It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:45 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 52 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Come in Meaningless Thread 51, Your Time is Up
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:30 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
So I know there is quite a bit of interest cross-over on this forum so I figure I'll take a shot in the dark: Anyone else here read or a fan of the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher?

I read through a bit of one at Barnes & Noble; mine has a huge section of Jim Butcher.

Also, I love this quote I randomly found in the comments section of Cracked:

Quote:
So why is it that popular kids tend to be jerks and the lonely loser tends to be a great soul? Maybe because they the former doesn't really value people because he's never been alone and the latter values them so much because he's never had anyone.

This applies so well to me. Because I'm a lonely loser. There, I said it. I'm also a great soul. :9

EDIT:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:16 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I'm a lonely loser who harbors nothing but hatred for mankind, but I have a history of severe depression and an entirely bitter outlook on life.

And that translates perfectly into my next topic. Windows 8 is starting to piss me off. I can't watch videos on the FUNimation website. I have no idea why. First I was actually able to get to the videos webpage, but it would say I needed Adobe Flash Player which comes built in with Internet Explorer. No exceptions. Now it won't even let me access the show. The name pops up but it's just gray text instead of a freakin link like it's supposed to be, and the thumbnail image is nonexistent. It works just fine on my crappy desktop. I've also tried using Mozilla and Chrome on this and it does the exact same thing. This is the first issue I've had and it freaking enrages me. I mean come on. It won't let me stream a simple video that my outdated piece of garbage scrapped together desktop runs no problem. Oh yeah, and it's so annoying to have to use the App store to get an update for an app that's already installed. Want to update the Windows 8 Video app? Exit the app and open up the app store which is a separate app, download the update and go back to the original app. Yeah. That makes sense.

If I had a doomsday device I would use it right now just to vent my anger. I uh... I may have anger issues as well... Still pissed off.

Wait a minute. How long have you been reading Cracked Napo?

Edit: Haha. Just read the last page after I posted this. I like Napo's idea of a misery bowl. Oh crap. I did it again. I've stayed up trying to get some piece of technology to work (even though I know it won't) while watching documentaries on PBS until 1 O'clock at night. Man. I'm living the life. Not even being sarcastic. I'm glad I'm in a position where Windows 8 not working is such a major concern.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:38 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I'm only sunshine and cookies on here. In real life I just stole a sucker from a toddler and had my dog neutered without anesthesia, just for the lulz. ;9

I read Cracked all the time. It's freaking hilarious. College Humor is fantastic, too.

If you're trying to invent technologies, I demand you build me an aeternal life throne, with which I shall reign as kaiser over all the peoples, forever and ever, amen. |D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:09 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Busy High School has kept me very busy. However, it looks like status quo is quite the same, with Napo making half- funny jokes ;9 , and Bio being sick yet again. Hope you get well Bio, that must really suck being constantly sick.

Well, that started to work fast. A week ago, I started training so I'll be fit for military service by my senior year, and I already lost 5 pounds, 30 more to go. I take it this means I've got a struggle ahead, but I got two or three and a half years left, so if I stick to it, I'll be good to go. If it all gets done in 2 and a half years, there'll be more time to work on applying for an Army ROTC scholarship.

Napoleon wrote:
If you're trying to invent technologies, I demand you build me an aeternal life throne, with which I shall reign as kaiser over all the peoples, forever and ever, amen. |D

Can I be High Grand Marshall of the High Imperial Shock Forces of Kaiser Napoleon IV the Fried Chick Consuming Emperor of the High Terran People's Empiratical Republic?!?!? :9

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:25 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Yes, you can. SM. As long as you admit my comic genius. :9

EDIT:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:31 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Hmm, a very hard choice indeed :9

In other news, It's coollld outside! Very, very cold. Woohoo! Now we just need some more snow. Oh, yeah, and apparently, I live 2 or 3 hours away from the Cheyenne Mountain Complex. 8o

Napo, have you ever seen 'Death Star Canteen' by Eddie Izzard? Some language aside, I think you'd love it.

Edit: Christmas avvy!

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:44 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Powered Assault Commando wrote:
Hmm, a very hard choice indeed :9

In other news, It's coollld outside! Very, very cold. Woohoo! Now we just need some more snow. Oh, yeah, and apparently, I live 2 or 3 hours away from the Cheyenne Mountain Complex. 8o

Napo, have you ever seen 'Death Star Canteen' by Eddie Izzard? Some language aside, I think you'd love it.

Edit: Christmas avvy!

Your life, your choice. Oh, yes, I should have mentioned what happens if you don't admit my comic genius.

So admit my comic genius. :9

I wish it was cold here. I have two fans going and the AC on 69, it's so hot.

No, I haven't. I generally love Izzard, though. And I've become okay with most language, once I realized hearing it wasn't going to go make repeat it. |D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:11 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Napoleon wrote:
I wish it was cold here. I have two fans going and the AC on 69, it's so hot.

Cold enough here for me to have to wear my winter jacket and my shemagh as a scarf just to walk to the gas station.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:31 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I've said it once and I'll say it again: I. HATE. The cold.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:33 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I've said it once and I'll say it again, I agree with you.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 52 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 100  Next