Change font size
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:36 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Lego DC/MARVEL Super Heroes
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:58 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

This stuff was in the summer 2012 catalog.

DC: some more ho-hum Batman sets and one Superman/Wonderwoman sets (more Superman!). Actually, these aren't that recent :o& .

MARVEL: With the release of The AVENGERS, Lego made some new sets featuring Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, Captain America, even Wolverine (was he in the movie? Dunno. :? ).

But there's a new Spiderman (Spider Man? Spider-Man? Spiderman? SpiderMan? Clean-up in aisle 9) movie coming out. Why no action on Lego's part?

Nonetheless, plenty of parts for MOCs and MODs

DC http://dcuniversesuperheroes.lego.com/en-us/Products/Default.aspx
MARVEL http://marvelsuperheroes.lego.com/en-us/products/default.aspx

Post subject: Re: Lego DC/MARVEL Super Heroes
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:32 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
New Spider-man sets will be based off of the Ultimate Spider-man animated series. Educate yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:12 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Last rumor I had heard/read on a LEGO related sites was an August release date for the Spider-Man set. If I can find where I read that, I'll link to it.

Edit: Found where I read that, however I am uncertain on the linking to other sites rules and can't find info on the forums. Mods, please advise.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:00 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

WrenVIXN wrote:
But there's a new Spiderman (Spider Man? Spider-Man? Spiderman? SpiderMan? Clean-up in aisle 9) movie coming out. Why no action on Lego's part?

Because the Spiderman movie rights are owned by Sony, and Lego would have to obtain a license from Sony to make sets from the movies. They did before, but seems the license ran out.

-Omi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:10 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Quickblade wrote:
New Spider-man sets will be based off of the Ultimate Spider-man animated series. Educate yourself.

Ok, don't need to sass. Not everyone has hours of free time to speed read every website that pops up when you search "Lego." Why so..... uptight? Did you spill hot plastic on your lap? Lego is about the kid inside, so no need to be uptight about it.

Oh and uh, hero factory- A Breez 4.0 figure was released, everywhere except the USA (why?) I could order one off of eBay from the UK, but It's $20!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:52 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

WrenVIXN wrote:
Ok, don't need to sass. Not everyone has hours of free time to speed read every website that pops up when you search "Lego." Why so..... uptight? Did you spill hot plastic on your lap? Lego is about the kid inside, so no need to be uptight about it.

Well you've got some lip. Mind your manners, man. QB wasn't sassing, he was helpfully providing information. Don't be so uptight. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:12 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
WrenVIXN wrote:
Quickblade wrote:

Oh and uh, hero factory- A Breez 4.0 figure was released, everywhere except the USA (why?) I could order one off of eBay from the UK, but It's $20!!!

This isn't sass or a result of being uptight. This is the result of not having much time to post and recently seeing the article myself.

@Machetero, the only real rules we have about linking to other websites is the general rule of not linking something advertising products or something containing adult themes. This is what I recall. In retrospect, I should have scanned the site I linked to, but doing a quick scan of the article, I found in appropriate to link.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:21 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Quickblade wrote:
@Machetero, the only real rules we have about linking to other websites is the general rule of not linking something advertising products or something containing adult themes. This is what I recall. In retrospect, I should have scanned the site I linked to, but doing a quick scan of the article, I found in appropriate to link.
Good to know. Thanks!

On topic: Not really sure how well the link I was going to post meets the first of that criteria, but I will say it was somewhere on Brickset. So yeah, hopefully August(ish) for the Iron Fist...er...Ultimate Spider-Man set.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]