Change font size
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:22 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]

What is your favorite art work for the 2012 DOOMSDAY packs?
BUGOUT 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
FALLOUT 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Zombie Defense 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Wasteland Drifter 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Alien Attack 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: DOOMSDAY artwork poll
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:08 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Throughout this year, BrickForge has offered 5 different exclusive packs to convention goers at different locations. Artist Greg Hyland has created the artwork for the DOOMSDAY 2012 packs. We want to know which is your favorite piece of artwork. Feel free to comment or just vote. Here is a look back at the 5 choices.

Image BrickMagic
Image Brickworld
ImageBrickExpo and Brickfête
ImageBrickFair
ImageBrickCon

Post subject: Re: DOOMSDAY artwork poll
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:09 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

This is a pretty hard thing to vote on for me. Artisitically, they are all great. The artist did a fantastic job of capturing all of the Brickforge pieces that come in the packs, as well as conveying action and even some drama. As for the subject matter of each, I'd say my favorites are Zombie Defense, because I love zombie related things, and Alien Attack, because it reminds me of the opening scene of Star Wars: A New Hope. Then there is content of the packs themselves. The Fallout pack had that great GITD spill piece, Wasteland Drifter has that helmet/mask combo, and the Shock Trooper gear looks amazing in the Alien Attack pack. I really can't decide on a favorite.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:02 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Machetero wrote:
This is a pretty hard thing to vote on for me. Artisitically, they are all great. The artist did a fantastic job of capturing all of the Brickforge pieces that come in the packs, as well as conveying action and even some drama. As for the subject matter of each, I'd say my favorites are Zombie Defense, because I love zombie related things, and Alien Attack, because it reminds me of the opening scene of Star Wars: A New Hope. Then there is content of the packs themselves. The Fallout pack had that great GITD spill piece, Wasteland Drifter has that helmet/mask combo, and the Shock Trooper gear looks amazing in the Alien Attack pack. I really can't decide on a favorite.

Agreed, they all look fantastic! I like how they show different 'events' in chaos; but if I must choose ... I'm going with the amazing Shock Trooper gear.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:21 pm 
Swage Fitter
Swage Fitter

Well, there isn't really a wrong choice to be made here. All of this artwork is very impressive. I do like FALLOUT, as the artwork focuses on a very run down city, that I can imagine being overrun with toxic fumes, smells, and spills. It adds a dramatic feel and I think it suits the figure well. For these reasons, I'm voting for FALLOUT.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:19 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
I voted Alien Attack. I think what drew me to this one was that the Shock Trooper armor is being worn by the "bad guys" instead of the good and that the "bad guys" are actual reptilian underneath. It was a nice twist. I really liked Zombie Defense because of how "video game" like it looks, and Bug Out because I own that piece of artwork.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]