It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 40 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whose 50th Meaningless Thread Is It Anyway: Scene From a
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:26 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
Yay machetes! They're always awesome. As for the jackboots and who wears them... Many (most?) motorcycle police officers, some highway patrol officers (or at least something very similar), and a number of motorcycle riders I believe. :9 Doubt theirs are surplus though.

They are, aren't they? Mine was surprisingly sharp and well-made for only $20. I'll get a better one eventually.

I just went to Rural King, and they had some "Greaser" boots. They were awesome. As a Greaser, I was sorely tempted. :|~ But they were REALLY expensive, sadly.

Hey, hey, pops. ;9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:27 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

@Transferring human minds into robotic bodies: No thanks. As StarGate SG1 Season 1, episode 19 pointed out so well: if everyone's a robot, nobody can reproduce, people fall into disrepair, and you run out of people.

The black bubblewrap is neat.

I really wanna build a laptop.

@Napo: Poser :9

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:54 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

If I had a motorcycle, and I wanted to be "supercool," this is what I'd blare from ridiculously-oversized speakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HrnZRG6haI

Click. NAOW. You will not regret. I heard this on Mike Harvey earlier. And I heard, and I said that it was good.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:08 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@SM: I've planned for this. A lower caste would be created for the purpose of breeding. These children would go through the education system, and the top 20% of these children would join our robotic ranks. Just to be clear; this "lower" caste would basically be middle class, but we would be their robot overlords.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:12 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Okay, you're starting to scare me. ;9

Although that caste sounds pretty fun. |D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:35 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Mac, I think you would be really interested in Eclipse Phase.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:53 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

SV... my God. I read the very first sentence and fell in love. Holy crap... I'm nearly speechless.

@Napo: How is this scarier than the "how would you rule the world" conversation we had a couple months ago? This is very tame for me. I said the top 20% right? That's extremely generous. 1 in 5 children would grow up to occupy a superior body. The rest just get to live normal lives. I also didn't mention that if any of that 20% objected to shedding their mortal body then they would have the right to refuse, and then they could continue on as is. The school system would be pretty rigid, but no more so than some modern school systems. *cought* Asia *cough* Wait, that's not considered racist is it? I'm pretty sure that a lot of schools in Japan and China have very strict rules. To bad Arcanamachi isn't around. I remember him mentioning that his kids went to school in Japan. Oh wait. I bet Hikaro would know. If you read this HT I'm very curious to know the truth.

I hate clouds. They completely mucked up the nice nightly routine I had going. I've decided I shall kill them... somehow. Any who dare to cross me shall pay the price. Do you know what we need? A smiley that's laughing maniacally. |D That one is okay, but it still looks a little to happy. Maybe if it had the mustache smiley's mustache.

Last edited by macleodman2 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:33 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

macleodman2 wrote:
@SM: I've planned for this. A lower caste would be created for the purpose of breeding. These children would go through the education system, and the top 20% of these children would join our robotic ranks. Just to be clear; this "lower" caste would basically be middle class, but we would be their robot overlords.

Haven't I seen this movie before?

But I agree with Napoleon, it sounds good to me. I'd be ok with fixing machinery. I think, though, that this lower class would have to have some representation in the inevitably "upper class" run government.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:53 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Of course that would have some form of representation. You either have to fully repress a populace, or let them be active. There's no middle ground because if you give people the tiniest hint of freedom they'll latch on. This society I'm imagining is already lax (by my standards). I think allowing them their own government that defers to the upper caste would be okay. As long as the upper caste only interferes with their self governing when it has a noticeable and possibly long lasting effect on both parties. I think it would also be wise to leave Earth entirely to the biological caste. The synthetic caste would be free to explore and terraform other worlds in the solar system. It should be easy enough to terraform once we don't have to worry about squishy parts being damaged in the Sun's rays.

I uh... I spend an unhealthy amount of time fantasizing about controlling the world. This is why I think I'm on a government watch list.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:07 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

macleodman2 wrote:
I think it would also be wise to leave Earth entirely to the biological caste. The synthetic caste would be free to explore and terraform other worlds in the solar system. It should be easy enough to terraform once we don't have to worry about squishy parts being damaged in the Sun's rays.

Agreed, though the lower would still have to be allowed on foreign worlds to repair the upper class and to cut down on overpopulation since we would likely have discovered new ways to grow crops by this point. That and or lets the lower class continue with war to cut down on the population, I doubt a 20% reduction in each generation would be effective enough to keep it stable. Those darn squishy parts, their always holding us back, man.
Quote:
This is why I think I'm on a government watch list.

Don't we all think we're on a government watch list?

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 40 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 200  Next