Change font size
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 6 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whose 50th Meaningless Thread Is It Anyway: Scene From a
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:42 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I hate how hard drive prices have to spike because we rely on other countries to make them for us. ._.

If the tanks succeed, victory follows. - Heinz Guderian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:28 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

sentinal133 wrote:
@D&D discussion: Aren't Diablo, NWN, Bauldur's Gate, and a bunch of others based on D&D?

Baldur's Gate, BG2, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment are all based on AD&D 2nd edition

Icewind Dale II and Neverwinter Nights are based on 3rd Edition

Those are also all set in the Forgotten Realms universe (except for Planescape: Torment which is set in... Planescape)

Diablo, as far as I know, uses its own ruleset and setting, but it's definitely inspired by D&D
You can tell because they both call a falchion a "two handed scimitar" (a falchion is a medieval cutting sword, developed in contrast to the increasingly pierce-based arming swords, and the blade did sometimes look like a scimitar but usually looked more like a modern machete and was certainly one handed and meant to be used with a shield)

So yeah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:32 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

sentinal133 wrote:
UltimatBlitz wrote:
sentinal133 wrote:
Looks pretty cool, not fond of how only the last bit was in-game, but that looked rather unfinished anyways.

I enjoy the live action adds that they do for Halo. I'm glad to see 343 is continuing with it.

Yeah, I geuss. It just seemed different with this one. Like it's an actual ad for the game, not just some side thing, like the "We are ODST." ad.

Well the live action with the ODST fighting the brutes was about the soldier's tracking Chief's decent after he jumped form the forerunner ship. It's how they found him at the beginning of Halo 3. This one is sort of the same thing, only explaining what the Infinity is and easily leading into a reveal of some of the game play, since we've seen so little of that so far.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:00 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

UltimatBlitz wrote:
Well the live action with the ODST fighting the brutes was about the soldier's tracking Chief's decent after he jumped form the forerunner ship. It's how they found him at the beginning of Halo 3. This one is sort of the same thing, only explaining what the Infinity is and easily leading into a reveal of some of the game play, since we've seen so little of that so far.

I geuss. Maybe it's just because it seems so much more clean than the other live-action trailers.

Also, the ad I was talking about was this one not Arms Race.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:03 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

macleodman2 wrote:
@Napoleon: Any ideas for a small writing collaboration yet?

Yus. I was going to PM you the other night just like I promised, but I lost the rough draft I came up with. :( I thought, "What would both me and Mac like?"

Mac:

Vikings
Medieval
High Fantasy
Dark Fantasy

Napo:

Sci-fi
Alternate History
Sci-Fi
Military Sci-Fi ;9

Combine:

A Game of Thrones level world where there are dragon fighter aces, armored cavalry with weird pistols and broadswords, lancers, goblins, coal-powered heavy artillery and machine guns, and all kinds of neat stuff. :|~ Picture thousands of goblins wearing WWI stahlhelms burning the countryside, and the "Red Dragon," Baron Vanvred Richhouse, swooping down and his dragon spewing fire at them. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:44 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Well, I'm currently on break, as there's no more crap to haul right now, and the work is being done on my house.

Nice riddle, Alby.

I would happily DM a 4e D&D campaign, because my party's gone all Summer. We'd need a decent way to do this, perhaps I could put up the world and town maps maps on Flikr, we could use a chatroom of some sort for noncombat interactions, and we could use an online collaborative drawing board for combat. Just an idea.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:39 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Napoleon wrote:
@Hikaro: By all means, if you want to write Occupied, I'm all for it. I've just kind of lost track of it all. Or, since Khopesh and Baylego don't really come on anymore, you and I could reboot it under the new name. :D We could make it extra detailed. The main difference between original Occupied and Schuylkill Chronicles is that the Schuylkill Chronicles have way more backstory. It first appeared on AlternateHistory.com, but I can repost things you write there and give you credit.

Are you married yet? I was thinking you were already hitched.

I'll see about trying to post something for Occupied sometime soon (no guarantees, though)...

And no, I'm not getting married until August... We just got our invitations out yesterday, as a matter of fact.

Also, Yes, Diablo II and other computer RPG's owe their entire existence to D&D, or more precisely, Tunnels and Trolls (D&D's precursor).

As a matter of fact, the people who made Fallout were originally going to use a licensed, computerized version of the GURPS tabletop RPG system, but when Steve Jackson saw how violent and gory the game was going to be, he pulled the plug on them, which is why Black Isle had to come up with the VATS system in a hurry....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:51 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

:o)

called in my laptop problem last night; now I'm waiting to hear from the tech who's supposed to come out and replace the broken casing hinges ... *hurry hurry hurry* ...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:33 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
So it appears I didn't screw myself out of 2 weeks of unemployment. I went ahead and placed that BL order I mentioned a while back. I got some minotaur heads and legs, which is part of what I need for a small faction.

Also, at work, my value has been quickly recognized. You'd think that's a good thing, but not entirely. When they get call offs which happen often, my name will come up first, and I'd rather have my scheduled day off instead since I can collect partial unemployment, and will be starting that other job in July. Speaking of which, the first step was taken yesterday, so it's rolling.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:57 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Quickblade wrote:
So it appears I didn't screw myself out of 2 weeks of unemployment. I went ahead and placed that BL order I mentioned a while back. I got some minotaur heads and legs, which is part of what I need for a small faction.

Also, at work, my value has been quickly recognized. You'd think that's a good thing, but not entirely. When they get call offs which happen often, my name will come up first, and I'd rather have my scheduled day off instead since I can collect partial unemployment, and will be starting that other job in July. Speaking of which, the first step was taken yesterday, so it's rolling.

Nice and NICE!

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 6 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 200  Next