Change font size
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:11 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 93 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: 49th Meaningless Threads of War
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:45 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

So, look like I'll be ordering a Prussian pickelhaube repro and probably some new knives or an axe. I can't wait. :D I LOVE KNIVES.

Speaking of knives, I have one that won't close. I push and struggle, but it just won't flip down. Any suggestions on how to fix, guys?

Biohazard wrote:

Napo, I know its your opinion. Your entitled to that, and I'm entitled to call you a hipster because you don't like something just because its a fad. And don't just wink at me. Use some words.

Fair botchens, or whatever the Britishism is. :)

EDIT: Fair dinkum. Australian I believe.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:46 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Biohazard wrote:
If we're going to list things that should be replaced...
Front axle.
Oil pan.
Entire hood needs repainted, lots of spots could be touched up.
Rear tires.
CV joint (Which is what I was talking about)
Weather stripping around windows.
Left side side signal bulbs
Needs alignment, steering wheel is turned a little to the left when the car is going "straight" and "straight" means the tires are actually going like this / \ (But not that bad) instead of | |.
Spark plugs
Needs brighter headlights so they aren't so dim.
Wiper fluid
Front right wheel mount needs another lug stud, its on four lug nuts right now instead of the 5 its supposed to have.
Oh, I didn't really mean to get into a what should be replaced contest. I wasn't doubting your car would win as I'm fairly certain it is quite a bit older than mine. I suppose my post was more in the "I feel your pain on cars needing things fixed, but at least you have the money to fix even one of them right now" light.
>feelsbadman.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:49 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Nah, I know you weren't trying to contest :9 I just felt like listing things. Yeah, its a '92. Good for what it is, but I could definitely use that Camaro.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:54 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Napoleon wrote:
So, look like I'll be ordering a Prussian pickelhaube repro and probably some new knives or an axe. I can't wait. :D I LOVE KNIVES.

Speaking of knives, I have one that won't close. I push and struggle, but it just won't flip down. Any suggestions on how to fix, guys?
Yes...love me some knives. If my best friend ever remembers where it is in Indiana, I will be getting in touch with a guy out there who can get me most types of Indonesian knives. As for your issue: What type of knife? What type of opening system? What type of closing system?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:00 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
Napoleon wrote:

Yes...love me some knives. If my best friend ever remembers where it is in Indiana, I will be getting in touch with a guy out there who can get me most types of Indonesian knives. As for your issue: What type of knife? What type of opening system? What type of closing system?

It's an Imperial Irish-made basic buck knife-type.

Looks something like this, but with a bulkier handle and two sides:

It was in a box of rusty tools for a long time; my brother used it when he went hunting. The blade's stainless, so no damage. The blade has a basic fingernail-notch, and it won't go back down.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:06 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Could be rust/dirt/"gunk" in the closing mechanism. The blade might be stainless, but I can all but guarantee the rest of it isnt. Could also be the screws are two tight. If you can, unscrew the thing and see what's going on in there, or at least lossen the hinge. If you can't, try to clean it out however you can and see if that helps any.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:08 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
Could be rust/dirt/"gunk" in the closing mechanism. The blade might be stainless, but I can all but guarantee the rest of it isnt. Could also be the screws are two tight. If you can, unscrew the thing and see what's going on in there, or at least lossen the hinge. If you can't, try to clean it out however you can and see if that helps any.

Hey, I put my other knife inside, scraped it, and it closed! :D Thanks for the advice; must've been some little bits of crap interfering with the hinge.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:19 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

That's the problem with many folding knives, and especially those lock back knives. All sorts of things can, and do, get in them and can cause issues with closing or opening.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:27 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
That's the problem with many folding knives, and especially those lock back knives. All sorts of things can, and do, get in them and can cause issues with closing or opening.

Yep, I see a lot of people online have asked for help, too. Must be extremely common.

I want to get a big bowie they have at my flea market (the one I gave you directions to); they have TONS of knives. First thing you see when you enter the door are two mounted swords and several displays full of blades of every type, including those Indian thingies, like chakrams, but with a nasty katar through the circle.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:40 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Most flea markets, at least out here in the mid-west, seem to always have knives and other weapons. The only issue is you have to know what to look for and what you want. Many of the weapons they have look nice but wouldn't actually be good for any sort of work past letter opener or box cutter.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 93 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 200  Next