It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:13 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 55 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Come in Meaningless Thread 51, Your Time is Up
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:12 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Napoleon wrote:
I had no idea Axe still had presence. Maybe he'll sign in here someday and surprise us.

He doesn't. We talk on facebook a lot.

In other news my car is done for, somehow water got into the engine.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:21 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

@Lone ranger: I remember seeing the sets listed on Brickipedia. Can't wait for the Cav Builder!

In other Lames Workshop news, they still haven't gotten back to my legitimate claim about them not being able to copyright 'SM' as a general term. And I had a great argument, Robert Heinlien, sci-fi master, used the term first, in the late 30's. LW has no legal claim to the term, except as it relates to their specific marines, not the general PACs.

@Walking in the Internet: It would be REALLY hard shopping on Amazon, but, hey it would make shipping easier. And think of the forums games! BF tag would be awesome. But I'd probably get mowed down by a select few members.

Edit: Brickipedia's showing non-licensed Castle sets for 2013!!!!!!!!! :D :D :
70400 Forest Ambush
70401 Gold Getaway
70402 The Gatehouse Raid
70403 Dragon Mountain
70404 Kings Castle

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:34 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Wait. Did you pursue them in court or did they pursue you because of your name? Also, how did you even get your parents to go along with this? Or are you an adult?

So my new online Speech class is very weird. It pisses me off sometimes, and other times it's surprisingly modern. It shows a picture of a computer room from the 1950's and basically says "Look how old this is, isn't it wacky?" No. It's not wacky because I have a basic understanding of history as well as a fully functioning brain. Then on the next page it acknowledges Steam Punk as a major genre which has never ever been brought up during any other course I've ever taken. I thought that was pretty cool. Then it starts talking about cell phones and compares their inner workings to magic. Then I got pissed again because they assume that anyone in High School has the IQ of nothing. Then a few pages later it actually gives me a link to a videogame forum. Not an educational video game forum. Just a forum about all videogames. I really don't know what to think. They go from treating me like an idiot to treating me like a normal person so quickly I can't tell if I like the course or not.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:56 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I hate the low-IQ treatment of history and technology these days. Instead of expecting people to learn things, they cater to the people who don't (most of the time).

Biohazard wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
I had no idea Axe still had presence. Maybe he'll sign in here someday and surprise us.

He doesn't. We talk on facebook a lot.

No, I meant presence with any members online at all. I remember he took down his Flickr, too.

In other news, I just saw Red Dawn.

It was amazing.

While a little sillier than the original, it was pure entertainment and it scared the crap out of me. People have been crying it's "unrealistic using North Korea," but they failed to catch the line where they said Russia invaded, too. Reasonable enough for a movie, to me. I can't wait for the sequel. Plus, I was already biased since it had Josh Peck in it, and I grew up on Drake & Josh. Heck, I'd have watched it if they fired Hemsworth and cast Drake Bell. Drake & Josh: Go to War. |D

"Marines don't die. They just go to Hell and regroup."

That gives you an idea of how epic this movie was.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:00 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

macleodman2 wrote:
Wait. Did you pursue them in court or did they pursue you because of your name? Also, how did you even get your parents to go along with this? Or are you an adult?

No, what he's referring to is the fact that there was a project on Cuusoo that reached 10,000 votes JUST before the deadline for this quarterly review that had "Space Marines" as a working title, but ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Lames Workshop (heh, I'm going to have to start using that one, sorta like how I call the retail store who must not be named Voldemart), and Lo and behold, as soon as it reached the review stage, Lames Workshop comes around with their brute squad and files a trademark infringement cease and desist order against them... According to the guy who created it (Nick Royer), he's currently discussing with LEGO and Lames Workshop about coming up with a new name that won't violate any of LW's sacred cash cow trademarks....

Unfortunately, while LW can't trademark the term "space marines" due to it being merely a collection of commonly used words, they CAN trademark "Space Marines" (yes, the capitalization IS important), and yes, they apparently CAN make it retroactive: All re-releases of the movie "Aliens" have to pay royalties to LW for using the Space Marines terms, despite the fact that Aliens was made over 10 years before the first Warhammer $40,000 sourcebook was even published, thanks to their hyper-aggressive team of rabid lawyers (who are apparently recruited from the same pool that Blizzard, Apple and Micro$oft get theirs from) suing anyone and everyone who comes remotely close to infringing on one of their precious trademarks (including, apparently fellow litigation happy game company, Blizzard... there must be an epic clash of the titans going on right now between their teams of gung-ho lawyers).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:19 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Bio: glad to know you keep in touch with some of our 'missing' members :o)

@the Lone Ranger stuff looks interesting ... though I agree, the Lego stuff before was pretty cool. I have most of those and will be giving those to my son Tyrel for him and his kids to enjoy.

@Castle: it's good to see that Lego will continue with their own things and just use their Disy license as salt n pepper vs. mainstay themes. It was the Lego themes that drew me ... not Disy.

Two more cookie types to make ... thank goodness ...

@Skyrim PC: so does anyone else here have the Portal - Space Orb dlc? it's hilarious when you keep it in your inventory ... he floats around the skills menu while you use it, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:41 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@HK: Okay. SM also had something with them personally. Or maybe it was a different company. Anyway. SM had something to do with some legal action that had to do with the term. Or maybe I was on acid at the time, but that doesn't seem very likely at all.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:47 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Had an alright day today. Now to sleep. Lovely sleep...

Wait a minute.
minifigCharmed wrote:

Did you say cookies? I want cookies now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:11 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Biohazard wrote:
Had an alright day today. Now to sleep. Lovely sleep...
Glad to hear it.
Biohazard wrote:
Wait a minute.
minifigCharmed wrote:
Did you say cookies? I want cookies now.
Seconded.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:17 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Lol. That is all. |D

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 55 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 100  Next