It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:47 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 31 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Come in Meaningless Thread 51, Your Time is Up
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:51 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Congrats, Hikaro! 'Bout flap-jackin' time. :D

So, I played Fallout 3 Operation Anchorage finally. My gosh, it was amazing. I kept hearing about it having tons of glitches, but I didn't have one. It was so awesome. :|~ I'd loved seeing the pre-War world and tech. The anti-Communist and pro-Communist battle-cries were pretty hilarious, too. "For Chairman Cheng!" |D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:56 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Work last night was not as horrible as people made it out to be, with a few exceptions. I got put on a job that was way better suited to someone that had done it a million times compared to my "once", and when I (and everyone else) thought we were done, we had 2 more papers to run. I still love that I did have the responsibility I would have had if I'd taken the promotion. So happy I have the leverage of my 2nd job too. I got to be rowdy and not worry about the consequences.

@Hikaro - That is awesome that you finally got it. Sorta bad timing with the holiday, but if anyone is ever in your shoes, they'll take the timing issue.

@Mac - I had an aunt tell me once that childhood friends will come and go and when you get older, you'll barely know them. She's wrong. My 2 best friends are the 2 I have had from school. One I met when I was about 8 and the other sometime in 7th grade. Sucks about the mom of your friend acting the way she does. I have a friend (the first one mentioned) that made some minor mistakes and had a mom that was pretty sub par in the parenting skills. Nothing to the extent you are dealing with, but still crappy.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:41 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Hope everyone has a good thanksgiving. Mine isn't starting out too well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:54 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Happy Thanksgiving you guys! I'm spending the day at work, which sort of sucks BUT I'm getting paid time and a half so I can't complain too much. Also, once I head home the girlfriend and I will be having Thanksgiving dinner and then I, and possibly she, will head out to the LEGO Store for thier late night/super early morning Black Friday opening.

@BioBear: Sorry your day hasn't started off so well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:20 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Happy Thanksgiving! I had a good day with my wife's family.

The only slightly down side is that it seems that the heating system at my new house isn't working very good, but that's not too big a deal since I was planning on replacing it at the earliest I could anyways: You see, the current heating system is some kind of bass-ackwards Rube Goldberg Gas/Hot Water/Forced Air hybrid monstrosity.... There is a circulator pump that sends hot water from the (gas) hot water heater through a heat exchanger in the Central Air unit's fan box in the crawl space, where it gets blown into all the rooms of the house.

Needless to say, there is about a bajillion things that could go wrong with this setup and, since the thermostat is set at 70 degrees while the inside temperature is 50 degrees, something has obviously gone wrong. Considering that everything else is set/working as it should, it seems that the heat exchanger manifold is at least partially blocked, most likely meaning that it needs replacing.

Instead of doing that however, I'm going to do the SMART thing and do what should have been done in the first place: Get rid of the circulator pump, heat exchanger and all the piping going into the fan box, and get a proper gas furnace installed next to the water heater (the utility closet the water heater is in has more than enough space for a gas furnace big enough to heat a house twice the size of mine), which will only require having a T-joint and valve added to the gas line (which is already there for the hot water heater) and have a hole cut in the floor and a 2' piece of duct work run from said furnace into rest of the duct work in the basement.

The best part is that, depending on the contractor, I could get a discount off the installation fee if I let them have the copper pipe and heat exchanger (copper is about $3 a pound) as well as the almost brand-new circulator pump (about $200 value), not to mention a possible tax rebate for when I file my taxes next year.....

The trick is getting someone to do this within the next couple of days.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:32 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Belated Happy Thanksgiving!!

I've done my online Black Friday Lego shopping, just now, so I'm done and getting ready for work.

Have a great day everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:52 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Nevermind earlier statement. Day ended pretty well :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:31 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Ah, I wish I were in my home state so I could go Black Friday Lego shopping. I might be able to fit a few Lego sets in my bags, but if I did it would mean leaving my clothes behind. :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:48 pm 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

Thanksgiving isn't commonly celebrated here, but belatedly happy day to y'all anyway!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:18 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

So today I was sitting behind a minivan at a red light.. The back windshield of this minivan was covered in dust/dirt, you could barely see through it.
So my friend elects to jump out of my car, run up to the minivan, and draw a giant smiley face in the windshield then run back to my car.
It was pretty epic. Everyone in the van was freaked out.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 31 of 100   [ 996 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 100  Next