Change font size
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:25 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Brickforge Galaxies Challenge 5 - All Parts
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:04 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Free Build: {takes place before December challenge}

Walking into Cid’s is always an assault on the senses. Regardless of the time, there are always a number of questionable “patrons” talking about and doing any number of things, you’re never really sure who or what you are going to see or hear. Then there is the smell... I say it’s a mix of swamp foot and the hind end of a monyit*. Oh, and stale keras+. I don’t care what Lok says, there is no getting used to the smell of that place.

No sooner had we walked in then Cid started yelling from behind the bar. “Oi! No! Out with the lot of ya! You’re no’ allowed in ‘ere any more! Last time ‘e was in ‘ere someone got theyselves put through the front window. Now don’t go lookin’ at me like that, Kaal. I’m not one to make accusations like at Hunters. I’m just saying it’s an awful coincidence and I got roights to not allow certain people in my establishment. Further, after that mess the bloody caab’kuleetum# were in ‘ere at least once a day. When they was done, it was the Keepers buggering about. I can’t ‘ave that, is bad for business, yeah?”

I could see Lok was getting ready to pull Cid over the bar by his lips and put him through his own window. As amusing as it would have been to see, I figured I should step in before it got to that. The whole bar seemed to be watching us while trying very hard to look like there weren’t. “Look, Cid, I see your point, and I feel for you, I do. We’ll have to discuss at a later time this business of our banishment from this fine establishment of yours. Sadly, right now we’re here on official business and we either need some answers from you or for you to close up shop and come with us.”

At the word “official” a few patrons started making their way to the door. I’m pretty sure they hadn’t paid their tab yet.

“You lot can’t be throwing around terms like ‘official’ and just expect me to comply! If this was roight truly ‘official’ you’d ‘ave more of a team than just you. Or at the least a Capo.” As if on cue, The highest ranking member of Dreks Squad walked into Cid’s followed by two Kreth^.

The Kreth stayed standing on either side of the doorway, but “the Capo” made his way over to the bar and Cid. I stepped aside to give him room and nearly tripped on one of the Girls from next door to Cid’s.

“Cid... Easy way or hard way?”
“...oh..bollocks...”
“Sorry Cid, I didn’t quite catch that. Was that ‘hard way’?”
“WHAT!? No! No! Easy way! Easy way!” Cid addressed the few remaining patrons of the bar, “Roight you gits! Out with ya! We’re closed for the rest of the day at the least”

As the patrons found their way out of Cid’s, I noticed the Girl from next door wasn’t in any rush to head out, or leave my side. Sadly, I wasn’t the only one who noticed as over the communicator I heard from Lok “Looks like you have an admirer. Try not to break her heart.” That was followed by a bit of chuckling from the Kreth at the door.

I turned to her and stared in her eyes. “Look, it’s flattering and all but I’m not interested. You need to get out. Now.” She got the message and hurried to the door.

Once the bar was empty of all but Cid, his workers, and us Hunters the Capo slammed the canister on the counter in front of Cid. “Now Cid, what can you tell us about THIS?”

Cid just stared at the canister for a moment, then looked first to Lok, then to me, before putting his head back on the bar. “...oh...bollocks...

Post subject: Re: Brickforge Galaxies Challenge 5 - All Parts
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:04 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Primary Challenge:

“Kaal, I’m telling you this is a set up. Did you get a look at Cid when he was giving us that information? I thought his two hearts were going to stop right there.”

“I don’t care how scared he was, he’s not that stupid. He values his life and his ability to have his bar over just about anything. He isn’t going to risk that and lie to Hunters, or blatantly set Hunters up for an ambush.”

“We’re Hunters! What we do is inherently dangerous! We go where no one else can or will. We Hunt those who no one else can or is stupid enough to try to go after. He could easily say he didn’t know and no one in the Coalition would question it.”

“The Old Man would question it! He wouldn’t let that three eyed monyit get away with sending us into a trap.”

I took some deep breaths. We finally arrived at a cave entrance. Cid had said we’d be able to find something in a cave. He made it seem like it would be either a stash of green canisters or possibly the smugglers themselves. The Old Man sent the members of Dreks into the mountains and informed us we were not to come back until we found something. “Alright, once more into the breach?”

“Yeah, let’s get this over with. But I want it on record I think this is a trap.”

“Noted.”

As we turned to go into the caves, a horrible smell oozed its way out and smacked us in the face. We both knew that smell. It’s not a good smell. And it meant something very, very horrible.

“Do you smell rotten meat, dirt, and...”

“Ugh...Yes. And I see something coming out. Well, I see shiny eyes anyway.”

“Great. And where there is one seritan*, there are at least two more. What do you want to bet there’s one on the ridge above?”

“And one around the corner coming this way.”

“You may have been right. He may have set us up.”

Last edited by Machetero on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:05 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Secondary Challenge:

….Aweijv oiwefn09 oiwesi woiefj … Encryption disabled...

Roaming the southern mountains and the caves on Ixthula are a species of animal known as Seritan. Large enough to ride, with large powerful jaws and fairly decent vision in the dark, Seritan may be the most dangerous living creature on the planet. Some believe they have venomous fangs while others say the rotten meat and bacteria in their mouths are what cause their bite to be so dangerous. It’s both, though Hunters and other high ranking members of the Coalition are aware of this. It wasn’t easy information to obtain, and all others who have tried haven’t survived.

The Seritan are a pack animal, though on occasion a small group may break off from the pack to live and hunt in a new area. A lone Seritan is a rare thing, though not entirely unheard of. It’s been the experience that these loners are the most dangerous, though it is uncertain if they were abandoned by the pack for their ferocity or had to adapt to living alone on the edges of The Wastes. Whatever the case, if a lone Seritan is encountered the assumption is good that it is not in fact alone, and if it is you are likely in more trouble than if it wasn’t.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:48 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Really cool Machetero. I know I didn't score the Nov Challenge yet, but I will get to all of them once things calm down.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:15 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Thanks Qb! No worries on the scores. This time of year is pretty hectic for most so I figured you'd get to it when you can.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:12 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

These are great!
love the story lines, and especially like the second to last photo of the two peeking in the doorway/hallway, very amusing.
Nice!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]