Change font size
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:53 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 35 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Come in Meaningless Thread 51, Your Time is Up
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:25 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Now, Bio, you need to get a girlfriend for every one of your favorite games. Hey, my great-grandfather was married to ten women at one time, so it can be done. |D

huntmaster wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
huntmaster wrote:
Saw some cool items in the national geographic magazine for sale. Might have to ask for some of it. Plus I scored bf3 premium edition for pc for 20 bucks on black friday.

Hey, HM! Haven't seen you in a while.

What kind of stuff in NatGeo? (Gosh, I wish I had a subscription to that).

I saw a norwegian sweater thing that was pretty cool. Made by the company that made Roald Amundsens gear to go to the soulth pole.

Hey, neat! I've really become partial to adventure/survival gear collecting myself. NatGeo's Doomsday Preppers is to blame. :9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:39 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Napoleon wrote:
Now, Bio, you need to get a girlfriend for every one of your favorite games. Hey, my great-grandfather was married to ten women at one time, so it can be done. |D

Why would I do that when I have one girl who plays them all with me?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:58 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Biohazard wrote:
Napoleon wrote:

Why would I do that when I have one girl who plays them all with me?

Even Fallout and BF? :|~ You are insanely lucky, then.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:07 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@MC: Yeah. I knew that memory was different from hard drive space. It's a 500GB hard drive. I looked at the more detailed specs the intel graphics card it comes with goes up to 1.65gb, but I read the fine print and it says that it has to use memory from other sources at that when used by the card it can't be used for anything else. So I guess that means it runs off of the memory. That's unfortunate.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:43 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
I keep writing posts over the past week and deleting them because they are too long, so here is a summary.

@ night time job - It sucks.
@ Flickr - Way too many morons that love to post crappy "trade" lists of garbage "pr0t0s"
@ BFF members - Thanks for being cool and not like a lot of the F-tards on Flickr
@ Galaxy Squad - not liking the colors or the SP3/ADU style helmets. Here's to hoping wave 2 uses the Galaxy Patrol helm and armor instead in better (darker) colors.
@ Other rumored LEGO sets - Hooray for CM Series 9 & 10 and Castle 2013.
@ Quest for QB getting a handgun - Found one that might be a good choice & might be able to get it for a very low price (if certain things work out)
@ Secret project I haven't mentioned before - I have a deadline for the end of the year. I am "in it to win it" mode.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:04 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Quickblade wrote:
@ night time job - It sucks.
@ Flickr - Way too many morons that love to post crappy "trade" lists of garbage "pr0t0s"
@ BFF members - Thanks for being cool and not like a lot of the F-tards on Flickr

Wait, what part of Flickr have you been hanging around?! I've been using Flickr for over a year now, and haven't run into anything like that... Then again, I'm pretty picky about who and where I hang out on Flickr... Heck, I actually got a comment on my ADU Buteo-class VTOL Gunship from Nabii (Mark Stafford), the guy who was head of the design team for Alien Conquest (and an all around cool guy).

Quote:
@ Galaxy Squad - not liking the colors or the SP3/ADU style helmets. Here's to hoping wave 2 uses the Galaxy Patrol helm and armor instead in better (darker) colors.

Yeah, I somewhat agree with you, but I can use the Blue troopers (and sets) to expand my Airborne Demolitions Unit (I think its interesting they used what appears to be the same color as the ADU for the Blue Squad troopers as the ADU), and I want the Blue Squad fighter craft (for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I could use the wings for making the Federal Republic of America variant of the Buteo Gunship ;) ), as well as a few of the other blue sets so I can get a good spread of bugs.

Quote:
@ Other rumored LEGO sets - Hooray for CM Series 9 & 10 and Castle 2013.

I'm excited about CM series 9, at least what I've seen thus far... Definitely want the good knights (they'll be great additions to the Federal Special Ops), alien troopers and battle robots. I didn't know about the Castle (or that it had been confirmed as of yet), though.

Quote:
@ Secret project I haven't mentioned before - I have a deadline for the end of the year. I am "in it to win it" mode.

Sounds interesting! I'm also working on a project (aside from the massive moving in project that is): I'm building my very own steampunky super-duper surge suppressor. I have a shipment of thermally protected Metal Oxide Varistors (the things that actually do the surge suppressing)coming in the next few days, and I have acquired everything else I need for it, and I'm going to be moving my work bench and tool box tomorrow, so I'll have a place to do the final drilling and cutting and such on it. This thing will be a 10-outlet monster, and unlike most power strips, this thing will have an integral Square-D 15 amp breaker (as opposed to the 15-amp button breakers used in most), actual contractor-grade outlets in outlet plates (so you won't have to worry about wall warts covering 2-3 outlets by themselves), a 20-amp rated on/off kill switch, and 3 neon indicator lamps (one green and two red or amber... The red/amber ones will be for monitoring the actual MOVs and will go out if one of the MOVs goes bad, letting me know when it needs replacing).

This particular power strip is intended for use with the game systems and TV, and will be the first major non-LEGO building project I've started in over a year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:57 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@QB: Secret project eh? My project is secret because it violates numerous international laws, various human rights, and it's also a mockery of life that should never see the light of day. Not that I'm in possession of such a thing though. Hmmm. We need an emote with shifty eyes.

You know. It's kind of weird that I'm getting a laptop considering that a few days ago I was lamenting the fact that I didn't have a computer that runs decent games. I really really wanted to play the Fo:NV/Fo3 mod that adds the new features from New Vegas to Fo3. Now I might be able to. Of course I'll have to actually purchase both games on this laptop.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:39 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@QBlade: ah, I know how the post and delete thing works!!

@Mac: well, hopefully this lappy will work well for you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:29 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

macleodman2 wrote:
@QB: Secret project eh? My project is secret because it violates numerous international laws, various human rights, and it's also a mockery of life that should never see the light of day. Not that I'm in possession of such a thing though. Hmmm. We need an emote with shifty eyes.

You know. It's kind of weird that I'm getting a laptop considering that a few days ago I was lamenting the fact that I didn't have a computer that runs decent games. I really really wanted to play the Fo:NV/Fo3 mod that adds the new features from New Vegas to Fo3. Now I might be able to. Of course I'll have to actually purchase both games on this laptop.

You can't really play many games of the intel chipset. Older games like morrowind, fallout would be a stretch. Speaking of morrowind, its really getting anooting how I have to walk around to find easy quests and coming off skyrim, it's pretty eh.

If the tanks succeed, victory follows. - Heinz Guderian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:34 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
@ Flickr comment - I started accepting people that added me as a contact mainly to get my name out there a little more. I have quite a few contacts that seem to love to play "let's trade over molded, poor color choice, craptastic pr0t0s", and then update their pathetic list often. I don't have anything against these people, and can't even point out any names off the top of my head, but its just annoying. Occasionally I get added as a contact by a keyboard warrior that hasn't figured out the "hows" and "whens" to use colorful language. It just gets exhausting seeing kids my daughters age acting like complete morons.

@ Secret project - To clarify, it is minifig based, and not related to the destruction of any person, place, or thing.

@ not posting certain things - some are just not suitable for this forum. Most of the time, they are just a case of "who cares". I don't actually delete them after I hit submit, rather I just decline to hit submit.

@ me using @ and quotation marks - If that annoys you, you are not alone. ;9

On a side note, I had a dream the other night that was a first of its kind. I actually woke up, laughing hysterically. It woke my wife up and she said I laughed for about 20 mins (exaggeration for sure). I can't repeat what it was here, but it involved a completely imagined scene involving Borat doing another documentary.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 35 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 100  Next