Crucible King
Crucible King

Everybody, go to the scriptorium. :D

Post subject: Re: 49th Meaningless Threads of War
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:38 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Machetero wrote:
I'll have to add that to the list. She and I were watching the newer Battlestar Galactica but never finished the series so we may go back and rewatch that, too. And I'm tempted to watch Firefly/Serenity if for no other reason than to see what the hype was all about. Yep, we're sci-fi nerds.

Starbuck is a man, mmkay? :P

Sorry I haven't been 'round the forge as much,the last week has kinda been a blur. But hey, it's summer now, so I'll have plenty of time to get on a little every day.

It's free fishing weekend in Colorado, you can legally fish and keep your fish without a license. Probably one of the best state traditions ever. I went down by the local hatchery with my little brother and my dad, we caught six rainbow trout in 2 hours.

@Napo: Nice, I remember seeing Deviss on the shelf somewhere. Forget where though, he was BA. I'd have to say that my best recent find was Secret Avengers Volume 1 for one cent plus 3.99 shipping.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:58 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

^ Girl!Starbuck is so much better though.

Machetero wrote:
My girlfriend and I have decided that we aren't geeky enough (HA!) and thus are going to watch all of the various Star Trek series over the course of however long it takes. She also decided that she would like to help design and build a modular style LEGO building for my ever growing block of buildings that have taken over the dining room in our small apartment. Things like this are the reason I love her.

Hahaha, that's adorable :P

macleodman2 wrote:
I really think Avengers should have ended with a cliff hanger, and not the *****y "there's a greater evil out there" like they had. Needed to be more depressing, but noooo. It's a Marvel movie so the heros have to win.

Actually...
tl;dr: "The bad guys won this round, and meanwhile the heroes are off eating Shwarma and thinking they won."

I could really go for some Shawarma right now.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:12 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Machetero: Trek on good man, Trek on!
Also Firefly was pretty good, some things I don't like, but the show was good. Make sure you watch the movie afterwards, Serendipity (?) ... to get the 'closing' of the story.

@S133: BF mushrooms = WIN!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:34 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I dunno if Starbuck was necessarily "better" as a girl, but Katee Sackhoff certainly had a way of growing on you, and she ain't too hard on the eyes either.

@Napoleon: It may take me a while to read that but it's on the list for this "morning".

@SV: Shawarma for breakfast can't be good. Talk to me in a few hours after this omelet.

@Everyone: How is it I go to bed at 6am, wake up at 2pm, and this MT is still here?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:51 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:

@Napoleon: It may take me a while to read that but it's on the list for this "morning".

@Everyone: How is it I go to bed at 6am, wake up at 2pm, and this MT is still here?

Thanks, Machetero!

I was wondering that meself, actually...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:01 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Scriptorium eh... I think I'm going to post a quickie there later today. Had an idea pop into my head last night that I feel like it should be put on paper. (Figuratively of course.)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:31 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

How dare you post in MY scriptorium! It's been my personal empire since 2010 or so!

;9

You're a good writer, I'm looking forward to it. What's it about?

C'mon, guys, I'd like to win this thread. Post!

EDIT: Look at the joined and last visited dates on Oreo's profile...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:51 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I have to disagree. I'm not a very good writer when it comes to actually writing. I have good concepts, but I have trouble translating it into an actual artistic medium. Same goes for any form of art. I can have amazingly detailed concepts or blueprints in my head, but I can't draw, build, write stories, or create music. Writing is definitely still the easiest, and it's the only one I really believe that I can become good at through practice. Anyway. No spoilers. It's a very simple idea, but to me it's very powerful. I think it'll make a good story. I will clarify that it will be a very tiny story. No more than a few paragraphs.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:11 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Think positive and you'll get better. Never just say you're not good a something.

macleodman2 wrote:
I will clarify that it will be a very tiny story. No more than a few paragraphs.

Good, because I'm terrible at following things. :9

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 199 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200  Next