Change font size
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:23 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 10   [ 93 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: BrickForge Gallaxies - initial sign up and info
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:31 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
INTRODUCTION:
BrickForge Galaxies is a community project open to the members of the BrickForge Forums. It is a project based on the space and sci-fi themes using storytelling, MOC’s, and Art Work as its foundation. 3 groups control the sectors near the “Anvil Nebula”. They are the Confederation, the Alliance, and the Union. Each participant creates a character that will represent them in the story. The story will progress as time goes on by monthly events that will require the participant to build, draw, or story tell their character towards fame. Points will be awarded to their team and personal character for glory and bragging rights. Your purpose will be to earn enough points for your faction to claim the area around the “Forge Star”, a red dwarf star with unusual properties.

Factions:
There are 3 main factions in BrickForge Galaxies. Each faction will be assigned a color (Red, Green, and Blue) as their dominant flag color to be displayed in their creations. This will not necessarily limit the participant’s choice in what colors to use when making a creation, it will just be needed as an identifier for which faction that player belongs to. Each participant will be assigned a sector (Confederation, Alliance, and Union) that they belong to with the teams being evened out as much as possible.
4th faction: As always, evil lurks in the far corners of the galaxies and we find that here also. Whether it is an Alien race bent on conquering, a Robotic entity set on destruction, or some Outlaw human race with differing agendas, BrickForge Galaxies has its share of villains. In November, all members of one of the 3 main factions may in addition have a separate character belong to this group. Your hero needs an arch nemesis and this is the perfect faction to find them in.

Challenges:
The story will progress over the span of 12 months. Every month there will be a Primary challenge and 2 Secondary challenges announced to progress the story. You will have one month to complete the challenges. After the 2nd month, there will be an opportunity for 2 free builds in addition to the 3 challenges. These challenges can be done through Mocs, Art Work, or Story Telling so that all can participate.

Point System:
There will be a point system for both faction and characters.
Primary Challenge = 5 points per participation with the chance for 5 separate secret bonus points.
Secondary Challenge = 3 points with a chance of 5 secret bonus points.
Free build = 2 points with a chance of 5 secret bonus points.
Recruitment bonus = 2 points to an individual who gets another member to play (though the placement of that individual may not be the same team necessarily in order to even out the teams).
Officer reps will be ineligible for the bonus points (Brickule, MinifigCharmed, and Quickblade)

Of course as expected on a BrickForge forum, BF items should be a focus. The creativity should steer away from using existing ideas from themes like but not including Star Wars, Star Trek, Halo, Star Craft, etc. It's ok to get inspiration from such themes, but try to keep from using things like Wookies, Vulcans, Spartans, Zerg, etc. Make it your own.

Basic Map:

* Icons were added for fun and can be replaced if desired.
* White outlined icon indicates misc villains

Anyone interested please post below. I'll do my best to answer any questions you have, so feel free to post in this topic.

Union - Sentinal133, Hawkx, Albavik, Brickule, & Gecko.

Alliance - Macleodman2, Machetero, Skywaller, MasterChi4f & Quickblade.

Confederacy - SM,Napoleon, PrinceofDrows, & MinifigCharmed.

BrickForge Galaxies Score sheet:
Union - 49 pts
Sentinal133 - 0 pts
Hawkx - 11 pts
Albavik - 27 pts
Brickule - 11 pts
Gecko - 0 pts

Alliance - 95 pts
Macleodman2 - 8 pts
Machetero - 65 pts
Skywaller - 0 pts
MasterChi4f - 0 pts
Quickblade - 22 pts

Confederacy - 95 pts
SM - 26 pts
Napoleon - 15 pts
PrinceofDrows - 15 pts
MinifigCharmed - 39 pts

Post subject: Re: BrickForge Gallaxies - initial sign up and info
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:39 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Of course I'm interested. I probably won't be doing artwork or story though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:13 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Count me in!

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:18 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Sign me up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:01 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

I updated the first post to show who is involved. I didn't include me, Minifigcharmed, or Brickule because the 3 of us will each belong to one of the 3 teams.

Quote:
Of course I'm interested. I probably won't be doing artwork or story though.

No worries. I don't think I will be involved in art work, but I know some on here are not only good at it, but prefer using that medium. We wanted people that felt they didn't have the pieces but had the skill to draw or write be able to participate.

I'll announce the teams and how we will proceed after we either get 6 more people to join, or in a week, whichever comes first. We'll try to be as flexible as possible with people's needs in regards to team placement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:05 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Well. I need to be on either red or green team. My entire collection of blue pieces is made almost exclusively of 1x2 bricks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:20 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

I should add this idea MC and I were kicking around about the teams. Keep in mind this may change.

Rather than assign teams to a color or name, we were planning on doing this: Randomly select 3 teams as even as possible (I have a method I have planned for this). Then once the 3 teams are selected, let the members of each team choose one of the 3 categories for their team: Color (Red, Green, Blue), Name (Confederacy, Union, Alliance), and Representative (MinifigCharmed, Brickule, Quickblade). Team A will select first, followed by Team B, and then Team C. Then we reverse the order for the next pick until all categories are selected.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:05 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

I'm in!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:42 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:54 pm