Change font size
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 70 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Come in Meaningless Thread 51, Your Time is Up
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:28 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Wow. That just reminded me of that one scene in Southland Tales. Male Car + Female Car + Inappropriate = I'm not going to tell you.

Terrible terrible things are going to happen on the 20th of May next year. I'm going to my future brother-in-law's Bachelor Party. Oh boy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:15 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

@ Bio: Of that large list of heard of Red and Disciple, and they're pretty good. It's nice when they pop up on my Demon Hunter radio on Pandora. I'll have to look into the others.
And remember, great things can be done with a wooden sword or ever a sling and a stone. Push on, and look at what J. Dillinger did with a wooden pistol, the story's a good chuckle, if nothing else:
Quote:
The police boasted to area newspapers that the Crown Point jail was escape-proof and posted extra guards to make sure. What happened on the day of Dillinger's escape is still up to some debate. Deputy Ernest Blunk claimed that Dillinger had escaped using a real pistol, but FBI files make clear that Dillinger carved a fake pistol from a piece of wood. How he acquired such a thing is still subject of controversy. Sam Cahoon, the janitor that Dillinger first took hostage in the jail, believed that Dillinger had carved the gun with a razor and some shelving in his cell. However, according to an unpublished interview with Dillinger's attorney, Louis Piquett and his investigator, Art O'Leary, it was later revealed that O'Leary claimed to have snuck the gun in himself. As there has been very little evidence to corroborate any one story, it seems that the truth may never fully be revealed. What is known is that Dillinger's wooden pistol was modeled after a Colt .38. He tricked a guard into opening his cell, took seventeen men hostage, used Deputy Blunk to lure the guards back to the cell block one at a time, locked them in his cell, and fled with another inmate, Herbert Youngblood. Before leaving, Dillinger ran the wooden pistol along the bars of the cell in which the people were held and cracked that he had broken their escape proof jail with nothing but a wooden gun. Dillinger stole Sheriff Lillian Holley's new Ford car, embarrassing her and the town, and traveled to Chicago.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:34 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Powered Assault Commando wrote:
@ Bio: Of that large list of heard of Red and Disciple, and they're pretty good. It's nice when they pop up on my Demon Hunter radio on Pandora.

How 'hard' of music do you like? I see you like Demon Hunter.. What about August Burns Red or Wolves at the Gate?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:35 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Biohazard wrote:
Powered Assault Commando wrote:
@ Bio: Of that large list of heard of Red and Disciple, and they're pretty good. It's nice when they pop up on my Demon Hunter radio on Pandora.

How 'hard' of music do you like? I see you like Demon Hunter.. What about August Burns Red or Wolves at the Gate?

As long as at least 1/4 or so of a song's vocals are of the non screaming variety, it's all good. A few completely 'scream-o' type songs can be okay every now and then so anywhere from 3.5ish to 10 on the Moh's scale of musical hardness is good. Like 'Lucy-ish hardness to stuff like Five Finger Death Punch and Iron Maiden.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:17 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I hope everyone has a better Christmas than me, mine's turning out to be fucking horrible already.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:14 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Sorry to hear that buddy. If it makes you feel any better, I'm at work until 6a.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:53 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Quote:
Sorry to hear that buddy. If it makes you feel any better, I'm at work until 6a

That sucks. I worked until 5:30 last night and got the heck beat out of my hands and back.

Quote:
I hope everyone has a better Christmas than me, mine's turning out to be fucking horrible already.

I'm sorta with ya there dude. Just got back from my families about an hour ago, and it was pretty disastrous. And "yikes" on the language.

I did manage to skip out on going to my sister-in-laws. Spent the time worried my wife had tried to wake me up and I said something wrong, and finishing my secret project. I need to do one more little thing, then photo time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:12 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Quickblade wrote:
Quote:
Sorry to hear that buddy. If it makes you feel any better, I'm at work until 6a

That sucks. I worked until 5:30 last night and got the heck beat out of my hands and back.
I worked last night until 6a, back in tonight from 10p-6a. It kind of sucks but it's an easy work day with no one here, and I spent the day before work just hanging out with the girlfriend. Plus, I should be getting time and a half for at least 6 hours tonight, hopefully for both nights, so I can deal with it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:10 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Me and Tard here share the same enthusiasm over christmas this year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:19 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Wow, I've heard that Dillinger story before, SM. I dare you to find a piece of worthless info I'm not acquainted with. And yes, I've read every page on Snopes.

No really, I have. :9

@CB: Sorry, bud. I must say, your cat is quite adorable, though. ;)

So, I've gotta go pick up mounds of trash our 'tards dropped by our dumpsters. Seriously, this is a middle-upper class neighborhood, and they can't even put trash inside a lousy dumpster. Srsly. There's probably thousands of pounds of crap laying like leaves, including busted bags of food. Fortunately, several times in the past totally random guys and gals have come out and helped me pick the stuff up simply because it was the nice thing to do, even if it took them 20-30 minutes. So at least not everyone is a jerk. :)

For Thanksgiving, there was a whole rotting turkey. Lord only knows what's out there now? Live geese? |D

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 70 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 100  Next