Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Come in Meaningless Thread 51, Your Time is Up
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:50 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

khopesh97 wrote:
2 hours? That's a bad Internet connection for you. :p
Is it AT&T?

It's a local broadband, since I can't get anything better or that will allow brief moments of gaming. It's great when it works right ... once a month or so ...

@Machetero: the trans color pieces are amazing indeed!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:23 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Know what bothers me? When someone says being in the Army isn't a 'real' job.
Rant incoming.
[rant]
Granted, I only drill once a month for the time being, I fail to see the logic of that statement.
I am part of a uniformed military. I got into a career path that only .92% of Americans have joined since 2001. I am payed by the government. I am contracted into this career for 8 years. I get benefits. I have to put up with stupid people. I show up for work just like a civilian would. I had to work my *** off for 10 weeks to get in. I have another 10 weeks of Engineer training coming. With that training I can get a pretty nice 'real' job and make decent bank. I am expected to show up on time, if not early, just like every other job. I have a chain of command just like a 'real' job, if not more intensive. My uniform must be in order or I get chewed out, and rightfully so, because we take pride in our uniforms. I am physically fit. I live my life and perform my duties according to a creed and a set of ethos. I earned my right to wear my black beret. I pushed my body farther than any mcdonalds application is gonna ask for. Yeah, I like to be lazy and spend my free time hanging out with my friends and play video games into the dark hours of the night, but when I go to work, I am probably one of the least lazy people you'll meet. I do what I'm told to do and I do it efficiently. Just because I work less hours doesn't make it any less of a 'real' job. Besides I make as much in those 2 days as you (The antagonist of this rant) would make in a week.
Let's not even go into if I got deployed after AIT. Because, you know, being deployed overseas isn't a 'real' job either. I wouldn't be 'working' every single day or anything.
So tell me, why the hell do you think you can tell me the army isn't a 'real' job when you failed an application for freaking kmart? Cause I temporarily work a few days a month? Let me know the next time you get smoked for 20 minutes at your job because your buddy stepped outside without having a hat on.
Pisses me off. And I'm only a Private. I'm not belittling anyones job, by the way. I'm not saying I'm 'better' than you. Just saying that I take pride in what I do and don't like when people take it like a joke and say its not a 'real job'.
[/rant].

Oh, and for the record, this had nothing to do with what I was annoyed with earlier. Totally seperate. But that still annoys me as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:33 am 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

@Internet connections: I know the feeling, MC. At a point when my Skyrim magically turned to 0% installed, I simply had to put up with leaving it be until next time I visited a friend with a proper connection. Heck, downloading LoL took about 1-2 whole days of everybody in the house doing barely anything on the internet. Only to be greeted by some dumb graphics error rendering stuff more or less unplayable. In both games. Rant over.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:37 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@internet: I had to leave my lappy on all night, just to get the 1st act of the game downloaded.
I've actually had to sleep on my couch while downloading the Skyrim and MassEffect DLCs; I'd hear the xbx shut off - wake up, restart - catnap more - repeat.
When we first got this service it was amazing ... now it only has moments of superness ... I'd change if I had a real alternative. I haven't 'played' anything online since about a month after Halo4 came out. Oh well.

This 3 day weekend will consist of me getting my home back into 'little people' proofness and sprucing it up for family. My son from Alaska is arriving in Cali this evening and then will drive up to us on Tues. I'm So EXCITED!!!!! We haven't seen them in 2 to 2-1/2 years.

I also need time to get some pics of my BF Galaxy items for this month's challenge ... hoping to do that Monday.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:58 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I got bored so I engraved a triforce emblem into my katana scabbard.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:31 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
@ internet - Well, my internet is doing the exact same thing it did exactly 1 month ago. It cuts out all the time and we have to reset the router which sometimes doesn't come back on. Our phone cuts out too, so we know it's the exact same problem. Drives me insane.

@ Bio - The "not a real job" comment is just one you throw in the garbage with the rest of the stupidity that happens. There are people that don't have to spend one minute in boot camp to be able to understand and appreciate the work that goes into being a part of the US Armed Forces.

@ Machetero - Trans-medium blue band wagon!?! I'm not on it, I'm driving it ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:11 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

:o)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:43 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I have a lot of thinking to do in the next few days.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:52 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Biohazard wrote:

May you think 'clearly' and 'wisely'.

-rant warning-
So, I went ahead and bought Diablo3, got it downloaded, and have since really found out how bad my beloved internet is ... no joke, 6 rounds of the same quest - almost finished - and my internet drops like a cold rock - and then restart the same said mission AGAIN. I've done that with two main missions now ... grrrrrrrrr
It makes me not want to buy the ElderScrolls Online when it's released, I'll just know that I can't get too serious about the games I guys; just like with my online Halo and ME. grrrrrr
I just wish these guys would've done a quality job with their network sets. So stinkin frustrating...
-done-

I'm also working on a multi-Gallery site that I'm hoping will be ready to launch, about when my job goes part-time, beginning of Aprilsih. It will feature my lego art, other artwork, and my husbands photography.

Positive flipside, I'll be able to be on here a bit more, and get some serious work done on my tablet.
Speaking of: I've posted an update to my Spartantest subject.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:14 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Well that was a totally ****ty way to start my morning.

minfigCharmed wrote:
Biohazard wrote:

May you think 'clearly' and 'wisely'.

Didn't even need to I guess.
Broke up again and this time for good. Oh well, can't be too bad or depressed about it. wasn't working out and there's nothing more I could do. Guess I'll go back into being in a relationship with my xbox, who is always here for me ;)

@MC's rant: I know the feeling of dropped games. I was playing Forza 4, doing a 50 lap race so I could make some money, and as I crossed the finish line on the 50th lap my xbox froze.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 92 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 100  Next