Change font size
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:13 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: World of Warcraft
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:13 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

I got WoW yesterday and really want to make some stuff from it in legos,but i dont know how. I am sure others want to build stuff from it too. So in this thread you can post any designs for something from WoW or ask if aanyone has a design for something btw anyone know how to build a tuaren

Post subject: Re: World of Warcraft
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:08 pm 
Slag Fetcher
Slag Fetcher

While I myself have never played or seen someone play WoW, the game does have very large appeal to me. I support the Idea, though you may want to just work on your own and not rely on the opinions and thoughts of others. Be Independent. Experiment. Legos are tool for the imagination, to be shaped to your needs, your wants, and your ideas.

By the way, you may want to check your grammar. This isn't Facebook, you know.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:04 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

My suggestion would be to get a few snapshots to start with, and start looking at the unique features of the Tauren (or whoever) and search through the BF store, or the Lego site to see if you can find helmets, armor pieces, animal features that somewhat match. The Bricklink catalog search is a great source too.
I just googled the WOW Tauren, the head could be started with the Brick Warriors Minotaur (spelling ?) head piece, the new Lego one, and BF's horns ... hopefully that can get you started :o)
Sketching out the main features that you want also helps make clearer areas or pieces to look for.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:43 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

minfigCharmed wrote:
My suggestion would be to get a few snapshots to start with, and start looking at the unique features of the Tauren (or whoever) and search through the BF store, or the Lego site to see if you can find helmets, armor pieces, animal features that somewhat match. The Bricklink catalog search is a great source too.
I just googled the WOW Tauren, the head could be started with the Brick Warriors Minotaur (spelling ?) head piece, the new Lego one, and BF's horns ... hopefully that can get you started :o)
Sketching out the main features that you want also helps make clearer areas or pieces to look for.

thanks ill defietly buy some minotuar heads and probably make a clay beard on it like my character has

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:30 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

WoW is pretty great. Tauren would be a bit difficult. Not because of the head, but because of the torso. There are no broad shouldered torsos for minifigs. I would probably try and sculpt the upper body including the head and stick it on some legs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:25 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

To add to Mac's comment, you could use an armor piece as your base to build on. It mIght provide the shoulder width and fuller torso you'd need.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:10 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

I started a flickr group a while back, which hasn't really picked up much notice, to get more people creating World of Warcraft themed mocs. The medieval weapons and armor found here on the site are definitely a great start towards making a WoW inspired minifig. Searching the web I haven't found very many creations which actually surprises me considering their nearly 12 million player base. I did find a dwarven steam tank and an impressively accurate recreation of Booty Bay. I'm in the middle of moving to a new house so my funds are diverted elsewhere at the moment, but I plan to create a replica of the ship that travels between Ratchet and Booty Bay. With Lord of the Rings coming to Lego as well as the new Series 6 Minotaur Collectible Minifig, it should be easier to build an impressive Warcraft themed display.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]