Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:26 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 44 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Come in Meaningless Thread 51, Your Time is Up
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:44 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

No boarding? What is this heresy? Ready the grappling hooks! Secure the air-locks!

'Boarding', a non haiku by SM

Boarding, boarding, is so much fun, when you board everyone!
Pirates or starships or anything in-between!
Land combat on the high seas!

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom.12:21

Query: why is this necessary? Repeat, query: why is this necessary?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:30 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
Biohazard wrote:
Sick to my stomach, I have a headache, I'm thinking too much to go to bed, and some other problems I'll PM you about if you'd like to hear.
Stomach, headache, and thinking too much? That's a pretty unholy trio. While I don't know what the other issues you are having are, is there anything you can do or take for the stomach and head? Or are they stress related due to the other issues? Whatever the problem(s), hope you are able to get it all sorted. If it's any consolation or I can be of any help, I'll probably be awake for another few hours.

Yep. It sucks. I got 2 hours of sleep last night and it wasn't all at once. Mostly stress related. I just played kotor for a while. Then switched to Skyrim. Then Forza. Then some halo. Then I watched some netflix. slept for like half an hour then woke up and went and threw up. And then pretty much repeated the cycle.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:22 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Bio: ew, and yup no fun at all. Get well soon,\.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:13 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Well, hope things brighten up, Bio. Being sick always sucks.

Ahh, peppermint ice cream and mountain dew game fuel float. Odd, but amazing. My dad said he'd peel me off the wall in a few minutes. Guess I should do some extra exercises tonight.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom.12:21

Query: why is this necessary? Repeat, query: why is this necessary?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:27 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

It's mostly because of stress. Still sick. Doubt I'll sleep tonight either. However, my friend bought me a katana. It's pretty sweet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:56 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Napoleon: Sorry about your loss

Bio: Sorry about the car... Those things can be a pain when they aren't working right.

Anyways, aside from catching a really nasty cold from my niece this past week, things have been going fairly well for me.

My wife and I have gotten most of the furniture moved from our parents' houses to our house (I still need to pick up my LEGO stuff), and the house is starting to look like a home (although definitely the abode of some geeks: We have a framed Quibbler poser hanging in the hallway, and an official "Undesirable #1" plaque hanging in the kitchen for one thing).

The HVAC guy from a reputable local outfit came by Friday to see if he could fix my heating system, and he was able to get it working (so no more space heaters), and the best part is that the seller will likely have to reimburse me: According to our contract, the heating system was supposed to be fixed before the sale, but due to the seller being a cheapskate and hiring some fly-by-night operation to hook up the new circulator pump to the thermostat, they had the 120v trigger voltage for the pump running directly into a 24v relay, causing said relay to burn up, meaning that the problem was the seller's fault. :D

Additionally, our internet/phone service was activated Friday (I need to repair my one phone though: the Touch-Tone dialer circuit went bad sometime in the last few months), and we now have consistent 10mbps connectivity (where with Verizon Wireless internet it was somewhere around 500kbps). The best part is that unlimited Long Distance phone, high-speed internet and TV is costing me about the same as JUST the wireless internet from Verizon, so I'll be calling Verizon up tomorrow and telling them where they can shove their wireless modem....

My wife and I also were at the Arundel Mills LEGO store today and got two Hobbit sets (Riddles for the Ring and An Unexpected Gathering) as well as another Uruk-Hai Army set and the Swarm Interceptor Galaxy Squad set. I can now confirm that the Blue squad's legs, arms and helmet is the exact same color as the ADU troopers, meaning that I can easily integrate them into my ADU MOCs.

Finally, we've managed to get most of the pets moved in as well (the cats are still somewhat jumpy since we're still moving stuff around and adding new pets to the mix) and my workbench and tool box as well... Now I can FINALLY get some real projects done (like fixing the aforementioned phone as well as building my super surge supressor).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:02 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Wow, how many pets do you have, Hikaro? ;)

So, I hate L'Enfant Plaza. Stupid muties kept killing me and my squad from all directions, especially Clover. Finally, I reloaded the save for like the sixth time, and then used my sniper rifle to pick off the most annoying two, and then used a rocket launcher to blow up the whole freaking road. Srsly, like 20 cars and buses and such all went kablooey, sending muties flying everywhere. Then I walked through and took what I wanted, and gave nothin' back. *cue PotC theme* :9

EDIT: Wow, man, things are still going off. A couple idiot muties hung on somewhere, fired their guns, and then a whole new stretch of road lit up. :|~

EDIT: Holy crap an overlord. I hate these guys! I barely saved Clover in time, and the overlord's last shot set off more vehicles. This is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:16 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

http://kotaku.com/5883988/concept-artis ... m-has-died

Oh, wow, this is sad. I had no idea. :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:55 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Last night was a bad night too. Over the last 3 days I've gotten about 6 hours of sleep. Last night I didn't fall asleep until 0430, and woke up at around 0600. I threw up before I went to bed again. This sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:46 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Quote:
In other news, today on my way to work, I had one cop behind me for a while on the highway, one that pulled a u-turn right after I passed him, and on my way back had one pull out right behind me and put his lights on right after, only to turn the next block. The last one had me so rattled, when I tried to pull over, I nailed the curb with my tire. No damage from the looks of it, but made an awful sound.

I think I posted that on Wednesday. I was wrong. I messed up my tire and had to put the spare on. I'm hoping that all it is is the tire and not more. Hoping tomorrow it is able to get fixed. Also, the guy I was thinking of buying the gun off got fired, so I don't know if that is an option now. I was pretty much gone yesterday except for about 1 hour.

On the positive side, I spent about 5 1/2 hours in discussion with <v> on Friday about some of the new items for late next year. I love being able to assist in that way and it's my favorite part of working for BrickForge. That always gets followed by my least favorite part.........waiting for them to come out.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 44 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 100  Next