Change font size
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:41 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 34 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Come in Meaningless Thread 51, Your Time is Up
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:02 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Anyone know of a good way to download YouTube videos to WMV format? I need to to get movie clips for music videos and such. RealPlayer works, but they all come out choppy, for some reason, while the audio is good. It's sooooo frustrating.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:22 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Saw some cool items in the national geographic magazine for sale. Might have to ask for some of it. Plus I scored bf3 premium edition for pc for 20 bucks on black friday.

If the tanks succeed, victory follows. - Heinz Guderian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:43 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

huntmaster wrote:
Saw some cool items in the national geographic magazine for sale. Might have to ask for some of it. Plus I scored bf3 premium edition for pc for 20 bucks on black friday.

Hey, HM! Haven't seen you in a while.

What kind of stuff in NatGeo? (Gosh, I wish I had a subscription to that).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:42 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

So today I had to fill out a resume for the completely idiotic and annoying State mandatory "Senior Project". Two of the required sections are Achievements and Activities from your High School years. I realized I have accomplished exactly 0 noteworthy things, and not just in High School. My lack of accomplishments goes all the way back to 6th grade. I was basically the Valedictorian of my elementary school class. I had the top scores in all subjects on Idaho's mandatory state testing. I was a tri-city male gymnastics champ. Then boom. Life kicked me in the crotch so hard that it messed up my hip. That reminded me that I'm coming up on the 8th anniversary of that event. Normally this would send me into a severe depression that would result in my laying face down in a pillow hoping beyond hope that my heart would inexplicably explode and end my worthless existence. Now I just want to stab things. Organic things. All of the organic things. I wish I could go visit God's final message to the universe and meet those angels that ride scooters and wear sandals. Maybe that would make me feel better. Hopefully at least one person gets that reference.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:30 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Napoleon wrote:
huntmaster wrote:

Hey, HM! Haven't seen you in a while.

What kind of stuff in NatGeo? (Gosh, I wish I had a subscription to that).

I saw a norwegian sweater thing that was pretty cool. Made by the company that made Roald Amundsens gear to go to the soulth pole.

If the tanks succeed, victory follows. - Heinz Guderian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:21 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Mac: the comments about scooters and sandals made me think of Ziltoid ... when he meets the creator of the universe, a 'special' interaction indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:01 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

You know you've got a good girlfriend when she asks to play Borderlands...

And then giggles evilly when heads explode.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:28 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@MC: It's a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I can't remember which of the books it was. God's last message was something along the lines of "Sorry for creating such a sucky universe" and it was written into the surface of this planet with eternal fire. You have to go on this epic trek along a road where the angels I was talking about rent scooters and peddle other goods to pilgrims. It's hilarious.

Yes! Apparently I'm getting a new laptop. My parents ordered it last night. I'm completely shocked, and very excited. Since I told them I'm atheist this summer they decided they would just get me my "Christmas" gift whenever they felt like it. There's one problem though. It's got Windows 8. So I'm either going to have to get used to it, or get my hands on a copy of Windows 7 somehow. Oh yeah, and I only have to wait 3 days for it to get here. Super duper pumped. I've missed my old laptop for quite some time.

Edit: Okay. I have extremely extremely little knowledge of computers, so could someone pretty please tell me how good 4GB of DDR3 memory is? Also how fast is a 2.4 Ghz processor? Is that average or below average? Oh hey. I didn't know that. It comes with a free Nook E-reader. I guess I'll just give that to someone else. Any way. Answers to those questions would just be super.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:25 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Bio: that's awesome!

@Mac: 4g of DDR3 RAM memory is pretty good, good enough to run Oblivion or Skyrim. Remember, DDR is Not your hard-drive memory, the storage part; that will be a different amount.
a 2.4ghz is a good clip, it would be on the high-end of average. This lappy will run circles around your old one.
Also, my son-in-law Trevor, who works as a tech, just started using Windows 8 and actually likes it. (He generally doesn't like windows at all - so that says something).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:20 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

minfigCharmed wrote:
@Bio: that's awesome!

Yes indeed :D She's also getting better at Halo... I await the day where she matches my talents and together we take over the world.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 34 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 100  Next