Change font size
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:19 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Brickforge Galaxies Challenge 2 - All Parts
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:29 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Primary:
…#WIco Pknfvls ksojo iOkjen... Encryption disabled...

Rugged, spacious, sleek, and quick when it needs to be, the Monyit Geela Industries Armored Multi-Personnel Hover Transport, or A.M.P.Ho.T., is the workhorse of the on-planet fleet on Ixthula. Capable of reaching speeds near 35 Jinkha per Thrip and hovering over 100 Kuthal, the A.M.P.Ho.T. often comes in handy when larger groups, generally personnel, need to be moved quickly and quietly or on any sort of “official” business.

The majority of the A.M.P.Ho.T. fleet are the newest models, the Mk 5. The one specifically assigned to Dreks Squad is a Mk 1, referred to as “Haylund Besaan”*, that should have been decommissioned 25 cycles ago. The Old Man has put in for an upgrade once every half-cycle for as long as he has been the Caab Eeblus**. I’m fairly certain the Council just thinks of it as a joke at this point. The rest of the Squad is fairly certain they could build a better replacement from the cast off and damaged parts in the hangar bay.

++Pic of the A.M.P.Ho.T. to be found HERE++

Secondary Challenge A:

Name:______Information Redacted_____ AKA: The Old Man
Height: 16.7 Kuthal (Roughly 6’2”)
Weight: 9.6 Dreel (Roughly 190 Lbs)
Race: Ixthum Set
Occupation: Caab Eeblus (“Demon’s Head”; Commanding Officer of Hunters); Formerly: Hunter - Pelat
Homeworld: Originally unknown planet in outer reaches of galaxy; Currently resides on Ixthula, a planet at edge of Alliance controlled space

...Akwje89sd JVOWE klicv90... Encryption disabled...

The Old Man ignoring you is often far better than the Old Man taking an interest in you. The Old Man has had an interest in me for as long as I can remember. During my schooling he often “just happened” to be present for test days. Often he would set the parameters significantly higher when it was my turn. On more than one occasion his “interest” almost killed me.

Before he was the Caab he was a Pelat, and before he was a Pelat he was just another Ixthum Set. The Old Man was a very young boy when our people first came to this planet. Because our people were essentially slaves, and his family were working fields in the highlands, his early “schooling” took place in the mountains and caves not too far from the fields they worked. By the time he had seen 8 harvests and could work the fields, he could hunt and climb better than most can walk. Our people rose up before the next harvest; it was the first time the Old Man’s skills were put to the test.

Secondary Challenge B:

...Mmeid AIe vie;39f... Encryption disabled...

For the majority of the inhabitants of Ixthula the two primary modes of transportation, other than simply walking, are either by hoverbike or baarkah’keypaas#. Hoverbikes tend to be favored by those who need to only travel alone and don’t have much to carry, though some can be outfitted with various means of storage. They also tend to be the more maneuverable and faster mode of transportation. Baarkah’keypaas are favored by many doing their business in the major districts in the heavily populated marshland, often to transport good as well as larger groups of people.

The most popular of the hoverbikes found on Ixthula are from Xcalabur^ Designs. Highly customizable, sleek, fairly compact, and quite fast, these bikes are used by all walks of life who can afford them or can in other ways “acquire” them.

++The hoverbike can be seen HERE

^My hoverbike design is heavily influenced by the hoverbikes of Xcalabur/Chris Maddison.

Post subject: Re: Brickforge Galaxies Challenge 2 - All Parts
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:09 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Interesting, and very nice.
It'll be cool to see how all these pieces work out together.

Oddly, I really like the door and this photo angle as well. :o)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:17 am 
Swage Fitter
Swage Fitter

Good for you getting all you're entries in on time! I'm not going to be able to enter, as I actually joined these forums in the middle of this month. ;9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:56 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Really cool man. I like how the vehicles are used in a setting, rather than just a stand alone MOC. The Old Man looks really cool with his combos. The head you chose is especially cool because it seems like it was made specifically for you're storyline.

@MasterChi4f - look at the info in the Scriptorium and if you want to join, let us know. It's really never too late to join.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:57 pm 
Swage Fitter
Swage Fitter

Quickblade wrote:
Really cool man. I like how the vehicles are used in a setting, rather than just a stand alone MOC. The Old Man looks really cool with his combos. The head you chose is especially cool because it seems like it was made specifically for you're storyline.

@MasterChi4f - look at the info in the Scriptorium and if you want to join, let us know. It's really never too late to join.

Ok cool! I'll get to brainstorming then.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:07 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Thanks!

@minfigCharmed: If you look at the photos for this challenge in a certain way, there actually is a small story being told. As for the bigger picture of Galaxies, we'll just have to wait and see I guess. Oh! Regarding the door: It's from one of the new City Mining sets. Picked up the door and a few other pieces in a Grab Bag at my local LEGO Store.

@MasterChi4f: Yeah, if I wanted it in on time, last night was the night to do it for me. Hooray for me being up late nights! Also, as Quickblade stated, it's never too late to join, and the more the merrier.

@Quickblade: I'm much more of a scene/building builder than a vehicle builder. Plus, I feel the scene helps tell a story, and give some sort of persepective on the size and use of everything else. As for the Old Man, I actually went looking on Bricklink for heads, saw that one and thought it would be exactly what I wanted for him. Then I remembered I had that head somewhere in my collection sitting in the storage unit!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:12 pm 
Swage Fitter
Swage Fitter

Machetero wrote:
Thanks!

@minfigCharmed: If you look at the photos for this challenge in a certain way, there actually is a small story being told. As for the bigger picture of Galaxies, we'll just have to wait and see I guess. Oh! Regarding the door: It's from one of the new City Mining sets. Picked up the door and a few other pieces in a Grab Bag at my local LEGO Store.

@MasterChi4f: Yeah, if I wanted it in on time, last night was the night to do it for me. Hooray for me being up late nights! Also, as Quickblade stated, it's never too late to join, and the more the merrier.

@Quickblade: I'm much more of a scene/building builder than a vehicle builder. Plus, I feel the scene helps tell a story, and give some sort of persepective on the size and use of everything else. As for the Old Man, I actually went looking on Bricklink for heads, saw that one and thought it would be exactly what I wanted for him. Then I remembered I had that head somewhere in my collection sitting in the storage unit!

School keeps me from staying up too late, as I have to go to bed on time to make sure I'm not tired when I get up early in the morning.

Just finished my vehicle this afternoon. Now I'll make my fig.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:23 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

MasterChi4f wrote:
Machetero wrote:
Thanks!

School keeps me from staying up too late, as I have to go to bed on time to make sure I'm not tired when I get up early in the morning.

Make sure you connect with QBlade, he'll let you know which faction you'll be joining and anything special regarding 'first rounders'.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:07 pm 
Swage Fitter
Swage Fitter

minfigCharmed wrote:
MasterChi4f wrote:
Machetero wrote:
Thanks!

Make sure you connect with QBlade, he'll let you know which faction you'll be joining and anything special regarding 'first rounders'.

Ok thanks. I'll PM him now.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]