Change font size
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:20 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 188 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whose 50th Meaningless Thread Is It Anyway: Scene From a
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:11 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Hi all it's been a while. Life, the Universe and everything got in the way for a while. I unfortunately forgot my towel and had to take the long way back. I also had a small bout of disgust with Brickforge as ANOTHER one of my flexible elements broke a month after placing it on a figure used for a display and not for play. I'm over that now obviously. I come back with a question for everyone, is there a website out there like Firestar Toys, but located in the USA?

Thanks and hope to be on more often now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:21 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I'm sure BF would be delighted to help you replace that broken part. They're awesome at customer service. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:18 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
@Napo - there is always BL for the Minotaurs. I got one at the store, and then bought the parts for 8 more off BL. You can get a whole fig for under $2 I'm pretty sure.

@Arcanamachi - I wondered where you had gone to. The BF soft plastic items do tend to break after a while if they are stretched for extended periods of time. I had a set of reigns crack :( I think in the future you will see BF getting away from using the soft plastic items. As for places like Firestar Toys, there are a few sites like those, but the names escape me atm. I think Toy Wiz is similar.

I played around with my Alt Bricks leaves today and I really like how they look. I noticed that they seem to be slightly off as far at size goes. It just means using a different way to connect them than I'm used to. Even though I have found a few details about the product that aren't perfect, I still give them my stamp of approval. Now all I have to do is add some figs with BF to make it complete. The BF mushrooms look great with them ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:32 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I definitely need to start BL'ing. Can you recommend a camera, QB? I have 150-160 dollars I'm willing to spend, but I'd prefer cheaper.

I have a number of soft BF pieces, and they've held up great. One holster loop is a little "strained" looking, but it's still sturdy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:59 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Napo - There are some very nice cameras for under $150 if you are looking for just regular picture taking. We have both a Cannon and a Kodiak, and they work great for regular picture taking and the Macro feature is great for Lego. We aren't really impressed with the night time shots, but it all depends on what you want to use it for. Lighting is really the key when taking photos. Do a lil research before you jump into one.

I posted my star-fighter side by side comparison. I threw them up on Brickshelf until I get a nice enough photo to share on Flickr. Also forgot to mention a few other things.... yesterday I tore down by minifig scaled size board game I built about 5 years ago. No one played it and I really didn't have any good set of rules. I liked how it had interactive pieces like trap doors, multi levels, and spinning platforms for boss characters and the treasure. To bad it wasn't as well recieved as I'd hope, but I think it had a lot to do with the pictures not doing it justice and my lack of explaining how everything worked. Here's a reminder look:

Also, when I was putting my new Alt Brick leaves on my MOC, I used my new LEGO dice to decide what colored leaves to put on the branches :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:23 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Kodak's Z612 is a very nice camera. It's normally a bit more high-price, but I got mine on ebay for $40, refurbished. It's been pretty heavily abused and it still works better than some brand new ones.

edit: And my xbox now refuses to start. No RRoD, just nothing. The RRoD would be better I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:19 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Hey guys!

Quickblade, glad to hear you like the custom parts you got.

Also, this will be appearing in the Mason's den in the near future... Too tired to do a write-up on it tonight.
Undead Assault Vehicle, Left Side by Hikaro Takayama, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:54 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@ Arcanamachi: good to see you!

@QBlade: I have one too, and broke it down last summer I think. Mine was a team Powered Assault Commando game :o)

Today: Today, I have an AM appt, need to do a little housework, and then I plan on finishing uncluttering my Lego room. I'm also hoping to move quick enough to actually get my LoTR sets made and displayed ... hoping to get pics taken during daylight hours, and if time moves to my speed put up a couple of reviews on my fav pieces ...
Here's hoping! and rule #1: do Not answer the phone ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:06 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Thanks everyone it's been entirely too long. I really haven't been able to make any progress on my two main Lego projects; The Libris (a spaceship) and The Sharga Estate (a Japanese styled house). My next Brickforge order "should" assist me in finishing about 5 figures. I hope everyone's having a good day off today IF you get today off. I'm going back to arguing with Facebook and my wish list here on Brickforge.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:05 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Hikaro - Looking good. Kinda like the anti-Echo1.

I need some building opinions. I'm redoing the Camouflage Outpost with my new autumn colored leaves, plus some alterations, and I'm not sure whether to make it elf themed or forest men themed. Either way, there will be lots of BF included.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 188 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191 ... 200  Next