Forum lockedPost a reply Page 192 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whose 50th Meaningless Thread Is It Anyway: Scene From a
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:30 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
I grew up on the early 2000's TMNT, the old movies, and the new movie. This looks too... cartoony, maybe? I dunno, there is just something about it that's off. And the more I look at the wolfman guy, the more I hate that fig. Those arms are awful. Worse: it looks like the arms have elbow joints. :\
I grew up on the original cartoon series from the late 80's and early 90's, the old movies, and (showing my dorkiness from an early age) the Radio City Music Hall concert. While the cartoony faces aren't bad, that wolf thing is an abomination and I have no idea what that yellow thing on wheels is but it is certainly not the Party Wagon.

Evidently the wolf thing is "Dogpound." If you think it's hideous now, look at this:

Shredder is the only nice looking one, IMO. I really hate Don's gap teeth and Mikey's obnoxious face. I mean, Mikey looks more like a "Pre-Puberty Mutant Ninja Turtle." But Dogpound takes the cake. That might be the ugliest fig ever. It doesn't even look like LEGO at all... People online call the show a "b***ardized Nickelodeon version." :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:01 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Oh, I've seen all these pictures; been looking at them most of the day actually. But yes, that angle really shows how bad that "Dogpound" fig really is. Personally, I think the Shredder and Foot Clan figs are pretty nice. The Shredder fig definitely takes the cake in the series but the Foot Member's torso and head could come in handy for any ninja clan, as well as assassin figs and the like.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:36 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Yeah, the Foot Clan torso is nice, not huge on the head though. I just hate bald figs in general.

What did they call those power suits with the pink aliens in their stomachs, again? I remember watching numerous episodes with Master Yoshi being involved with them.

EDIT: And did anyone see how it looks like Lone Ranger sets are coming? I'm personally very excited about that, actually.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:58 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Hey, I just noticed that the Foot Ninja is completely different on the box. Which is the real one?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:46 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Perhaps there are different prints for the Foot Clan? Or the box art is just a mock-up and "may not resemble actual finished product".

As for the pink brain aliens in suits, no clue what they were called, but that particular brain alien is probably Krang.

Oh, and regarding Lone Ranger sets: meh. I'm not a westerns fan so unless something truely amazing is in the film/sets, or some great parts in new/useful colors, I couldn't care less.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:08 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

So I've decided that once I sell my Beretta for like 4-500, I'm gonna buy a Ruger 10/22 and an Archangel Nomad kit for it. Yeah, it's still a .22, but it looks awesome and it's cheap ammuniton, fun for plinking :9
In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, the Nomad kit turns this
into this
:}

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:49 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Machetero wrote:
Perhaps there are different prints for the Foot Clan? Or the box art is just a mock-up and "may not resemble actual finished product".
As for the pink brain aliens in suits, no clue what they were called, but that particular brain alien is probably Krang.
Oh, and regarding Lone Ranger sets: meh. I'm not a westerns fan so unless something truely amazing is in the film/sets, or some great parts in new/useful colors, I couldn't care less.

True, the mock ups aren't always what comes to the consumer ...

Ah, Lone Ranger eh, I wonder if it'll be off the movie theme coming or from the 'old' story base. It's been a while since they did the Western theme - they're due back. I'll have to grab some of the cooler sets for my son Tyrel, since I'm giving him all of my Western collection. :o)

FYI: tis the season for Many people to get sick ... hope everyone stays well ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:07 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I believe the Lone Ranger sets will be based on the new movie coming out. Another Disney licensed theme so my guess is for a similar one wave series like Prince of Persia.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:37 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Looking at the TMNT figures, I'm think they are alright. The turtles look good. I'd like them to have patterns similar to Leo, but I understand mixing them up. I'm surprised they didn't just make a pre-fab nunchuku for Mikey. Donatello's quarter staff would have been better served with a brown lightsaber hilt. Foot clan ninja isn't horrible, Shredder would be better with BF claws or vambraces, and Krang could be used a a generic comic book villain. Splinter and Dogpound are absolutely horrible. I'll be interested in what this line brings to the BL market, but will steer clear from buying sets unless is is a polybag set or something with a cool fig.

@Lone Ranger - Yea, I think it'll be based off the movie like Machetero said. Prob a one off line like Prince of Persia too. That line ended up coming out with some really cool pieces, so I am interested. The most exciting prospect for me is that there should be more new style horses. Hopefully they won't be too character specific, though I imagine Tonto's and even the Lone Ranger's will be. But the chance that there will be other colored horses and the newer style is exciting. Plus this might open the door to some cool western pieces.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:51 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Holy crap this Mazda is the worst luck ever when it comes to registration.
Yesterday, couldn't get it inspected by the sheriffs (Have to get inspected because of salvage title) because the bill of sale had my dads name on it and my name was on the title. So we had to track down the sellers and have them sign another bill of sale.
Today, I go BACK to the DMV to get it inspected after fixing the bill of sale, and that goes by no problem. Then I get to the window, after waiting in line for 20 minutes, and they notice that she printed her name on the title, didn't sign it. So I have to track her down again, get it signed, and stand in line AGAIN.
ARE YOU #*@$&@#@ING @#@& GOD @*#@$% @(!_)) @#$*@ KIDDING ME. WHY THE &@$% COULDN'T YOU NOTICE THAT YESTERDAY, SO I COULD GET IT ALL DONE AT ONCE, YOU )@%*&ING &^% !~$& !#*@$^.

Rage mode over, thank you, that is all.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 192 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195 ... 200  Next