Change font size
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:21 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 61 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Come in Meaningless Thread 51, Your Time is Up
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:43 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I had more to say but felt that answer was the most succinct while still providing an answer. As for the picture being posted here before, I wouldn't be surprised. It tends to make the rounds when a tragedy like this occurs.
Quickblade wrote:
Good to know about the FB/Flickr info.
Oh? What no good are you and Armothe up to now? :oP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:15 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

@Facebook/Flickr: I'm on Flickr, but I won't touch Facebook with a 50' pole. My wife has a Facebook account though....

@The whole school shooting thing/media (mis)representation about firearms: Guys like that are complete sickos, and as for why nobody was able to stop them, well, in Conn (and a number of other states) all schools and universities are "gun free zones", which, by their la-la liberal reasoning should magically stop would be shooters in their tracks (just ask the folks as VA Tech how well THAT idea works), meaning that unless they have armed security guards (like most schools in PA, where similar "gun free zones" are in effect), all the students and faculty are sitting ducks in the event that some psychopath with no regard for law or human decency decides to go on a rampage.

Of course, the lame-stream media (thank you Stephen Colbert for that apt description of the big news outfits) is going to try putting all the blame on guns and call for more gun control, like their Democratic party overlords want them to, rather than the fact that the laws of the state effectively eliminated any chance of stopping the psycho dead (literally) in his tracks and didn't bother to provide any kind of proper security measures to make up for it.

Anyways, in more positive news, my wife and I just saw the Hobbit, an Unexpected Journey in 3d and it was AWESOME!

I think I may be successfully turning her to the "dark side": She went from making fun of my LEGO collection to actually asking for three of the Hobbit sets (Riddles in the Dark, the Warg Attack and An Unexpected Party) and built them herself! I even said about getting her another Unexpected party for Christmas and helping her use the parts to add on to the original so she can have an entire LEGO Bag End....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:02 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Shootings don't bug me anymore. I expect nothing less from other human beings. Plus there was the Oregon shooting a few days ago so I was expecting a follow up. There's a good chance that there will be one more pretty soon. There's also genocide and other war crimes happening too, but those don't really get any air time do they? The world keeps on turning though.

@Brawndo: Brawndo was the fake Gatorade rip off from Idiocracy. In the future everyone is stupid and they water their crops with Brawndo because "It's got electrolytes! What the plants want!" It was also a real drink for awhile, and all the ads for it were fan made and hilarious.

"It's more dangerous than riding a pony! Which doesn't sound dangerous, except the pony is 300 FEET TALL and COVERED IN CHAINSAWS! And to get to the top you have to ride in an elevator WITH SIX ANGRY COUGARS. Which is a REAL SPORT IN LATIN AMERICA!" *Map with an arrow pointing to Europe*

I would post one of the other quotes but it's actually incredibly messed up considering recent events.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:22 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

@Hikaro: Totally agree with everything you said. The sicko that went off in a Chinese school with a knife sounded like he was gunned down by a security guard.

@Mac: Sadly, I agree with you, too. Why can't people just not act like escaped inmates from Arkham Asylum. X| I also agree about the war crimes stuff; stuff like that should be covered. The Lame-Stream Media (yes, I watch Colbert, too :9 ) needs to show US citizens the world is one big toilet instead of ignoring it because it's "far away."

Back to a lighter note: I heard Anne Hathaway might make a Nolan Catwoman movie (which would be amazing, because Anne Hathaway) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been confirmed to be the new Batman. Justice League movie is coming out 2015. I'm almost hoping Disney acquires DC so they can make a Catwoman and Black Widow movie. :9

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:18 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Nolan is done with Batman. In fact they're rebooting Batman in 2014 because they really really really don't want his Batman in the Justice League Movie. Seriously. They're creating a brand new Batman for that one purpose. Wait. It appears that the reboot has actually been cancelled. Probably because everyone knows that it was a stupid stupid idea. Anyway. I don't think Nolan will do any more Batman related movies anyway. Especially after mediocre reception of TDKR. He should have killed Bruce Wayne for real instead of giving it a stupid happy ending. If he had just died for real I would have enjoyed the movie a lot more. I'm guessing that WB or whichever production company it was wouldn't let him. There were also some other plot holes that were annoying, but the happy ending is what really pissed me off. Still a good movie though, but not nearly as good as TDK because that was just sooooo freaking amazing. Wish Heath Ledger hadn't died. Oh yeah. Look up "Honest Trailers - The Dark Knight Rises" on YouTube. It's hilarious and points out the biggest and worst plot holes.

Shouldn't have had a 16 oz double shot espresso at 12:00 at night.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:46 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Nolan's making the new Superman movie, and I think I heard it's the first in the Justice League series, think Thor from the Avengers series. Each one leads to the collective movie. :D I'm pretty sure Levitt has been officially confirmed as the new Batman for Justice League. Even if it's not a direct sequel to Dark Knight trilogy, there's no way they'll get around referencing it. Everyone knows Wonder Woman is getting a movie, and I think I heard Flash is, too.

