Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lego Friends
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:31 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
hawkxs wrote:
Definitely want more cabinets/drawers, even if they're pink and purple.

Yeah, that, along with the nifty chalkboard and cool robot are the main reasons I'm also thinking about getting Olivia's workshop/lab set as well.... :)

That robot has a trans green round tile on its chest.ImageLooks familiar to me for some reason...
Larger image.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/seekerofknowledge/Other/3933-zoom.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:13 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

LEGO friends is only good for three things:

Offending girls; I asked a girl about this,and here's what she said: "Girls who play with dolls aren't going to switch to lego just for lego barbies and pink bricks!" and in addition, girls who like lego don't want dolls, they want girl oriented lego themes with MINIFIGURES, and not dress-up-dollies

Parts: Girl sets are GOLDMINES for rare accessories!

Firework dummies: This year, two of those dolls are shootin' cross the sky (to the tunes of "Firework" and "Dynamite")

Last edited by WrenVIXN on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:39 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Quote:
Offending girls; I asked a girl about this,and here's what she said: "Girls who play with dolls aren't going to switch to lego just for lego barbies and pink bricks!" and in addition, girls who like lego don't want dolls, they want girl oriented lego themes with MINIFIGURES, and not dress-up-dollies

But did you ask a girl that is in the target group age range? The only girls that seem offended by it are the ones that are older or influenced to think it was an attack on their gender. I've seen quite a few people that have daughters in the target range saying positive things about the line. The adult female LEGO fans I am friends with like the line well enough.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:21 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Yeees, I did!
(In case anyone didn't know, it's 6-12, NOT 1-4!)
And there's a whole crowd of girls that agree where I got that girls opinion.

And shame on anyone who thought it WAS 1-4. It's wrong to make such assumptions based on looks;

....Like with the recent Alvin A.T.C. trilogy! The old cartoon was O.K. for little kids, but the new stuff is more mature, like the music they sing: "Party Rock Anthem" instead of "Christmas Time"! Too many people (mostly parents and mostly in the USA) make so many false assumptions based on "it looks like a little kid thing" or "it's animated"! and they even IGNORE age range labels, both suggestions AND warnings! (I first noticed this in my shopping-addict aunts. once I recognized the problem, I saw it EVERYWHERE.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:28 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

I've seen opinions on all sides, from all ages, genders, etc. Overall I think it's a GOOD thing, because it's an OPTION. The idea of trying to make everything "gender neutral" and to try and destroy gender types is just...crazy, to say the least bit. Gender is pretty well ingrained into us at the genetic level. A statistically average girl will enjoy "girl toys" (dolls and such) while a statistically average boy will enjoy "boy toys" (cars and such). It's only a relatively small portion that's either mismatched or ambidextrous so to speak. The option ~should~ be there for girls and boys who ~want~ to have "girly" type sets with DOLLS to play with. Why deprive them of what they like just because you personally find it to be "offensive"? You don't have to play with it, no one is forcing you to. Why do people feel the need to try and INFLICT their personal views and likes onto others?

I think it's AWESOME that Lego is branching out and providing more options for play, in fact I wish they would do some more BOYISH themed sets too, like maybe a G.I. Joe esque military/war toy line (similar to BrickArms). That would be cool.

The best thing about the "girly" sets though is that they ALWAYS have really awesome new parts and pieces, especially this new line...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:04 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Those are some 'pretty' sweet 'female' items ... nice, :o)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:34 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Sure, and no one cared what I had to say about.........

"And shame on anyone who thought it WAS 1-4. It's wrong to make such assumptions based on looks;

....Like with the recent Alvin A.T.C. trilogy! The old cartoon was O.K. for little kids, but the new stuff is more mature, like the music they sing: "Party Rock Anthem" instead of "Christmas Time"! Too many people (mostly parents and mostly in the USA) make so many false assumptions based on "it looks like a little kid thing" or "it's animated"! and they even IGNORE age range labels, both suggestions AND warnings! (I first noticed this in my shopping-addict aunts. once I recognized the problem, I saw it EVERYWHERE.)"
EDIT: my little cousin is 2 now and when my aunts came by with her they wanted her to play with LEGO while they talked- and she's 2!!! They completely ignored the choking hazard, let alone the fact that kids must play with DUPLO from 1.5-5 before getting the more simple LEGO sets. (Yep, I said fact. Want me to verify it? I can.)

This is a real epidemic that turns little kids into brats, depresses older kids, and dulls a parents attention to detail. I'm writing a parenting book about it and with my friend Becky's help they'll sell like hotcakes and I'll have a website to go along with it. (a 9 year old wrote a #1 NYTimes Bestseller, "How to Talk to Girls") {:D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:58 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

WrenVIXN wrote:
the fact that kids must play with DUPLO from 1.5-5 before getting the more simple LEGO sets. (Yep, I said fact. Want me to verify it? I can.)

Verify it, mate. First toy I remeber is a big blue bucket of Legos.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:10 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

sentinal133 wrote:
WrenVIXN wrote:
the fact that kids must play with DUPLO from 1.5-5 before getting the more simple LEGO sets. (Yep, I said fact. Want me to verify it? I can.)

First toys I remember were army men, legos (Not duplos, mind you), and toy guns.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:24 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Biohazard wrote:
sentinal133 wrote:
WrenVIXN wrote:

First toys I remember were army men, legos (Not duplos, mind you), and toy guns.

Cowboys & Indians, Army Men, Lincoln Logs, LEGO/clone brands, and toy guns. :) Pretty much the same, IOW, though I played with the Cowboys & Indians most; still have THOUSANDS of the things in my closet. I never remember playing with Duplo, and I have memories from when I was 1-1/2.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next