Change font size
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:51 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: BF Galaxies Character: Nathan Alexander Reynolds-Union
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:57 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sorry it is late. I been busy, I know Challenge one is over, but I wanted to get my character out there anyway.

Captain Nathan Alexander Reynolds:
And Alien Monster sidekick

Home World: Rura-Vega
Rura-Vega's only real value was being rich in Deuterium Ore, but with the recent discovery of the Forge Star, it has a sound tactical value due to being on the outer edge of Union territories near the Star. Now, the western like mining posts around the planet have been joined by Union Military Bases and Logistical support facilities.

Back Story:
Nathan was born on the small mining colony of Rura Vega. At the time, the colony was just a backwater planet on the frontier of space. Up until has early 20s he helped his family around the colony, but he soon went on to run errands for locals. Delivering the miscellaneous item here and there, he quickly learned the best travel routs around the little planet. One day there was a small skirmish between an unknown Alien race and a Union Patrol group, the small battle left most of the Union ships in very bad shape, having to limp back to a star port for 6 month repairs. All the Alien vessels were destroyed and the debris was collected for study, but a chunk of the mother-ship landed on the planet out in the wilderness.

::CAUTION:: The Following is classified under order of the Union Military Command.

On one Delivery Run Nathan found the wreckage, and returned later with a Megagun/laser chain saw. He started exploring the ship and looking for any good salvage. The remains of the vessel were strange, Like, he was inside a large creature, the walls were organic, and the ship smelled of burned flesh. He came to one door/membrane that seemed to be more re-in-forced than the rest of the ship. He cut it open with his laser sword, and was met by a large room filled with honeycomb pockets along the walls and ceiling. There were corpses of strange creatures littering the floor and hanging out of the spaces in the walls. He then heard a loud shrieking roar, he hid inside a collapsed pocket near the door and watched as a hand full of small creatures came out of other pockets and ran out the door. Followed by a larger monstrosity that seemed to be commanding them.

Nathan waited for the creatures to leave, and then her hurried outside and got into his Mule (a small hovercraft/pickup truck thing). He returned to his hometown but found it to be deserted. There were blood stains all around the buildings. Nathan headed inside the main mining facility, looking for any survivors. Inside he found a horrific gory mess, and was met by some of the small creatures. He fought his way through them until he reached the inner facilities. There he found the creatures piling bodies in a corner, and there was a small organic mass on the floor that seems to be a digestion pool, turning the bodies into simple Bio-matter. The large creatures stormed out of a hallway and charged Reynolds. He fought it off along with a hand full of the smaller creatures. After he killed the large one, her turned around and was face-to-face with one of the smaller ones. It's mouth was open, ready to strike, it's large clawed arm raised. But, it just stood there as if it didn't know what to do. Nathan lowered the weapon to his hip, and the creatures slowly closed it's mouth and sat down in a submissive stance.

:Reynolds fighting the creatures inside the Mining Facility.

After the encounter a Union Battle Group showed up in orbit of the planet. They took custody of the creature, and moved it and Reynolds away to a classified facility. There, they studied the live specimen and the remains of the others. Nathan was given the option of serving the Union or, going to a high security solitary confinement facility. Before he could answer, an alarm sounded, the creature had broken free of it's bonds and was rampaging through the halls. Security started evacuating the building, and before long, the creature had made it to the outer door. Reynolds along with some scientists and 2 security guards were trapped inside as the bulkhead sealed itself. The security personnel tried to subdue it (they were under orders to take it alive), but it killed 2 of them, and just as it was going to strike the third Nathan yelled for it to stop. It turned surprised and looked at him, he yelled for it to back off, the creature backed away and cowered in a corner.

General Information on: Nathan Alexander Reynolds.
Species: Human more or less, family background has a little bit of Alien DNA, from a previous relative from another species. Subject may have slight Telepathic abilities.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Dark Blue
Family: Deceased--Digested into Bio-Matter by the Alien Horrors.
Occupation: Union Special Operative, Runs various missions and special errands. Smuggling, information gathering, bounty hunting, etc.
Equipment/weapon of choice: Megagun, a customizable weapon that is fit for any occasion.

General Information on un-named Alien Life form
Species: currently referred to as a "Slasher-Morph" of the species currently referred to as the "Horrors"
Hair Color: None
Eyes Color: Eyes are a flat black, hidden behind a hard carapace on the head.
Family:Deceased, all other creatures were killed during the Rura-Vega Incident. It is unknown how many more of these creatures are out in space.
Occupation: Currently subservient to Operative Reynolds N. A. The specimen seems to follow him as it's leader, perhaps due to him besting it's previous overlord in combat.
The species seems to have a psychic link to other life forms, and can sense what their intentions are. It is assumed that the smaller creatures revert to barbaric animal behavior when not in the presence of a larger creature emitting a psychic command.
Equipment/weapon of choice:Large Scything talons that are in place of hands, sharp razor teeth, an extendable secondary mouth inside the main mouth, and hard carapace on it's head for bashing into targets when charging.

::END CLASSIFIED INFORMATION::

OK yeah, the character's name... lol. I didn't have many Ideas. :9

And yes, my space creatures are pretty much a mixture of Zerg, Xenomorphs, Tyranids, and Bio-Morphs.

Post subject: Re: BF Galaxies Character: Nathan Alexander Reynolds-Union
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:16 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Hey, that's pretty cool!! :) You made the deadline, because I had just logged in to post the new challenge, and you beat me to the punch. I like the back story and really like the brick built creature. Is the light saber hilt an attachment to the gun that has a function, or does it detach to make a laser sword?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:40 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Very Cool! and crazy creatures sidekick, very nice!
Also, love Captain Reynolds face!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:52 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks guys!
I just made the deadline huh? That was close. I was typing this out in-between helping customers and packing figure accessory packs. Then I fought with the BBcode because I wanted to put black censored blocks over the "Classified" stuff. I was getting tired of messing with the BBcode so I gave up on it, I guess that was good since I made the deadline.

The light saber hilt is meant to be the barrel to a gun portion, I think I like the larger design in the picture where he is fighting the creatures, as it looks to be easier to hold and the laser chainsaw is in a better position.

I was coming up short with ideas for a character, when I remembered I made him back in that old picture (the one where he is fighting the creatures, made that back in like 2009.) I remembered really liking the way he looked with the large Yellow Backpack and chrome blue helmet visor. So, I reused him and changed it up a little.
I then had no ideas for a sidekick, so I figured "Meh, why not. Just give him one of my Space Monsters and add some background story to it."

@MinifigCharmed
Thanks, I was trying to make something that would make people think "Tyranid, Zerg, or Xenomorph" but at the same time, not be a copy.
Yeah, I was breaking down figures from old sets trying to find a good face that wasn't used by a ton of other MOCs, and I found this on one of the World Racer guys.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]