Post subject: BF Galaxies Character: Napolon Kelar - Confederacy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:33 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

BF Galaxies Character: Napolon Kelar - Confederacy

Primary Character:

Name: Napolon Kelar

Home Planet: Oresh-Mador, Confederacy

Known For: Traditional slicked back Oresh-Madorian hairstyle, nervous habit of twitching his leg, has never ending streams of jokes, some good, some not, never curses, but constantly uses "replacements."

Background: Born on the Confederate planet of Oresh-Mador shortly before the end of the Second Oresh-Madorian Civil War, his parents Kaerlo and Letazia were both dead by the time he was two. He was sent to live with his uncle, Lovis Kelar, at his mansion near the planet capital. During the final year of conflict, everyone in his family except for himself and Lovis were killed. When the pro-Confederate government took power, he and Lovis sided with the new government. Bounties were out on several revolutionaries that were responsible for his family's deaths and he used his uncle's money to personally hunt them down and kill them. He discovered he was quite good at it and soon became a professional bounty hunter in service to the Confederacy.

Companion: Uncle Lovis takes care of Napolon's finances and arranges most business matters for him, but the two are usually millions of miles apart, with Napolon treading through seedy alleys in spaceports or traveling on his ship, the Letazia, while Lovis stays at his mansion on Oresh-Mador. However, Lovis has a special headset that enables him to communicate with his nephew (through Napolon's helmet) wherever he is. While, like most bounty hunters, Napolon usually works alone, he has partnered with Katha Mendlar usually to try to gain an advantage over their main competitors in the bounty hunting market: Allald Allar and Evell Hite. Katha is an infamous female bounty hunter whose charm and friendly personality hide the fact that she has laid waste to entire villages and cities.

Homeworld: Oresh-Mador went through a brutal 15 years of civil war as the local barons and dukes battled against the forces of the Confederacy. The planetary governor, Nald Bedar, is a classic stereotype of an Oresh-Madorian; his pompadour hairstyle, bombastic personality, and no-nonsense attitude have either won him good friends or hated enemies. His brother Sald is the Chief Executive of the Kattaare Gas Mining Corporation, which operates on the nearby sub-planet Kattaare, and that industry dominates Oresh-Madorian industry, with over 75% of citizens holding a job in some way related to it. One of the main reasons the Confederacy tries to bulk up its authority on Oresh-Mador is that Kattaare is one of the most oil and uranium-rich planets within the interplanetary borders of the Confederacy. Oresh-Mador does not really have polar icecaps, and a muggy climate dominates (Out-of-Character: think Florida during the summer). Most of the many cities have a decidedly chromed appearance to them, and the people drive hovercars painted in bright colors, usually with fins and stripes (Out-of-character: think of 1950's for the good areas of the planet, and 1940's film noir for the seedier areas). The men are usually tall, have a unique accent, and are known for their preference to wear pompadours and fedoras. The women are usually short, and, like the men, usually wear color-coded jumpsuits that make it easy to tell their place in society, such as red for oil miner, blue for transportation, orange for farming, etc. Most last names end with "-ar." The spaceports are some of the busiest in the system, with interplanetary and interspecies trade (and piracy) going on at all times. Oresh-Mador's moon, Kalor, has a strong military presence to monitor incoming space traffic. Oresh-Mador's influence stretches to the Kalor Asteroid Field, which none dare traverse.

(Oresh-Mador Flag; note the strong 1950's radiator cap styling)

Post subject: Re: BF Galaxies Character: Napolon Kelar - Confederacy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:22 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Nice work. I like the descriptions and 50's take you put to it while still keeping it sci-fi. I hope to see this character in minifig form. Cool detail with adding a flag and the asteroid belt. Makes me think there was a 2nd moon eons ago that got destroyed and make up the asteroid belt.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:12 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Thanks, QB! I was really fun. :D I hope to get a new camera before too long. I know I'll use the PQ Jake Raines head (my signature head) and the CM mechanic hair. I'll be getting a drawing up really soon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:37 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Very Nice Napo, great story and super beginning!
The flag is awesome :o)

Can't wait to see your character drawings, and minfig.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:50 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

minfigCharmed wrote:
Very Nice Napo, great story and super beginning!
The flag is awesome :o)

Can't wait to see your character drawings, and minfig.

Thanks, MC! :) I might draw my character tonight.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]