It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:00 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 33 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Come in Meaningless Thread 51, Your Time is Up
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:40 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Powered Assault Commando wrote:
Well, we're still up in Nebraska. I'm so excited to get back to Colorado, although, with my expert polybag groping skills, I was able to get 2 CMF Golden Conquistadors. A nice lil' find.

Where about in Nebraska? *Points to Location*

@Mac/Napo: You guys are making me want to play New Vegas again.
...But then I remember how much I dislike emptying a magazine into something for it to not die and that bothers me, and I don't want to play anymore.
I wish there was a mode where the bullets did realistic damage... Seriously, just because someone is wearing some leather armor doesn't mean they should take like 15+ 9mm SMG rounds before they die. Oh well, I think I'll play anyway. I feel like sneaking through a building and hitting someone with a tire iron for some reason.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:03 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

How far have you gotten, Mac?

Biohazard wrote:

@Mac/Napo: You guys are making me want to play New Vegas again.
...But then I remember how much I dislike emptying a magazine into something for it to not die and that bothers me, and I don't want to play anymore.
I wish there was a mode where the bullets did realistic damage... Seriously, just because someone is wearing some leather armor doesn't mean they should take like 15+ 9mm SMG rounds before they die. Oh well, I think I'll play anyway. I feel like sneaking through a building and hitting someone with a tire iron for some reason.

To me its part of the cartoony grimdark humor. The supermutants can take three combat shotgun shells to the head because they're huge, so they've got to have titanium skulls. :9 I like it that way; it just wouldn't appeal to me if everyone could just have their heads blown off. Plus, it makes weapon variation pointless, IMO. I mean, why try to get that special plasma rifle if your pathetic little revolver can kill them in one realistic shot?

If you want to join me and sneak through buildings and hit people with tire irons for real, I'm usually out in my pickup by the McDonalds.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:33 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

To an extent, Napo. I'm talking about human targets. Raiders, NCR, Legion... Etc. I'm okay with a super mutant or a death claw requiring a little more work. But a .44 Magnum to the face tends to ruin a regular joes day. Why work for a plasma rifle? The plasma would make them BURN AND SHRIEK AND MAKE THEM DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH. Laser guns should pretty much burn holes into them. Mini nukes... Mini nukes should kill everything :9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:01 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Biohazard wrote:
To an extent, Napo. I'm talking about human targets. Raiders, NCR, Legion... Etc. I'm okay with a super mutant or a death claw requiring a little more work. But a .44 Magnum to the face tends to ruin a regular joes day. Why work for a plasma rifle? The plasma would make them BURN AND SHRIEK AND MAKE THEM DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH. Laser guns should pretty much burn holes into them. Mini nukes... Mini nukes should kill everything :9

Oh, I see your point, then. I guess I'm just used to it being comic-book over-the-top. Oh, and let's not forget the flamer. Yeah, they're really going to stop, aim, and fire at me when they're engulfed in flames. :9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:10 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Hikaro Takayama is in the HOUUUUSSSE! My House that is: We've finally reached the point in the moving in process that we are going to be spending our very first night at the house, even leaving aside the small mishap of the bed frame that my father in law got from his friend NOT being queen sized while the matress was, so we just put the matress and box springs on the floor... But I digress. I got my portable computer and internet USB wireless broadband modem sitting on the kitchen table right now, so life is good!

Even better, Communistcast is coming to install cable TV/phone/internet service this coming Tuesday, so I'll finally be able to tell Verizon where they can stick their USB broadband modem (I'm paying only a few dollars less for crap-tastic wireless internet from Verizon than I would for Comcast's Triple Play plan that would give me fast internet, free long distance phone and something about TV, which I could care less about)...

Anyways, I'm with Biohazard when it comes to damage settings in most shoot-em-up games.... While Counter-Strike is more realistic in some ways (i.e. the AWP being a virtually guaranteed 1-hit kill), other stuff just drives me nuts, such as the random 1/2 damage taken just by crouching or jumping, which results in teams of international terrorists and elite military/police units (Seal Team 6, GSG-9, GIGN and SAS) jumping all over the place like retarded grasshoppers while shouting "OMFWTFBBQ CAMPING *** JSUT AWPED ME!!!!!!111shiftone" at the top of their lungs as a legitimate battle tactic. :/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:22 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I hate that jumping around BS. That's one reason why I quit CoD.

This is hilariously true:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:36 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Hikaro: YAY!!!!!!

@Napo: Sweet on the Hobbit set!

I will be getting those, after a bit. I finally broke down and bought the Winter Village sets from Lego. I want to set them up every year and have them available for my grandkids to play with. I'll be passing down something my kids and I would do. We would spend then week before Christmas making a small Lego town, setting up carolers, nativity, and all; good good memories. I can hardly wait :o)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:12 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

That sounds like fun, MC! I had fun building with my nephews on their first System set ever.

Also:

No matter how much I look at this, it's hilariously adorable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:16 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Hahahahahhaha
indeed!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 am 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

@Napo: Haha, it indeed is. Nice find! And oh my everything, you're pretty armed by now...
@Damage settings: At higher levels in Skyrim, I find those particularly annoying too. I mean, what's up with the LP order being roughly: giant > dragon > blind elf > random bandit > zombie > troll? |B
Also, non-sneak attacks with bows are almost pointless later on, at least without the boring smithing, so you basically have to ghost through the shadows and hope you can kill stuff on 1-2 hits, or face a terrible load of kiting.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 33 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 100  Next