Change font size
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:29 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 90 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: 49th Meaningless Threads of War
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:21 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@QBlade: well, I'm glad some justice is being done and that he was finally convicted. I hope it will help the family find a little resolution ...

@SMarine: ODST is a great game!! And I second S133 about the music, its fantastic.

@Bio: NICE!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:30 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

There are a bunch of legos in my dad's garage, cause we brought them to California when we first moved. I'll have to send them up to my place when I get room. Anyone who knows the Palm Springs area know anything good to do? I can't think of anything aside from going to stores and looking at things to buy I can't afford and my dad won't get :/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:11 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I just want to point out that I played Halo Reach for almost 12 hours straight.
Started around 7pm, played until 7am.
...I'm gonna go to sleep for a couple hours now. *Twitch*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:42 am 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

Good to hear that guy's in for some time, QB, even though 10 years isn't the best imagineable. Still, it's far above anything he'd be likely to get here in Denmark. Our absolutely longest time we can put someone to jail is 16 years, a number that most of them not even end up sitting through. Same thing in Norway, ever heard of Anders Breivik by any chance? All he got was (I think) 21 years, 'cause they couldn't put him in any longer X|

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:43 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Biohazard wrote:

That, is funny.

So in the community my dad rents at there are these little drive way like roads off the main streets that are shared by like 10 different houses to reach their garages. Some guy just pulled up out back in a big f---ing SUV and started spamming the horn because a girl he's renting with is "in his spot" or something. Right outside my open window. And she calls out "I'm sorry, I'll move it" only for him to respond with "Seriously!?" in that you-fine-out-he's-an-abusive-boyfriend-later-in-the-series/movie sort of tone. All because she was in his spot in a house he's renting for 3-5 days just to go to Coachella.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:50 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@AlbaVik: I've heard that jails over there have a lower percentage of repeat offenders though. I believe your prison system is supposed to be much better at actually reforming prisoners. Of course that's just based on one statistic I've read, so I have no idea if it's actually true.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:07 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

UltimatBlitz wrote:
Biohazard wrote:

That, is funny.

One of the best times of the night was when we (We had 7 people at my friends house on two xboxes) were playing Infection online on Boardwalk, and I was one of the starter zombies. My friends were all hiding in the second floor room near the start. I hear them say "Okay, we've got the door and the stairs covered, no way zombies can get in"
..So I sprint toward the window, leap through it and yell "YOU FORGOT THE WINDOWS!!"
I killed about four of them... And the whole time my friends were screaming like little girls |D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:46 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Ugh, I get no points in infection, I hide behind other people and my friends know it scares me. Actually some games I do pretty well, especially on sword base. Boardwalk I always get killed though unless I stay with my one friend who protects me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:54 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I can usually do pretty good on it. One time I was the last man on Sword base and I just ran laps around the entire map, occasionally turning around and blasting a couple, until they finally all caught up with me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:39 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
@ Murder Trial - I wish this was the end of it, but the reality is, every 6 months he will be reevaluated to see if he is viable for release. I don't have much faith in the system in regards to him being reformed. Being the laws are as messed up as they are, there was no real in between for the case. Either tried as an adult and locked away forever, or tried as a juvenile and released when he is 21. I personally think it'd be best if he were to get the help he needs and then exiled to a different part of the country. Nothing wrong with putting a restraining order on someone that involves hundreds of miles. The other problem is that in the past few years, friends and family of the victim have been targeted by others. The whole thing sucks and there will be fallout I imagine.

EDIT: On a different note, while I was doing some research on the BF Soldier Helmet with the 506th spade insignia, I came across this :
Quote:
Sgt. Leslie Halasz Sabo, killed during Operation Binh Tay I, under consideration for the Medal of Honor. In April, 2010, U.S. Rep. Jason Altmire announced that the U.S. Department of Defense recommended Sabo for the Medal of Honor, which then went to President Barack Obama for final approval.

This soldier is the uncle of the guy I've been working with for over 15 yrs. He was KIA while jumping on a grenade to save the members of his platoon. I thought you military history buffs would think it was some cool info.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 90 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 200  Next