Change font size
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:40 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: help with color
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:45 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:43 pm
Posts: 48
No, it was not "hand painted", the color was altered in Photoshop/Paintshop or some other graphics proggie. You can easily tell by the incredibly crap job he did on cutting out the background with all white, as well as the whitish area on the hair which wound up greenish because he didn't even have enough sense to only select the yellow portion of the head.

*epic face palm*

Stupid graphics flunkie is stoooopid!

PS - Also the ORANGE inside the eyes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: help with color
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:05 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:13 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Denton,TX
Farfoos wrote:
No, it was not "hand painted", the color was altered in Photoshop/Paintshop or some other graphics proggie. You can easily tell by the incredibly crap job he did on cutting out the background with all white, as well as the whitish area on the hair which wound up greenish because he didn't even have enough sense to only select the yellow portion of the head.

*epic face palm*

Stupid graphics flunkie is stoooopid!

PS - Also the ORANGE inside the eyes


So he is selling something on ebay that he doesn't even have? That doesn't make sense.

_________________
"Sweep the leg.."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: help with color
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:17 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:43 pm
Posts: 48
Actually it makes perfect sense...when you're interesting in stealing people's money. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: help with color
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:18 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 1870
Location: Granby, Massachusetts
Eyes could be sharpied.

Can we have a link to this ebay auction?

-Omi

_________________
ChocoBricks Customs
Rebuilding the Fantasy one brick at a time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: help with color
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:11 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:13 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Denton,TX
Omicron wrote:
Eyes could be sharpied.

Can we have a link to this ebay auction?

-Omi


Certainly...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-LEGO-Green-Lantern-Yellow-Sinestro-DC-Comics-JLA-/110885288427?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d14739eb#ht_500wt_1413

_________________
"Sweep the leg.."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: help with color
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:26 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 1870
Location: Granby, Massachusetts
Hands are colored too. Lego doesn't make pink.

But now looking at the seller, I am familiar with his customs, and he has a good rating.

So chances are he just sharpied/painted the head and hands. Which he is known to do with his other customs.

-Omi

_________________
ChocoBricks Customs
Rebuilding the Fantasy one brick at a time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: help with color
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:04 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:13 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Denton,TX
Omicron wrote:
Hands are colored too. Lego doesn't make pink.

But now looking at the seller, I am familiar with his customs, and he has a good rating.

So chances are he just sharpied/painted the head and hands. Which he is known to do with his other customs.

-Omi


That's a sharpie marker? I didn't know sharpie comes out that good

_________________
"Sweep the leg.."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: help with color
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:36 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:43 pm
Posts: 48
Looking at his history, here's some choice quotes:

"items were not new,poorly painted"

"Received basketball instead of soccer ball as listed."

"Received the item 30 days after estimated delivery date."

"The item is great, but the paint is coming off and the shippig took to long."

"Item was ok at best. Picture looks great, ask seller to see other angles."

...sounds like he might be showing digitally altered photos and then delivering something completely different.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: help with color
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:31 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:13 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Denton,TX
Farfoos wrote:
Looking at his history, here's some choice quotes:

"items were not new,poorly painted"

"Received basketball instead of soccer ball as listed."

"Received the item 30 days after estimated delivery date."

"The item is great, but the paint is coming off and the shippig took to long."

"Item was ok at best. Picture looks great, ask seller to see other angles."

...sounds like he might be showing digitally altered photos and then delivering something completely different.



Looks like it. Because I've painted things before and they came out that smooth. Granted I've never tried the air brush..

_________________
"Sweep the leg.."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net