Change font size
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:38 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 37 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Come in Meaningless Thread 51, Your Time is Up
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:18 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
I should have been more specific about the gun. I'm looking at the Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9MM. It's about $380, but my contact said he could get it to me for $100. There are a few obstacles in the way right now, but it has to fit my criteria. I'm looking at price, size and reliability. Ultimately, I need to get my hands on one to get a feel for it. It carries 12 rounds and I figure if I need more than that at one time, I have bigger problems than capacity. Here is a look at one:

It's not the prettiest thing, but for what I need, it'll do the job. If I have to use it, the last thing I will care about is how it looks or what the police might think when they show up at the scene.

In other news, today on my way to work, I had one cop behind me for a while on the highway, one that pulled a u-turn right after I passed him, and on my way back had one pull out right behind me and put his lights on right after, only to turn the next block. The last one had me so rattled, when I tried to pull over, I nailed the curb with my tire. No damage from the looks of it, but made an awful sound. I was a little on edge because the school I work at just had one of it's teachers busted for crack yesterday. I get flustered easily in the presence of law enforcement. Maybe it's time to change that, but its difficult when you can't trust any of the police around here. I just need to find the right one to become acquainted with.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:42 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

@sentinal: Huh...guess there are more S&W and H&K law enforcement pistols out there than I thought. Learn something new every day.
Biohazard wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
@QB: I want to get a gun, too! I've been looking into it lately. I'd start off with a typical cop pistol if I got one, but I'd want a rifle. :|~

The fact that you just said 'typical cop pistol' and don't know what you want says to me that you should hold off on getting a weapon.
What are you looking for? Cost? Concealable? High or low caliber? Aesthetics?

I'm with you Machetero, never been into Glocks. I want a 1911 of some sort. I want a Kimber but they're pretty expensive.
Due to the difference in the angle of the grip, Glocks do not fit right in my hand and thus require awkward positioning to get and stay on target. I do not like nor trust a weapon that requires me to adjust just about everything I know just to use it and only it. I'll stick with my SIG thank you very much.
I "inherited" my dad's Colt 70's series 1911 in .45ACP along with an extra barrel, slide, spring, and magazine to convert it to .22LR. It's a great firearm but since it was my dad's and is quite "pretty" I don't shoot it much.

@QB: I've heard many a good thing about Taurus, though I haven't tried one personally. Definitely try one out before you buy it. Like I said above, some guns just don't "feel" right and that's a bit of a problem if you are looking for personal/home defense.
As for your interesting drive home, can't blame you for getting nervous. I have a few family members and friends who are LEOs and I still get nervous when one pulls up behind me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:34 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

The thing I don't like about Glocks is that there's no safety on them. You have to use a gun lock. You're either ready to shoot someone else or yourself accidentally, or you're not ready to shoot at all. I would prefer a Berreta 92 or a double action revolver of some sort. A Taurus Judge Defender. That one also fires 410 shotgun shells. Of course my opinion in this is mostly irrelevant since it would be purely for recreational use. Most cases of urban violence in Idaho seem to be one drunk guy stabbing another drunk guy, or the incredibly incredibly rare gang drive by.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:01 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

@Bio: I was in Blair.

@Guns: Age and practicality have limited me to being a long gun guy, but from my limited pool of knowledge, that does look like a good choice of PDW.

Edit: Well, I'm just sittin' here with the crying baby doll I need to carry around for health.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

Last edited by SPACE MARINE on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:04 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Still here, just busy. School's been crazy lately.

Quickblade wrote:
@ Flickr - Way too many morons that love to post crappy "trade" lists of garbage "pr0t0s"
@ BFF members - Thanks for being cool and not like a lot of the F-tards on Flickr

I'm on both. :3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:08 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Carter-A259 wrote:

Quickblade wrote:
@ Flickr - Way too many morons that love to post crappy "trade" lists of garbage "pr0t0s"
@ BFF members - Thanks for being cool and not like a lot of the F-tards on Flickr

Well, I don't see what the deal is with "pr0t0types" in most cases, sure, ya' get a coolish non-production part every now and then, but most prototypes probably aren't the production model cause' they're lower quality.

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:10 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Carter: Hey!

@SMarine: yeah, so sorry for the whole 'doll thing' ...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:10 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Powered Assault Commando wrote:
Carter-A259 wrote:

Quickblade wrote:

Well, I don't see what the deal is with "pr0t0types" in most cases, sure, ya' get a coolish non-production part every now and then, but most prototypes probably aren't the production model cause' they're lower quality.

My point was basically that there are still great builders on Flickr.

@minifigCharmed Hello to you too. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:14 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

@MC: Monty's a good baby, kinda fun actually. :)

Carter-A259 wrote:
My point was basically that there are still great builders on Flickr.

Tis' true, my point was just that many protos suck. Some of the stuff on Flikr is amazing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:22 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Carter-A259 wrote:

Quickblade wrote:

You are not the culprit. People like to trade stuff, I get it. I just get tired of looking in my stream seeing upload after upload about the trading. I like to see customizing, and trading is not customizing. For the record, I think you handle yourself in a respectable manner on Flickr.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 37 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 100  Next