Change font size
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:45 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Lego Friends
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:37 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Look at the labels. The age range on duplos is 1.5-5, while normal legos are 5+ (with the exception of some sets). Connect the dots, everyone. What are duplos for? And besides, I've seen p-lenty of creations by 2 and 3 year olds. A spaceship: a simple plate with mismatched wheels, random minifigures, a steering wheel, and the occasional mismatched turbines (they don't know how to use all the good pieces). While a 5-year old's space ship sports fins, wings, spacemen instead of car drivers, a cockpit, matching wheel sets, proportional engines, some aerodynamic design, and a color scheme.

Mid you I had duplos long before I got my first two lego sets at age 4 (I wasn't the average kid then and never will be), at the same time my brother got his at six (He's....... Almost normal).

Stay in your own yard, play in your own yard, be happy in your own yard...
No shadow viking, no it is not okay wether they swallow it or not.

PARENTS TAKE NOTE: 2 year olds X| , please play with stuff for 2 year olds. Not every thing is a one-size-fits-all deal in the entertainment and toy world. in other words,
Stay in your own yard, play in your own yard, be happy in your own yard... (lyrics by Johnny Lang).

Last edited by WrenVIXN on Sun May 13, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:18 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

The age range of LEGO sets tend to have an upper limit, too. If we listened to those, more than half of this site would be out of a hobby.

Duplo is considered more appropriate for younger children because they are generally too large to put in one's mouth and risk choking. If you're able to prevent that or your child has already learned not to put everything they come across in their mouth, then regular LEGO is fine.

I did have Duplo before LEGO, but many didn't. People are different. That is a fact.

Hereafter please stay on topic. This discussion is meant to be about LEGO friends, not about our opinions on age legislation.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:03 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Anyway I thought you'd like to know that I DID blow them up, and I forgot to tape it. *Aww, naughty Vixenman! You're making Nakeesha cry!*

If I could, I'd send your little fudge-colored menace to the milky way with my titanium fist for throwing her sippy and crying through the whole film! I missed my CGI rodent "Glee"!

That just made it worse. Here, give her the remains of the dolls. (WAIT! What am I doing!?!?!!)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3