Change font size
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:34 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 8 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whose 50th Meaningless Thread Is It Anyway: Scene From a
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:15 pm 
Bellow Boss
Bellow Boss

Would DM a 3.5E because that's what I have (have a whole campaign setting made up too) but would gladly play 4e too.

As long as somebody walks me through converting 3.5e to 4e characters 'cause I'll want to play one of them...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:20 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Posted the first of three Halo inspired minfigs and small vigs :o)
I have the other three sketched and designed ... hopefully I'll have time this weekend to get them put together.

How goes all!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:25 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@Powered Assault Commando: If you could tell me some place on the web where I could read the 4e rules for free I would absolutely love to do a D&D campaign.

My internet was out yesterday and most of today. Our phone/internet bill got stuck in the bureaucracy machine.

@Napo: Oooh. I've got an idea. How about a Crusades situation, but with WWI technology and against fantasy creatures instead of Muslims. We can use actual historical figures to. Maybe it could star a young Charles de Gaulle? You like French history right, and de Gaulle was a stone cold bad***.

Oooh. That reminds me. I think I want to take a history of Islam class. They have whole college classes devoted to it don't they?

Edit: Ooooh. Should have checked myself before I wrecked myself. I did not intend to compare Muslims to orcs and goblins. Far from it. Like I said. I'm actually very interested in their history and culture.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:18 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

macleodman2 wrote:

@Napo: Oooh. I've got an idea. How about a Crusades situation, but with WWI technology and against fantasy creatures instead of Muslims. We can use actual historical figures to. Maybe it could star a young Charles de Gaulle? You like French history right, and de Gaulle was a stone cold bad***.

Oooh. That reminds me. I think I want to take a history of Islam class. They have whole college classes devoted to it don't they?

Edit: Ooooh. Should have checked myself before I wrecked myself. I did not intend to compare Muslims to orcs and goblins. Far from it. Like I said. I'm actually very interested in their history and culture.

I think it would be more fun to have a fantasy world. If the real WWI world has fantasy creatures, it'd either mean the fantasy creatures were around since the beginning of history, which would mean the WWI era would be nothing like ours at all, or that the creatures were warped/magicalled ( :9 ) to WWI earth, which would make it more of an invasion of humanity rather than a crusade by it. I'll pitch you something later, and if you don't like it, that's cool, but I think you will. :D

I'm really into Ottoman History. Look at Yakup Satar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakup_Satar Last WWI Ottoman soldier, which I think also makes him the last Ottoman veteran of an international conflict.

Yes, De Gaulle was badbuttery incarnate. ;9 After WWII and Algeria is where I lose interest in French history. Everything before that, I like.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:34 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

macleodman2 wrote:
@Powered Assault Commando: If you could tell me some place on the web where I could read the 4e rules for free I would absolutely love to do a D&D campaign.

I suppose I would be interested too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:36 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Just search "D&D 4e phb free pdf download". Wizards shouldn't be making much more money off of 4th edition, it's been out for ages and 5th edition is just around the corner.

@Hawkxs: I'd really like to start everyone at level one, just for the sake of keeping encounters fun for everyone, if you mean playing one of your older characters by converting 3.5 to 4e.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:09 am 
Bellow Boss
Bellow Boss

^ Yeppers, I figured that... and actually it's easy enough to re-create them at first level anyway...

EDIT: Could just use the hypertext d20 SRD, it's 3.5E but is online and free for anybody: http://www.d20srd.org/
Has pretty much everything you need to play, even a dice generator.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:23 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Tooth experiment met with success. No water from work equals no tooth pain. I've often joked that the water around here makes people act crazy. I have yet to narrow it down to just the water cooler and not the water fountain.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:53 pm 
Bellow Boss
Bellow Boss

Prolly minerals in it. City vs. well and softened vs. hard water. I have that problem on occasion with a certain filling.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:35 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Quickblade wrote:
Tooth experiment met with success. No water from work equals no tooth pain. I've often joked that the water around here makes people act crazy. I have yet to narrow it down to just the water cooler and not the water fountain.
Glad to here you've at least narrowed it down to being water related. Is it possible/beneficial to just bring your own water?

Also, my gut reaction to your post was: SCIENCE!

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 8 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 200  Next