Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Come in Meaningless Thread 51, Your Time is Up
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:23 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Napoleon wrote:
Biohazard wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
Now, Bio, you need to get a girlfriend for every one of your favorite games. Hey, my great-grandfather was married to ten women at one time, so it can be done. |D

Why would I do that when I have one girl who plays them all with me?

Even Fallout and BF? :|~ You are insanely lucky, then.

If they were co-op she'd play them with me, yes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:49 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@Huntmaster: Don't you dare crush my dreams. I'm going to stay optimistic. This model and all the hardware is really new. Just came out in September I think. Of course I am aware that new hardware can cause just as many problems. I am positive that it will be leagues better than any computer we've ever had though. I'm probably going to get a new graphics card for Xmas anyway. One that doesn't steal almost half of the RAM. I looked at the actual specs of the games and it meets the recommended requirements for Skyrim, both the Fallouts, and Oblivion besides not having one of the recommended brands of graphics cards. We'll see how it turns out, and if it doesn't work out, then I'll just get a GFX card for Xmas like I said. I'm mostly just worried about Windows 8. I really don't want the Xbox dashboard on my PC, and we don't have an actual copy of Windows XP for me to install.

Oh yeah. Great great news for me. I'm finally close enough to graduating to start looking at Universities. I have one problem though. Assuming I can get into the University I want, I have to establish residency in Oregon so I don't have to pay out of state tuition. That means I have to move there, be self sufficient, and do something that's not related to college for 12 months. Well. I can do a little college and it'll count, but I can't do full time schooling. I guess that's to stop people from establishing residency purely for school. This is okay for me though. I already planned on moving over then when I was able. It's the whole self sufficient part that worries me since I'm pretty much a man child. I hope to major in physics with an emphasis on observational astronomy. At this University I can get a Masters in that, but not a Ph.D. Yes. I do dream of one day getting a Ph.D in astronomy. A laughable ambition given my educational record, but it's my ultimate goal. Oh man. The James Webb Space Telescope would be operational by then and I could have the chance to work with it. That would be so amazing. I'll also try and get some kind of degree in astrophysics, but that's a lesser priority because math isn't my strongest subject, and it's largely theoretical with lots of super computer simulations rather than a focus on observation. So so so much to do before I get old... or become terminally ill as half of my family is prone to. Alright. Gotta stop thinking about this stuff right now. My brain is overloading and starting to shut down. Can barely type a full sentence before I get distracted or just blank out. Enjoy all the typos in this big (for me) post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:06 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

So my girlfriend is moving back to Omaha today.
...That kinda sucks. Oh well. Living with my sister wasn't working for her.
Aaaand she's gone. Damn. :\

On a brighter note, grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:27 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

@QB: I want to get a gun, too! I've been looking into it lately. I'd start off with a typical cop pistol if I got one, but I'd want a rifle. :|~

Biohazard wrote:
If they were co-op she'd play them with me, yes.

I meant if she play those at all, since they're such "dude games." :9 Anywho, that's amazing. Sorry to hear about her moving to Omaha. I've had family move halfway across the country. It sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:29 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Napoleon wrote:
@QB: I want to get a gun, too! I've been looking into it lately. I'd start off with a typical cop pistol if I got one, but I'd want a rifle. :|~

What exactly is a "typical cop pistol?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:52 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

sentinal133 wrote:
Napoleon wrote:

Depends on the department. Could be a Glock 21-23 (bleh, bleh, and tripple bleh!), a SIG P226 or 229 in 9mm or .40 S&W, or possibly could be a Beretta 92 though that seems to be rarer these days. Oh, and I think there is one S&W and one H&K that have been known to see use by law enforcement but I don't know which as no one I know personally in LE uses one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:09 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Machetero wrote:
sentinal133 wrote:
Napoleon wrote:

Depends on the department. Could be a Glock 21-23 (bleh, bleh, and tripple bleh!), a SIG P226 or 229 in 9mm or .40 S&W, or possibly could be a Beretta 92 though that seems to be rarer these days. Oh, and I think there is one S&W and one H&K that have been known to see use by law enforcement but I don't know which as no one I know personally in LE uses one.

That was my point, I was curious as to which one he was talking about. Or if he meant a while ago when revolvers were common.

edit: Well, according to Wikipedia, the H&K P7, USP, and P2000 are used by police, along with the S&W Model 5906 and M&P

Last edited by sentinal133 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:24 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Napoleon wrote:

The fact that you just said 'typical cop pistol' and don't know what you want says to me that you should hold off on getting a weapon.
What are you looking for? Cost? Concealable? High or low caliber? Aesthetics?

I'm with you Machetero, never been into Glocks. I want a 1911 of some sort. I want a Kimber but they're pretty expensive.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:48 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I'm with CB on the 1911s, some .22s are nice too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:55 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I also want a .50AE Desert Eagle. Just because. :9

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 36 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 100  Next