It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:47 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 76 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: 49th Meaningless Threads of War
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:23 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Steam wrote:
No items matching your search criteria were found.

Yeah, I'll figure it out later.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:11 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

sentinal133 wrote:
Steam wrote:
No items matching your search criteria were found.

Yeah, I'll figure it out later.

I had the same problem when I went to download it on my husbands comp. I had to use my friends acct to find it. Go ahead and add me as a friend, it'll pull up my stuff that way: clynn-mC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:24 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Alright, I found it-but how do I download it? Click subscribe?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:55 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

sentinal133 wrote:
Alright, I found it-but how do I download it? Click subscribe?

Yup, and then it will download when you start up your game.
Remember its across the river from Riverwood Mill.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:58 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Just went and saw American Reunion. It was really good. Just like the originals. Not the stupid direct to dvd spinoffs. Got really depressed at one part, because the main theme of the movie is that things change and don't ever go back. That's something that I actually really struggle with. In fact, it's the main source of my depression these days.

Also. Steam pisses me off. I can't use it on this comp. When I log in it just crashes my computer and it reboots itself. I finally got it to work again yesterday, downloaded KOTOR again overnight, played it for an hour today before Steam started doing the same stupid thing. I said screw it and I'm torrenting it. I already payed $10 to play it, and by god am I going to play it. Also. Did you know that when you buy a game on Steam or a similar service that you're not buying the game. You're buying a license to use it, and it can be revoked at any time for whatever reason the particular service wants. And did you know that Flickr has the right to sell any photos you upload on their site royalty free? Online businesses scare me sometimes. I'll never download EA's origin. That crap is basically full on spyware.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:19 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

macleodman2 wrote:
Did you know that when you buy a game on Steam or a similar service that you're not buying the game. You're buying a license to use it, and it can be revoked at any time for whatever reason the particular service wants.

Yup, and I've heard rumors that the next-gen console will be the same. I wouldn't buy a next-gen console if that's the case.
Quote:
And did you know that Flickr has the right to sell any photos you upload on their site royalty free?

I don't mind that as much, I would see it as more of a compliment.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:35 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Quote:
things change and don't ever go back. That's something that I actually really struggle with. In fact, it's the main source of my depression these days.

This I can relate to, since my life is about to be turned upside down.....however, you don't need to go back. You need to bring it with you. I miss some things terribly in my life. Friends, loved ones, pets, places, experiences, etc....that's what memories are for. It's easy to sit back and feel all bummed out about what we have lost. I do it often and it's not healthy. The real strength comes in taking those memories and adding to it. Some people I'll never see again for various reasons, some places are now changed or gone, I'll never have the same feeling I did when I woke up on Christmas and got the Black Seas Barracuda. The great thing is there is always room for new experiences to add to my memories. People say "take the bad with the good". I say "F that" Take the good and add to it. It's easy for me to sit here and type this, and my mood in a few days or weeks could be the exact opposite, but I have a feeling I am on to something.

Here's a question I hope I can get some help with. On YouTube, if you put a disclaimer about not owning the music for a video you make, will they leave it up? I remember hearing people saying they had a video taken down because the music was not theirs. I remember Biohazard saying he had a video taken down because Metallica was playing in the background. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I went for an eye exam today. Turns out my vision has improved in the past 3 years. Either that or my indecision has screwed me again ;9 I had to get children's frames because of the size of my head. Laughing would be detrimental to your health ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:20 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Alright MC, here's my thoughts on Lokey's Dungeon.

First off, there's this:
The soul gem I'm looking at didn't have any pickup text for it, it also didn't have any collision data or model or whatever it's called.

Then there's this urn:
It's kinda just floating there and doesn't have any collisions or anything. Coming back after I finished though, it was normal

The fights were pretty tough, even for me. I'm not sure if it's because the enemies level up as I level up or what, but if that's the case, great. If not, then the enemies will slaughter any lower leveled characters, and mid leveled character will have a rough time. The items are also pretty neat, again, not sure if they're leveled or anything, but they're pretty cool.

Then there's this light orb thing:
Aren't these from Meridia's temple? That confused me a bit, but they look cool.

In the room with the spiders, it didn't feel like the other dungeons with spiders, like there wasn't enough webbing and corpses. Might've just been me though.

There was also this neat scroll spell in an urn in the early part of the dungeon that was called something like guardian circle. Not sure if the urns are randomized, they seem to be since the first look around they all had gold and second time around they were next to bare.

It was a short, pretty nifty little dungeon. I'm looking forward to what you come up with next.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Well, it seems that the run of bad luck going around here hit me too: I went to the bank today, and though I could have gotten the loan, when I got home tonight, my realtor sent me an email saying that I got sniped on the lot I was looking at. >:( That's the SECOND time this happened.

THIS 8-bit Theater strip sums up reaction perfectly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:03 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@QB: I'm not totally sure about the music. New music is really popular in montages and stuff, and those people definitely don't have the money to pay for the rights. I really don't know.

About the past. I miss not being handicapped, but more important than that, is how it almost completely changed my personality. I posted once that I didn't remember what I used to be like. I didn't remember myself. Then one day recently my dad showed me an old school picture of mine. So now that I remember my old personality, that's what hurts the most. I can't ever go back to being that version of me, and it was with out a doubt better than the current me.

Oh yeah. Some advice QB. I had my life turned upside down, not in the same way, and I wasn't in the same situation as you, but my advice is simple. Don't let it change you too much. It's inevitable that it changes you a little bit, just don't pull a mental 180. I let that happen to me, and after 7 years I still can't pick up my life. So no matter how long it takes to fix things (I hope things turn around for you quickly though), don't let it change you in fundamental ways. You don't seem like the person that would let that happen in the first place, but it's something to be aware of.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 76 of 200   [ 1992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 200  Next