Change font size
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:19 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Moleskine Lego Limited Edition Notebooks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:09 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Found this, thought others would be interested. Probably going to get one of them myself.

http://www.moleskineus.com/moleskine-lego-limited-edition.html

Post subject: Re: Moleskine Lego Limited Edition Notebooks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:59 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Uh....

"Each Moleskine notebook includes a short history of the legendary Moleskine notebook (printed in English, Italian, French, Spanish, German and Japanese) found inserted inside the back cover of the book.

Moleskine (mol-a-skeen'-a) journals possess a minimalism, style and quality that literally has centuries of experience. To the initiated, there is no substitute. The Moleskine notebook is the heir and successor to the legendary notebook used by artists and thinkers over the past two centuries: among them Vincent van Gogh, Pablo Picasso, Ernest Hemingway, and Bruce Chatwin.

Today they are seen absorbing stories on trails and mountains journaling adventures; recording data at engineering sites; at coffee shops soaking up ideas and capturing artistic designs; at hospitals recording procedures, on planes keeping track of what has and is to happen - - in all cases being a trusted traveling companion.

Moleskine notebooks are designed in Italy. Most of the production comes from China."

...yeah I think I'll pass. That's a little ~too~ hipster for me to handle I think. o_O

It's not about the notebook you're using, it's about the person using it. Some of the best and most innovative ideas have been drawn up on greasy spoon napkins and doodled across the front of old phone books.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:05 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Seems rawther pointless, old chap. Far too expensive, at any rate. I kind of freaked out when I read the title and thought LEGO notebooks were being made from mole hide.

Farfoos is right: they almost make it sound like the notebooks themselves write stories and ideas.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:08 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

actually, these look pretty cool. If I had the coin I'd drop some for a couple, these make great sketch and idea books.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:35 pm 
Slag Fetcher
Slag Fetcher

They are kind of pricey for a notebook. Particularly considering what you are really buying it for is the cover (paper is cheap). Moreover, Moleskine needs to fix their descriptions. What they are calling a brick seems only to be a plate. For a company that is marketing to FOLs that enjoy writing, they really should get their terminology correct.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:44 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Agreed gedren_y. I'll probably get one of each of these things and take some pictures. Maybe do some sort of review. Oh in the deep dark depths of southern Pennsylvania I found a Lego themed scrapbook for $5 recently. Never saw that before.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:11 pm 
Forge Master
Forge Master

I purchased a moleskin a few years ago, but hardly used it. In the digital age I found it much easier to carry a smartphone and dictate or type my thoughts, as opposed to whipping out a leather book to write them in.

-A

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]