Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:37 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 193 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whose 50th Meaningless Thread Is It Anyway: Scene From a
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:45 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

My guess is that if the Lone Ranger line is popular, there will be more Western sets. Remember how PoP was followed by Pharaoh's Quest? Western got 10,000 votes on Cuusoo.

Also, just read about the Ninjago replacement: Legends of Chima.

Gods, no. Just no. Please no. "Speedorz?" Really? Ninjago wasn't horrible, but just the names and descriptions for "Chima" make me ill. They're reduced to internet spellings for ninja/Orient sets now? And the one fig released looks awful, and like the whole theme will be filled with furries instead of classic figs.

Also, did anyone hear about Galazy Squad? It sounds very Starship Troopers, and since that is one of my favorite movies, I couldn't be happier. It also seems based on the Cuusoo Powered Assault Commando theme, which I followed throughout its development.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:56 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
@Napo - Look on the bright side, if you dislike Legends of Chima, that's less sets to spread out your hobby money on. I am hoping for useful parts and if the line is craptastic, they will be reduced prices sooner than later, which means lower aftermarket prices as well. I heard about Galazy Squad. It's like an anti-A-Team theme where they don't do any jobs because they don't feel like picking up the phone.... |D Ok, Seriously, I heard about it and it sounds like it might be cool. I expect some of the Series 7 Galaxy Trooper or whatever he was called with a different color scheme. Definitely sounds like they are fighting some type of bug type of enemy. I'm looking forward to the possibilities.

I left my lights on at work yesterday and drained my battery. Good thing for me my friend had jumper cables. I'm angry about forgetting to turn them off. Stupid construction zones.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:11 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

@BioBear: You just can't win with that car man. Mayhaps the car gods are mad at you for getting a Mazda? :oP

@Upcoming LEGO themes:As stated before, I'm not to big a fan of a western theme but I am hoping that such a theme leads to new parts, or new colors, or an easy way to score some cool parts like with PoP.

As for Chima, I'll wait to see the sets or at least see official release pictures. I said the same thing about Ninjago and it really had some great sets or parts in sets. And while the fig heads may look like junk now, new torso prints are always a good thing and the heads may be better than expected. If nothing else, custom Thundercats figs!

Galaxy Squad? Onward to the Internets for information and glory!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:47 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

I hope that the set list for the Lone Ranger that has appeared on BrickSet is accurate, because if it is, I'll be getting multiples of the US Cavalry Army builder sets and Commanche sets to increase my currently rather meager Lone Star Republic Army and Republic of Lakota Army ranks.

As for the Legends of Chima and Galaxy Squad... I might get a set or two of Chima, if it appeals to me and/or I can use the figures for anything. According to the discussion going on at Eurobricks, one of the sets has a large boat hull in sand/olive green, which would be perfect for me to make a heavy Corvette for the Grand Duchy of New York or the Hordes of Chaos to go up against my frigates...

Galaxy Squad, I'm going to be on like stink on poop if the insectoids look halfways decent (I'm always looking for more aliens) and some of the odd-ball colored G-squad members and their ships would be good for various factions (the rumored lime green guys would be great additions to the Hordes of Chaos as followers of Nurgle and the Purple would work for Slaneesh worshipers)..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:46 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
@BioBear: You just can't win with that car man. Mayhaps the car gods are mad at you for getting a Mazda? :oP

Sure can't, man. I hate it :9
Drill this weekend, and I'm in a really lazy mood and I don't feel like going. Oh well, I'll just suffer through it. It's only a day and a quarter.
...What sucks is me and my buddy never got our assignment done. That's going to be awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:08 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

The TMNT's will debut in Oct 13th at the NY Rockerfeller Center's Lego store, and be released late Dec into January. I received a VIP's announcement about them today.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:12 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I saw the first Chima set pictures.

Gods, no. :9 It looks way worse than Ninjago.

I was building last night, and I built a cottage in the Derfel Cadarn style. My best cottage ever. :D It has a waterwheel of my design and I'm trying to build some stuff up around it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:43 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

No posts...

So, I just got the Tarzan and Dare-Devil Collectable Minifigs, two I really wanted.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:38 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Napoleon wrote:
I was building last night, and I built a cottage in the Derfel Cadarn style. My best cottage ever. :D It has a waterwheel of my design and I'm trying to build some stuff up around it.

Cool

Napoleon wrote:
So, I just got the Tarzan and Dare-Devil Collectable Minifigs, two I really wanted.

and cool!

I finally have a Sat that wasn't full of chores, and since I spent Monday in my Lego room - I opted to play videogames today. It's nice to have a day that 'doesn't matter', know what I mean, very nice.

edit: put a piece in the mC skteches thread for the interested ... :o)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:36 am 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

@Napo: A cottage in Derfel style? Post it, man!

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 193 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196 ... 200  Next