It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 187 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whose 50th Meaningless Thread Is It Anyway: Scene From a
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:50 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Learned a lesson today.
On my way to my friends house to drop him off, Me and my friend almost got hit by a truck who changed lanes without looking. Luckily, I have decent brakes. And a middle finger. Anywho. Narrowly avoided, me and my friend were pretty pissed off at him, that we almost got hit.
Then on my way back home from my friends house after dropping him off, I saw a really bad accident, on the same stretch of road where we almost got hit. Both lanes were closed off by a firetruck, there were two ambulances with another one coming down a side road, and a ton of police officers. The front windshield of the car I could see was totally shattered, the front end was just messed up, and it was surrounded by paramedics. Did not look good at all. Hopefully everyones okay though.

Lesson? Always be thankful for things narrowly avoided instead of being angry that something 'almost' happened.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:43 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Machetero wrote:
I have no real use for them, but the Dark Purple keeps calling to me...

Yup, me too - me too

Machetero wrote:
Also, just noticed that if the 3 rather old MTs that are still on the forums were to get deleted like all the others, my post count would be so rediculously low.

and yeah, it happens to all of us whose largest concentration of posts are here :o)

@Bio: a very good lesson, a very good one indeed. Glad it wasn't you guys.

@Hikaro: so sorry ... what a pain ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:54 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

minfigCharmed wrote:
Machetero wrote:
Also, just noticed that if the 3 rather old MTs that are still on the forums were to get deleted like all the others, my post count would be so rediculously low.

and yeah, it happens to all of us whose largest concentration of posts are here :o)
I'm highly amused that I'm a fairly regular visitor to the forums (in fact, I may be on here more than just about anyone as I check in all night long while I'm awake) but have a super low post count. Quality over quantity? :o&

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:56 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

My 360 is currently refusing to read any new discs. Old discs work fine, but new, clean discs give me read errors if they read at all.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:54 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Machetero wrote:
minfigCharmed wrote:
Machetero wrote:

I'm highly amused that I'm a fairly regular visitor to the forums (in fact, I may be on here more than just about anyone as I check in all night long while I'm awake) but have a super low post count. Quality over quantity? :o&

funny how that works :o)

sentinal133 wrote:
My 360 is currently refusing to read any new discs. Old discs work fine, but new, clean discs give me read errors if they read at all.

That's not cool ...

So, since I have a 'day off' on Monday, Columbus day and all, I'm hoping to spend it in my Lego world. I want to finish putting away the pieces I washed (from the Pirate Isle), build my LoTR sets (yes sets), try to get some photo reviews for the forum - if I can get my aging camera to work, and finally plan my next diorama ... Hobbit Villa ...
as with all good plans, here's hoping ...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:49 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
@Hikaro - That sucks about the house. I remember how long they screwed around with us being able to move in and everything. We ended up having to wait until the 20th of Oct, when we were hoping it would be in August, and then I remember having a few extra days to wait because of some stupid thing from the bank.

I spent a good part of yesterday altering a star fighter I had built a very long time ago. I might have to take side by side shots before I tear the old one down finally. The new color scheme fits my BF Galaxies faction, and it has way more fire power. Over all, I am very happy about the change, even if there were a few features I had to sacrifice. The best part is, I'm 99% sure I can make 3 of the same identical ship (minus one color change) I might need a few suggestions from the crew on here before I call it final.

I beat The Amazing Spider-Man the other night too. It's a really cool game.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:10 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@QBlade: its nice to give things upgrades, can't wait to see it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:15 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Nice, QB! Can't wait to see it....

In related news, to help deal with frustration yesterday, I decided to take out my Vampyre Hearse set and give it a good re-working to turn it into an undead military transport, but still keep the overall aesthetics of the Hearse. I'm quite happy with how it turned out (it can fit five figures in the back, two up front and one in the heavy MG turret up top).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:40 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
My Alt Bricks order came in today. I should do some sort of review once I have something built (*side rant coming). Here are my initial thoughts :

Cons: More rigid than official pieces, thus more likely to break or show stress marks.
Approx color count was off as I got 2 less of the dark red and orange than the estimated count.
Connectivity is firm, which is good for attaching to bricks, but the brittleness of the pieces make for a difficult separation. Also the holes on the bigger studs do not allow for a bar to be secure through it.

Pros: They look fantastic and match the LEGO look very well.
Color count was off, but I received 4 extra "leaves" and 7 extra "weeds"
Did I mention how long I've waited for someone to do this!? :9

I'm really happy with this and besides being worried about the pieces being so brittle, I feel as if I made a very good purchase. I am angry that I didn't check the mail until 9 PM which means it sat there for over 6 hrs. So glad I got them before BC this weekend. I'll have to give a better in depth review later.

*side rant: You tube reviews. I'm not going to single anyone out, because I realize that it's much easier said than done, and I have yet to show I can do better. One thing that just drives me up a ****ing wall is seeing reviews where the focus is crappy, the terminology is incorrect for simple things, and there seems to be no plan as to what one is saying. It has really prompted me to do a review on items where there is some thought involved into what I am reviewing. Research!!!....how hard is it? Go on BL and look up the terms and then tell people where you got the terms from. Think about what you want to say and have some sort of game plan. And lastly, EDIT if you have the capabilities. I just go crazy when I see hands getting in the way of the object with the camera moving everywhere and out of focus, with the kid mumbling that he doesn't know what a part is called.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:23 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Picked up a Series 5 Redcoat (yes, my Walmart still has series 5), series 7 Neptune and series 7 Aztec. Not a bad haul. My WM still doesn't seem to have series 6, and I really want a minotaur. :\

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 187 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 ... 200  Next