It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:00 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 4 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whose 50th Meaningless Thread Is It Anyway: Scene From a
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:20 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

UltimatBlitz wrote:
If any of you have had any success losing weight, how do you do it? Life doesn't even seem worth living without all of my usual foods.

Really, don't give anything up, it what you do, not what you don't do, that matters. Eat what you normally would, but limit yourself, and get out to exercise a bit, I lost 10 pounds in about a month and half of daily mile long hikes and little other change to my normal life.

@Napo: What picture are you talking bout'? I don't recall ever seeing a pic of a robed guy behind Hitler.

My name backwards is Snerheb L Selrahc. Weird.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:56 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

macleodman2 wrote:
I have one 44 oz fountain drink soda a day and the only meal I eat is dinner. Sometimes I snack lightly throughout the day. Then I do 40 sit ups, 40 candle sticks, and 20 push ups at midnight and I maintain a healthy weight. I hardly have any muscle mass though so I'm not exactly fit. I'm just the correct weight for my height.

I sorta don't have an appetite if I take ridaline (or however you spell it), but it gives me a killer head ache. What are candle sticks?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:32 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Ritalin is how it's spelled I believe. I used to take it, but I never got headaches.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:37 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Oh man, yeah. I used to take Ritalin. I don't remember any headaches but it killed my appetite and I was a picky eater to begin with. I was pretty emaciated looking for awhile from that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:01 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I take Aderall. It's plain old amphetamine. Seriously. They prescribe amphetamine for ADD. It also kills your appetite.

@Blitz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKBCw9b_vp4 That's a candlestick. You can skip the standing up and jumping part if you just want to work your abs. That's what I do. Learned these when I was in gymnastics. I wish I had some rings or a high bar. Those are amazing for working upper body strength. I miss gymnastics. I was pretty good. Of course that's probably what screwed up my hip though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:08 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

That's an interesting exercise.
Well, I got called into jury duty the day I'm supposed to go sign a lease for the place I'll be living with my friends next year. That's just my luck.
If you Halo fans haven't seen this yet: http://halo.xbox.com/halo4#trailer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:44 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Hi guys, been busy lately... Things are finally moving foward on the house sale as well as the wedding plans so yay!

Anyways:

Napoleon: Does this new story mean that Occupied is dead? I have a partially outlined chapter I was going to post, but have been too busy lately (basically it involves the initial attack on the Perry County Prowlers)....

Also as for names: When I play games with character creation or naming, I usually have at least one character named Hikaro, unless I'm playing a chick, then I usually go with Laura or Sakura.... Sometimes, I.e. Diablo II or Age of Empires, I go with something of either a literary joke (i.e. naming my Necromancer "Sephiroth", my Druid "Aragorn", and my Barbarian "Genghis" or "Attila") or reference to my family history (i.e. my User Name in Age of Empires II is "Herzog Beinbrech") and in Age of Empires III, I go by Hikaro, but use some kind of historical/literary reference for naming my Explorer and Home City (I.e. my Russian Home City is "Stalingrad" and my Explorer is "Vasily Zaitsev", my Dutch Home City is "Pretoria" and my explorer is "Paul Kruger", and my Chinese Home City is "Guangzhou" and my Shaolin Monk is named "Pai Mei")...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:30 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Quickblade wrote:
@ Napo - X| Watch the spoiler posts
Quote:
Well, I'm watching Gangs of New York right now.

@ Napo - :) I've used my first name backwards for character names in the past and it's pretty cool.
Quote:
Just went to a name site. My name backwards is Relhok Semaj. Epicness.

One thing you might want to consider is using an anagram of your name for character names. It's the rearranging of letters in your name to make a new name or word. Seljor Hakem would be one using your first and last name. You can even use your middle name if you need some different letters. I have a friend that uses an anagram of his name for his pen name. Digz L Headcraft. Mine is pretty cool as I can either use Rich Rogue or Rich Rouge.

Hahaha, sorry, I thought I was the only one here who hadn't seen GoNY. :9

Actually, I've done something very similar to that: My ID on a few things, including on PS3, is Jamako. My real name is James Madison Kohler.

Ja.

Ma.

Ko.

Jamako. :D I used to pronounce it Jam-a-koh, but people on PS3 fell to pronouncing it Jah-mahk-oh, so I tend to use that now. It kind of sounds vaguely Island God-ish, which I like. :9

@Hikaro: By all means, if you want to write Occupied, I'm all for it. I've just kind of lost track of it all. Or, since Khopesh and Baylego don't really come on anymore, you and I could reboot it under the new name. :D We could make it extra detailed. The main difference between original Occupied and Schuylkill Chronicles is that the Schuylkill Chronicles have way more backstory. It first appeared on AlternateHistory.com, but I can repost things you write there and give you credit.

Are you married yet? I was thinking you were already hitched.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:40 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

UltimatBlitz wrote:
If you Halo fans haven't seen this yet: http://halo.xbox.com/halo4#trailer

Looks pretty cool, not fond of how only the last bit was in-game, but that looked rather unfinished anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:31 am 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

I like turning and changing names and words for stories as well. Remember we talked about that once in the good old days of the CL Group Stories, Napo ;)
My own name backwards end up as Jalokin Neslein, although I've never used that for anything. The closest I get is using Knight of NiNi (get that abreviation?) as an online nickname from time to time.

And the Scriptorium is alive again, how great to see!

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 4 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 200  Next