself, but found 10 Lego colors I'd like these pieces in (and make no mistake, I'd want a pair in each color):
- Dark Blue
- Red (the right color for Magnet Missiles and Atomic Fire)
- Green (perfect for the Woodman's Leaf Shield, Rain Flush, and Bombman's Bomb.)
- Orange (who didn't like the Pharaoh Shot and Crash Bombs?)
- Magenta (because Quick Boomerang in pink is just plain wrong! Also good for Gravity Hold)
- Dark Gray (dull? yes, but the weapons that won most of the NES games -- Elec Beam, Bubble Lead, Dust Cruncher -- were this color.)
- Dark Purple(both versions of the Time Stopper use this color, as does Noise Crush.)
- Dark Azure (for my favorite, the Gemini Laser! and also the Skull Shield)
- Brown or Reddish Brown (though regular Brown would best suit the Metal Blade, the reddish tint looks great on Guts Power.)
indicates which colors I'd want most.
These 2 elements would be best left unpainted (so that customers can decide which 2-color weapon color works best for them.
If I had to ask for more, I'd want a Magnet Missile in red, a Hard Knuckle (read: big boxing glove) in dark blue, and a boomerang in yellow (and that bright light yellow).
Let me know what y'all think.