It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: BF Galaxies Challenge 3: parts 1 & 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:37 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Primary Challenge:
Important Discovery

Leirani and her small team were sent out to investigate a size-able energy reading along the south band of the mountain belt. What they found was astonishing ... a lab the actually grew the Bion-energy crystals they had learned to use for power ...

crystal without backlighting

Post subject: Re: BF Galaxies Challenge 3: parts 1 & 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:44 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Hey, that looks really cool. Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for blue, but the idea behind it it pretty different. It reminds me of those home grown crystal sets we bought our daughter a few years ago. Are those blue leaves the same color as the LEGO trans blue? They almost look like the trans medium blue that are UV sensitive that I love. Regardless, I need to make an order sometime in the future for the mixed winter set.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:02 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Secondary Challenge:
An enemy or alien

The Observation deck upon the CyBolt Spacesub V:

"Commander Rednamoc," the small Cybian interrupted, "after our last mass contact we depleted our Bion-energy crystal reserves below recoverable limits ... the recorder shows that our supply on Ruj should be near harvesting."
"Hmm," came a low grumble that sent shivers along the Cybian's nerons. "Hmm," Rednamoc continued as he pulled up the latest space charts, "prepare for light travel." Turning to look at the small cyborg infront of him he added, "Good catch Acquisitioner. We'll travel at an even pace to not deplete the remaining crystals."
Turning back to the galaxy map he finished with, "It has been a rutenc of cycles since out last visit," a deep chuckle rumbled from the cyborg. "Who knows what we may find."

the lower deck of the observation bridge:
right side
left side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:15 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Quickblade wrote:
Hey, that looks really cool. Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for blue, but the idea behind it it pretty different. It reminds me of those home grown crystal sets we bought our daughter a few years ago. Are those blue leaves the same color as the LEGO trans blue? They almost look like the trans medium blue that are UV sensitive that I love. Regardless, I need to make an order sometime in the future for the mixed winter set.

Yes, the leaves are from the winter set at altBricks. It matches great with all the BF trans items and Lego crystals. Pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:58 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Neat. The modding job on that arm is interesting. Is it the same length as the other arm? I know the robot arm piece is longer anyways. I think I'm starting to see a theme here with your MOC's. Cool background btw ;) Did you print those out?. I could have sent you one without all the added stuff. As for the leaves in the first pic, I know they are alt Bricks, what I wondered is if they are UV sensitive like trans medium blue?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:27 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Thanks!
The modded arm ... is about a 'hand's' length longer.
The trans blue leaves - I do not know. I currently don't own a black light to test it.
The background ... yes, I printed out two. I thought it would be cool with the sectors and all, since the MOC is for the BF Galaxy deal. :o)
I am trying to create a 'themebased - story' to help give the MOC and minfigs meaning.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]