Change font size
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:01 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 198 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: 49th Meaningless Threads of War
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:02 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Oh yeah, when I loaded it up Diablo 3 said something about even my computer not being optimal to run Diablo 3, and it's a gaming computer and only like a year, year and a half old. Something about my visual card. Yet it runs Mass Effect 3 better than my Xbox does.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:13 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

My comp has trouble playing games made after like 2004.

I'm eating these dried bits of coconuts. Package says they're from the Philippines. What ever inhuman conditions they force the plantation workers into works. These things are delicious.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:03 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Mega score!

I got six Star Wars figures from the flea market today. I got to open them in all their glory. :|~

An ELEVEN year-old FX-7 Medical Droid from wave 2 of the Power of the Jedi line. $3.00, unopened!

Six year-old Saga Collection Sandtrooper Dewback Rider. Beautiful printing on this one. $6.00, unopened.

Four year-old Legacy Collection Jawa and Wed Treadwell Droid. Huge amount of parts. $6.00, unopened.

Four year-old Legacy Collection ARC Trooper. Removable helmet. $6.00, unopened.

Four year-old Legacy Collection Commander Deviss figure. My favorite of the day. $6.00, unopened.

In all, that's only about 28 bucks! A figure at Wally's World costs at least 8.99. And most of those aren't as cool as the ones I picked out from the huge surplus at the flea market.

After I'm done... posing them... okay, playing ;9 , they'll go on my Star Wars shelf. I think I'll put my clone squad on top of my Star Wars special edition popcorn tin. My seven bobbleheads go in front of my titanium AT-AT in special display case and my Vader helmet goes on top of that. My podracers and Jawa stuff goes in front of my bacta tank lava lamp. And finally, my Jedi and Sith go in front of everything.

EDIT: And just the packaging from the 11 year-old FX-7 goes on display. Hey, it's old and I was careful while opening.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:47 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I used to have Star Wars action figures from late 80's. I was little though and ****ed 'em up.

I've just started watching Epic Meal Time. Jack Daniels and bacon on everything, and I can tell that those guys are genuinely drunk when they do that stuff. It all culminates in hilarity.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:50 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

My girlfriend and I have decided that we aren't geeky enough (HA!) and thus are going to watch all of the various Star Trek series over the course of however long it takes. She also decided that she would like to help design and build a modular style LEGO building for my ever growing block of buildings that have taken over the dining room in our small apartment. Things like this are the reason I love her.

@Mac: Jack and bacon you say? I'm in!

@Anyone who happens to be/get on: Feel like killing this MT tonight?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:01 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I'm up for takin it down. Also. If you're going for nerdy I have a suggestion. Instead of all the Star Trek series, just watch all every episode of Babylon 5. I bought the entire series for $5 having never heard of it, and it was one of the best purchases of my life. Also it's an absolutely terrible show, but it's also freakin amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:22 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I'll have to add that to the list. She and I were watching the newer Battlestar Galactica but never finished the series so we may go back and rewatch that, too. And I'm tempted to watch Firefly/Serenity if for no other reason than to see what the hype was all about. Yep, we're sci-fi nerds.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:10 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Definitely watch Firefly. It's only 13 episodes but they're all good. I wonder what Joss Whedon is going to do now that he's done with Avengers. Hopefully something good. I really think Avengers should have ended with a cliff hanger, and not the *****y "there's a greater evil out there" like they had. Needed to be more depressing, but noooo. It's a Marvel movie so the heros have to win. Since I'm on the subject, can somebody please recommend an extremely ****ed and depressing movie/tv series that places an emphasis moral gray areas instead of good versus bad. I need me some effed up entertainment. Maybe I'll watch the Guinea Pig series... nah. JK. And just a warning. DO NOT LOOK UP THE GUINEA PIG MOVIES! Unless you're into fake torture/snuff films. I still can't believe I watched the trailers for them all. What was that midget doing to that lady that had that mermaid deformity? Why! WHY! Well. I'm off to bed with thoughts of midgets torturing diseased mermaids.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:17 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

@Mac about his old 80's figures: Yeah, I did the same to my GI Joe 3 3/4 figs. But what the hey, I was a kid and I played with them nearly every day.

Someone recommended Firefly to me recently.

If you want messed up entertainment, watch any Sci-Fi/SyFy original movies. They're low-budget, and either dark or hilarious, and almost all of them end with the good guys dying in a bloody massacre. They're coming out with a new one called "Jersey Shore Shark Attack." It's destined for multiple Emmy Awards. :9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:22 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Yeah, everyone seems to say Firefly is great so I figure it's about time I get around to watching them. We'll see how it goes I guess. As for Avengers, I thought I had read somewhere that Whedon has said he would be interested in doing a sequal and that he would want to make it a bit darker. Now, I doubt it would be as dark as you may be suggesting, but it's a step in the "right" direction and probably the best you'll get from a Marvel movie.

And now I have to add "Guinea Pig Movies" to the list. Or at least my own personal list, doubt the gf would approve.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 198 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200  Next