Forum lockedPost a reply Page 190 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whose 50th Meaningless Thread Is It Anyway: Scene From a
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:29 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

sentinal133 wrote:
Biohazard wrote:
So I got the Forza Horizon demo this morning (First thing, actually) and I have to say I'm pretty excited about it.

Does it still have the customization the rest do?

Not in the Demo, at least. I'm sure they will. As you drive around free roam, there are red "Upgrade" signs you can smash into that give you 1% off upgrades, and there are 100 of them total. So I'm sure upgrades will be included, just not in the demo. I'm pretty happy with the gameplay so far. It's free roam, it's got a day/night cycle, and you can drive offroad down gravel paths. At night! Plus its got Forza mechanics, so it all feels pretty good. Other "Events" that were in the demo were a race where you drove a '70 Mustang Boss, and you were racing to checkpoints against a P51 Mustang. So there are some pretty fun challenges to be had, it would seem. The other two were your regular races, one on the street in a new Viper, and one on a gravel path in a Mitsubishi Evo.

@Hikaro: I'm sorry to hear about the passing, but they both sound like awesome people.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:19 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I'm sorry to hear about the passing
Hikaro Takayama wrote:
My mom found a letter from my great-grandfather mentioning that he was in the Rainbow Division during WWI, which fought in the Meuse-Argonne Offensive and at the Marne. I never knew this about my Great-Grandfather or that my great-uncle was a bombardier during WWII....

When you say Rainbow, do you mean the 42nd Rainbow Division? I had a great uncle in that unit during WWII.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:16 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Powered Assault Commando wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about the passing
Hikaro Takayama wrote:
My mom found a letter from my great-grandfather mentioning that he was in the Rainbow Division during WWI, which fought in the Meuse-Argonne Offensive and at the Marne. I never knew this about my Great-Grandfather or that my great-uncle was a bombardier during WWII....

When you say Rainbow, do you mean the 42nd Rainbow Division? I had a great uncle in that unit during WWII.

The very same! I never knew that until now, although I do seem to remember my mom saying something about my great-grandfather having lung problems later in life due to being exposed to mustard gas.....

I'll try to take a pic of his WWI victory medal (well, Germany Occupation medal) as well as my great-uncle's bombardier wings... Apparently they actually made those kind of pins out of real silver back in WWII, because his pin says "sterling" on the back. 8o

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:52 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

You know, it's a very good thing I don't have a camaro or a firebird or a skyline.
Because I'm in one of those down moods where I think going about 160+ would solve my problems for a few seconds.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:24 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Bio: well, glad you don't ... but so sorry 'bout the downer ...

@Hikaro: family history can be such a cool thing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:44 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

In celebration of Halo 4 coming out soon I sketched this, I think it is some of my best work yet.

Attachments:
TheChief-Halo4photo'ded.jpg
TheChief-Halo4photo'ded.jpg [ 224.33 KiB | Viewed 698 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:10 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Wow. That is spectacular. You might be a pro artist some day. :D

@HT: If you sell those silver medals I will punch you out. :P J/k, I know you wouldn't, but I've seen some morons...

Meanwhile, I'm thinking of taking an inventory of every LEGO set I own. Huge task, but it'd be fun. Count the sets, I mean, not individual pieces. :9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:25 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Napoleon wrote:
@HT: If you sell those silver medals I will punch you out. :P J/k, I know you wouldn't, but I've seen some morons...

Yeah, like I'd ever do that! I'm getting a flag case for the flag from my great uncle's funeral and incorporating the medal into the case somehow, and probably also getting a small plaque engraved for it. Furthermore, I'm getting his WWI-era picture of him in his uniform framed, and I'll be hanging them both in a prominent place in my new house (whenever I finally get it). I'd also like to make a shadow box or something similar with an engraved plaque for my great-grandfather's medal.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:33 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
Napoleon wrote:

Yeah, like I'd ever do that! I'm getting a flag case for the flag from my great uncle's funeral and incorporating the medal into the case somehow, and probably also getting a small plaque engraved for it. Furthermore, I'm getting his WWI-era picture of him in his uniform framed, and I'll be hanging them both in a prominent place in my new house (whenever I finally get it). I'd also like to make a shadow box or something similar with an engraved plaque for my great-grandfather's medal.

That's an awesome thing to do. I'm sure he'd be proud that you would do that.

And heck, believe it or not I saw someone sell their grandfather's Napoleonic British dragoon helmet. 0_9

EDIT: Totally unrelated, my beard is starting to look like a skinhead biker. *trims* :9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:13 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
@Khopesh - Cool drawing, looks good.

@Hikaro - That's awesome (except for the loss of a grandparent). I'd suggest getting copies of the pictures and putting the original in a fireproof safe somewhere. In a recent discussion with my brother we talked about who would get what belongings (especially the photos) when our mom and dad passes (not a pleasant topic, but one that needs thought about), and he came up with that idea.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 190 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193 ... 200  Next