I really enjoyed DKR. In fact, I didn't like Bane as much as Joker (though I did like what Bane was being used to represent, like anarchists, communists, and predators on public opinion), but Anne Hathaway was soooo amazing as Catwoman I think it squared it off between the two, and Levitt/Robin was pretty great, too. I'll give DKR 5 stars. I'll give DK 4 3/4. Maybe both 5. I'm willing to overlook the errors since they obviously tried their best, it's just impossible for the next villain to be as good as Ledger/Joker, since Joker is the Batman villain, and everyone knows it. I wish Bane had had more of his traditional Luchador style, but oh well. If Dark Knight had had Hathaway, then it would have been the. Most. Amazing. Thing. Evar.

EDIT: Yep! Flash movie is in pre-production! :D I'm just glad I haven't seen anything about an Aquaman movie. He's the lamest hero ever. :9

EDIT: NO!

http://screenrant.com/aquaman-movie-pauly-89793/

Lord help us all. Why, God, WHY? ;9

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:08 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Napoleon wrote:
EDIT: Yep! Flash movie is in pre-production! :D I'm just glad I haven't seen anything about an Aquaman movie. He's the lamest hero ever. :9

EDIT: NO!

http://screenrant.com/aquaman-movie-pauly-89793/

Lord help us all. Why, God, WHY? ;9

This looks like a job for AQUAMAN!! (sorry I couldn't resist!)

@Mac: I kinda agree with your points on Human nature, which is one of the reason's I'm a HUGE supporter of the 2nd amendment (I believe in being prepared: In GOD I trust, all others have to pay cash as it were).... And I really wish that other, major and real problems would get more media focus, such as the Darfur genocide and similar such happenings, rather than the latest political "gaffe" committed by such and such a politician.

The question is how someone as young as you can be so cynical: I had to go through years of bullying at school and two wars to get like that, and even then, while I've lost any faith I've had in humanity, I still have faith in God... I'm not a Christian because I think I'm better than everybody else, I'm Christian because I know how much I (and the rest of the world) NEEDS saving.

EDIT: On a more positive note, I recently ordered some stuff on Brick Link and found out that the seller was literally just over the mountain from me (about half an hour drive), so I agreed to meet them about an hour from now and pick up my order and pay cash, saving us both time as well as PayPal and shipping fees....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:51 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Hikaro: I can hardly wait to see the Hobbit, and glad to hear that your wife has found a theme she likes ... be sure to give her the cookies too :o)

@QBlade: I don't use flickr, and I have a FB acct - I visit ... once a week if I'm lucky ...
it's just not my thing.

Also, found out that the timetable for moving my job into part-time has sped up. Looks like that will be in place somewhere between March - May. Woot.
But, on the bright side, it'll give me more time to work with my tablet ... if only I was good at marketing ... oh well ...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:44 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I'm in a terrible mood today.
I got an hour of sleep last night. Then had to do PT at 5am. And now I'm tired as hell. Along with some other factors that just made my day even worse once I got back from drill.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:55 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
@ School shootings - Hikaro has almost the exact same ideas I share on all accounts written in his last 2 posts. After the bomb threat the school I work at had a few months ago, I have been thinking about the security of that district. There seems to be little in the way of security and the 2 elementary schools are really accessible. The most they have in the way of protection is electronically locked doors 8o Pretty sure firearms are off limits there, so even when I get my gun and license, I wouldn't be allowed to have it on me. Eventually, there will be a story of someone protecting a school and accidentally shooting or killing someone else during an incident like what just happened. 2nd amendment opponents will always look for a reason to support their cause. I actually made a phone call yesterday to the guy I used to work with about still being able to get a gun.

@ Dark Knight Rises - X? Spoilers dude!! For the record, the end was my favorite part of that whole movie. I loved how they tied everything up. I didn't enjoy the "Goldfinger" accent Bane had and thought they should have had someone that really looked way bigger than Batman.

@ Aquaman - If done right, he could be a great character. Napo suffers from the same ideas I had about him in the past. How is it cool to breathe underwater, talk to fish, swim fast, and wear a stupid looking green leotard with and orange shirt? It's the reason I wanted my hair to be darker as a kid and not blonde (which I now regret). The right actor, the right direction, and the right story can make him just as epic as the "cooler" super heroes. He is still around for a reason. ;)

@ FB/Flickr - I used to be anti both, but I have found that both can be regulated to your liking. on FB, I have quite a few contacts info set so I don't see their posts. I suspect that a few of my contacts have me "turned off" ever since I went off on my hockey rants in the beginning of October. The only LEGO related contact I have on their right now is Omi. Flickr has a block option, plus the only way I really get fired up over something on there is if I let it get to me, or I see some stupidity regarding BrickForge that I feel the need to respond to. I'm opening myself up to more social media. Anyone that wants to be a contact, hit me up.

Got the fireplace today and it looks great. Played the x-box on the new TV and I love it. :D

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 61 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 100  Next